Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leng
May 13, 2006

One song / Glory
One song before I go / Glory
One song to leave behind

No other road
No other way
No day but today

Decedent posted:

Wait I really don't get this, where do I write? I logged in, started a project and it's asking me to make a cover and all this other weird extraneous stuff, where do I just write?

In wherever you normally write. The NaNoWriMo site is just for logging your word counts and to buddy up with other people.

Open up a Google Doc and just go!

I am not doing NaNo this year because I have beta read revisions to do on my sequel to my NaNoWriMo 2021 project that I published but I will be writing along with you all because some of those are gonna be structural which means new words.

Today I started my reread of the manuscript with fresh eyes having been away from it and all fantasy reading for the month of October and...yikes. The opening chapters need a LOT of rehauling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leng
May 13, 2006

One song / Glory
One song before I go / Glory
One song to leave behind

No other road
No other way
No day but today

Decedent posted:

Hey thanks guys!
Is it ok if I just make a thread here in Creative Commons? I have this weird thing that used to bother me in school where I'd open a word document and just stare at it, but of some reason stupid text boxes seem more inviting. I mean it probably is so I'm just gonna do it since its gonna put pressure on me to write.

Make a project thread! I did, three years ago, and people following along with that thread is literally the reason why I ended up publishing and I'm working on the sequel today.