Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
who's going to the parade on friday and should we plan a goon meet

I might legit beg my boss to let me go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Shinjobi posted:

I would in a heartbeat if I still lived in the area. I will be rejoicing from afar

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

blarzgh posted:

Lmao no, gently caress him

Yeah, you're right :hai:

Shinjobi posted:

If I still lived in Dallas I totally would've been there and bought a beer for any of Rangers Crew that showed up.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

Shinjobi posted:

I'm definitely gonna try. Also dependent on the boss man

meeler09
May 24, 2007
So many emotions still coursing through me right now. All those hot summer days in the upper deck. Coming in to games for the last 3-4 innings for free when they opened the gates in college.

Remembering a friends dad, the biggest ranger fan I ever knew. He would put up with us drinking underage at his house and then share the sports page and talk baseball with us at breakfast the next day. Miss you Bob. gently caress cancer.

This team and this sport were my first sports loves. Big rear end high fives and cheers to all of rangers crew. They loving did it.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

blarzgh posted:

Lmao no, gently caress him

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

An easy 4-1 win, the curse is right around the corner though

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Yeah, it's like the 2016 Cubs - looked built for the long-term, and very quickly flamed out. Now? Can't even get to the playoffs, lol. The Curse is Back.

The one thing both teams have in common? One A. Chapman helped to win the WS. :cursed:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

holy loving poo poo, I CALLED something?@!??!?:shepface:

buy a lottery ticket, jesus christ

This is incredible and is exactly what I was alluding to earlier when I posted this. Congrats Shinjobi on calling this perfectly.

Popete posted:

It's pretty funny how everyone (myself included) just wrote the Rangers off even coming into this season. They seemed completely uncompetitve but kept signing big contracts and then well, it worked out.

Edit: I don't know how to properly quote quote's so that's my best attempt :effort:

Popete fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Nov 2, 2023

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Popete posted:

Imagine if a team signed both Will Smith's and Terrance Gore, that's an instant dynasty.

Terrance Gore has as many World Series rings as he has major league hits.

He has one more World Series ring than he has professional (including the minors!) home runs.

He also got hit by a pitch at Wrigley Field during the NL Wild Card game in 2018, but the coward umps in their ivory tower in Chelsea overturned it and cost the Cubs the championship

Arikado
May 9, 2008

I was at game 5 of the 2010 World Series in the bleachers. I watched Bochy celebrate on the Temple's field in person. It is surreal to see him lead the Rangers to their first ever title 13 years later.

2011 stings a little less now, but gently caress David Freese forever.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I'm sure if you ask John Smoltz he'd tell you that being down 1 game to 4 is secretly pretty advantageous for Arizona right now.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

Scruffy the janitor posted:

I'm definitely gonna try. Also dependent on the boss man
I wanna say just go anyway but I don't know either of your personal circumstances obviously, but I hope it works out. Parades are great

simble
May 11, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

I'm sure if you ask John Smoltz he'd tell you that being down 1 game to 4 is secretly pretty advantageous for Arizona right now.

They’re hungry

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Looks like it will be warm tomorrow for the parade too... I have work across town at 4pm but might still go

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'd like to thank every manager of the Texas Rangers who, one way or another, lead us to last night's amazing moment.

That's right, I'm also thanking the wonderful Rangers managerial career of Eddie Stanky.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Shinjobi posted:

I'd like to thank every manager of the Texas Rangers who, one way or another, lead us to last night's amazing moment.

That's right, I'm also thanking the wonderful Rangers managerial career of Eddie Stanky.

Eddie Stanky is the reason why players aren't allowed to do poo poo to intentionally distract hitters, like doing jumping jacks in the infield.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Hey y'all. I've never posted in SAS, but I've loved my Rangers for three decades now, and it's awesome to finally climb the mountain.

Gonna go listen to Nadel calling the final out again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I don't really feel ownership in the success in the same way I felt ownership in the failure, but I'm happy for the players and management and ownership group.