Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclear Kitten
Sep 30, 2021
Tian-Qing arms. We have the weight allowance, let's get some bulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Captain Foo posted:

Finder Eye?

That's the one yeah

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

Left Hand: Duckett

We don't get that until the end of Chapter 3, sorry.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

nine-gear crow posted:

The coloquiett, then

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

nine-gear crow posted:

Kikaku Booster

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

: D
hilarious that we just got an ep talking about how such a huge variety of builds are totally viable. proud of all of you in the thread for breaking new ground in unplayable garbage!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

theamazingchris posted:

hilarious that we just got an ep talking about how such a huge variety of builds are totally viable. proud of all of you in the thread for breaking new ground in unplayable garbage!

Seriously, it should not take 2 repair kits just to beat Rummy. I am phenomenally upset with everyone :mad:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Seriously, it should not take 2 repair kits just to beat Rummy. I am phenomenally upset with everyone :mad:

Two repair kits for rummy? skill issue then, not a build issue.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AtomikKrab posted:

Two repair kits for rummy? skill issue then, not a build issue.

I've consistently pasted Rummy in like 20 seconds and near-zero damage with other builds. It's the build.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

This is what you get when you put goons on a pedestal and basically dare us to find a bad build.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

nine-gear crow posted:

Mad Stomp, bro.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

nine-gear crow posted:

Hahahhahaa

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh yes, you will.

:getin:

looking forward to an ultimate failure mech compilation at the end

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Geemer posted:

This is what you get when you put goons on a pedestal and basically dare us to find a bad build.

thread delivers. you asked for this crow.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
As someone who had no idea what they were submitting, I blame the people who knew.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
If I still had the buttons, i would probate all of you

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Geeze, it's just a job 621

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

If I still had the buttons, i would probate all of you

MAD STOMP!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Slaan posted:

Geeze, it's just a job 621

You're right. I should conserve my anger for when you all gently caress up --------IBIS--------.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

look my first vote was for a fantastic weapon, the pilebunker should have carried the rest of the build... if you know there was any ability to stagger.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I've never used the napalm launcher (I'm suspicious since the napalm guns in previous ACs are... not good) but given the mission I think you're on I can see the difficulty of dealing with the build.
I also hosed up my build and accidentally went in with one handgun, one songbirds and two blades on a nachreiher core. No problem with invincible rummy, but the cleaner really hosed me up given that I'd loaded up with two melee weapons with a low-defence frame. Or do you think I could have done it on that setup?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Crazy Achmed posted:

I've never used the napalm launcher (I'm suspicious since the napalm guns in previous ACs are... not good) but given the mission I think you're on I can see the difficulty of dealing with the build.
I also hosed up my build and accidentally went in with one handgun, one songbirds and two blades on a nachreiher core. No problem with invincible rummy, but the cleaner really hosed me up given that I'd loaded up with two melee weapons with a low-defence frame. Or do you think I could have done it on that setup?

up and over jamming songbirds down the smokestack until you can punish the stagger with both blades and get out

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

When I get back to the states from my cruise, I am going to take the original oppenmech build into chapter two and just see how it fares against the opposition, I just feel it can't be THAT bad.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

AtomikKrab posted:

When I get back to the states from my cruise, I am going to take the original oppenmech build into chapter two and just see how it fares against the opposition, I just feel it can't be THAT bad.

Narrator: Turns out it was worse than that.

Ismene
Apr 26, 2012
Pillbug

AtomikKrab posted:

I just took it out for a spin and Rummy was still basically a speedbump. I did take a few hits but the oppenmech's honestly pretty beefy. The napalm gun is -alright- against an opponent who will gladly wade around in the flames and good ol MAD STOMP has no sense of self preservation. I can see this fight going worse if you decided to stay in the air and hover. The only thing Rummy has going for them is their melee weapon, so they'll try to close in.

The oppenmech's a bit confused, between using tetrapod legs for hovering, a booster meant for assault boost and nothing else, and weapons that rely on splash damage.

Using the ashmead to stagger isn't the best, but it still does a healthy chunk of damage even to unstaggered enemies.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ismene posted:

I just took it out for a spin and Rummy was still basically a speedbump. I did take a few hits but the oppenmech's honestly pretty beefy. The napalm gun is -alright- against an opponent who will gladly wade around in the flames and good ol MAD STOMP has no sense of self preservation. I can see this fight going worse if you decided to stay in the air and hover. The only thing Rummy has going for them is their melee weapon, so they'll try to close in.

The oppenmech's a bit confused, between using tetrapod legs for hovering, a booster meant for assault boost and nothing else, and weapons that rely on splash damage.

Using the ashmead to stagger isn't the best, but it still does a healthy chunk of damage even to unstaggered enemies.

The second build the thread put together is certainly MUCH better so far. The main problem for the tetrapod build is that Rummy is too mobile to pin down with the napalm as a primary weapon, will dodge shots from the Songbirds if not already staggered or exhausted from a previous dodge, and the plasma missiles do poo poo AP damage and even shittier ACS damage to get him staggered to use the pilebunker on him, and the boost kick is also ineffective because it does poor damage and he will also dodge a kick attempt most of the time.

The tanktread OppenMech just literally rolls right over him in comparison, it's not even funny.

I will freely admit though, both leg bases are the ones I'm the least experienced with overall, I prefer biped builds, so this IS taking me well outside my comfort zone. But no, the first build sucked for the Mission 1 of Chapter 2, I stand by that one.

But if anyone DOES want to kick some footage of their run with it my way, I'd be happy to include it in the video as bonus material.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 16, 2024

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

The second build the thread put together is certainly MUCH better so far. The main problem for the tetrapod build is that Rummy is too mobile to pin down with the napalm as a primary weapon, will dodge shots from the Songbirds if not already staggered or exhausted from a previous dodge, and the plasma missiles do poo poo AP damage and even shittier ACS damage to get him staggered to use the pilebunker on him, and the boost kick is also ineffective because it does poor damage and he will also dodge a kick attempt most of the time.

The tanktread OppenMech just literally rolls right over him in comparison, it's not even funny.

I will freely admit though, both leg bases are the ones I'm the least experienced with overall, I prefer biped builds, so this IS taking me well outside my comfort zone. But no, the first build sucked for the Mission 1 of Chapter 2, I stand by that one.

But if anyone DOES want to kick some footage of their run with it my way, I'd be happy to include it in the video as bonus material.

do you have the pc share code for it, just to make it easier for me to find when I get a chance? I want to try it out.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Caw caw

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Right. I've been meaning to put out SOME sort of little update of sorts, but the LP is on a bit of a hold for a while until some real life things get sorted out. We'll be back under way in due time though.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

nine-gear crow posted:

Right. I've been meaning to put out SOME sort of little update of sorts, but the LP is on a bit of a hold for a while until some real life things get sorted out. We'll be back under way in due time though.

It's a poo poo world out there, fam, hope you come through it all okay.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Welp. :rip:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's always the Trump threads lmao

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

nine-gear crow posted:

He'll be back once someone buys his mercenary contract.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I hope so, I like and/or want them to post here

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
nine-gear crow at home right now

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Current status:

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Get back here coward, we need you to show us how you beat all the bosses without using boosters.

Which is apparently actually possible.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Another 8 days.

How can you buy someone's account back for them? Is there a way?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Another 8 days.

How can you buy someone's account back for them? Is there a way?

Yes, you can pay someone else's :10bux: to overturn a ban, there's just not a link to it in the Purchases tab at the top of the screen for some reason.

https://store.somethingawful.com/products/unban.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Thanks, I'll set a reminder on my calendar.

I've always enjoyed nine-gear crow's stuff and that ban was bullshit.