Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I've been working on a fantasy story over the past few months, seems like everyone else is too lol. I don't know if I can keep up though, I'm scared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

How do I stop world building and start writing? So many ideas at once!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

"Looks like the victim was reading some conspiracy erotica when he was murdered. Weirdest poo poo I've ever seen."

"It's not the content that unnerves me, it's that there's so much of it..."

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 3, 2023

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

How do y'all feel about AI? :can: Not for writing stories for you, obviously, but for help with figuring out your story beats. I have six major characters in my story, three good and three bad. I've been asking GPT to help explain the conflicts and intrigue between my characters, and it's come up with multiple angles to consider. I think of it as a tool to help my creativity, not as a replacement for it. Thoughts?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Y'all make a bunch of good points, thanks.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I tweaked my opening chapter and finished it, going from 430 words to 1,400. I introduced the main character, some friends, a little confrontation, added some stakes, and she "saved the cat" near the end.

Rose is on her way to try out for open enrollment at Wizard Academy, on the back of a large brown bear named Mrs. Brenda B.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Day 7: 1,085
Total: 10,233

our heroes escape town in a cart and argue about whether to kill the driver or not

Difficult to schedule writing time around other stuff. Also having trouble working out what the characters can / should be able to do, so think i'm going to do D&D character sheets for them.

I've been using a Character Keeper for my writing, and it's pretty handy. It has lots of space to write about your main characters, and smaller sections for all the supporting ones. There's prompts in the back for your characters to help flesh out their motivations, fears, desires and stuff, too.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm proud of everyone for participating. Even if you don't finish, that's no reason to stop writing! I'm nowhere close to done, but I had a funny idea on how to wrap up my story and I've made lots of progress compared to last month.

I'm going to end with the last chapter calling back to the first one. One of the antagonists has a change of heart and meets an amazing woman... the werebear from the beginning in her human form. He doesn't know, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Ain't no minute like the last minute, because I wrote 10 pages and over 3k words! My longest chapter yet, but it had lots of dialogue. I also made up 2 new characters just to move the plot, one of which was a rhyming magician. :3:

I knew I wasn't going to finish going into this, but I'm glad for the opportunity to get motivated enough to try. Congrats to everyone that made it!