Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I have literally had someone shoot charged shots at me with a curtis while I stood still in pvp and... miss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

AtomikKrab posted:

I have literally had someone shoot charged shots at me with a curtis while I stood still in pvp and... miss

See? That is why curtis has a niche! If that happens to the harris you couldn't try again. :pseudo: Though it is also nice to see someone admit line rifles are not "Hard lock always hits please delete from game thank you"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

AtomikKrab posted:

I mean, whatever circumstances caused that they would have missed with any other weapon since it all works the same.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

nine-gear crow posted:

I've seen a couple of really good Megatrons out there, sadly none of them have sharecodes and the only one that does looks really sketch compared to stuff like this
If you can't find a good Megatron, then a Big Fuckoff Cannon build works well enough for me.

I just want to see things explode at the press of a button.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

I don't know what this one is going to be, but it has rocketed to the top of the build request file just based on the mission requested.
What, is this one of the characters from the White Knight Chronicles LPs?

Because that's what my mind jumped to with that coy wording and with this particular audience.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
A request for our resident Raven, for 2-1 use the correct choice, use Quad legs for that mission just to show how building for the mission makes things a snap.

Got things to say about things to come, but not for a long time yet.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

NGDBSS posted:

What, is this one of the characters from the White Knight Chronicles LPs?

Because that's what my mind jumped to with that coy wording and with this particular audience.

No, this is definitely an Armored Core-specific request. There is an early game mission coming up either in what's going to be Video 3 or 4 which has you doing the Armored Core equivalent of clubbing a baby seal to death for a (early game) respectable amount of cash. It's become a meme within the community for that fact that people have taken to rerunning it over and over again to grind quick cash, but I will refrain from talking about it any further until we get to it in the LP.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
a completely viable PVE missile boat (transcribed from playstation)

UNLOADER 4

2x Arms: HML-G2/P19MLT-04
2x Shoulders: BML-G1/P32DUO-03

Head: Kasuar
Core: Nachtreiher
Arms: VP-46D
Legs: Firmeza

Booster: Alula
FCS: P10SLT
Generator: VP-20D

Expansion: pulse armor

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

a completely viable PVE missile boat (transcribed from playstation)

UNLOADER 4

2x Arms: HML-G2/P19MLT-04
2x Shoulders: BML-G1/P32DUO-03

Head: Kasuar
Core: Nachtreiher
Arms: VP-46D
Legs: Firmeza

Booster: Alula
FCS: P10SLT
Generator: VP-20D

Expansion: pulse armor

You got a colour scheme you want me to follow for it, or just spin the roulette wheel and see what I defile it with?

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

You got a colour scheme you want me to follow for it, or just spin the roulette wheel and see what I defile it with?

recommend blue/gray with the booster, but feel free to spin that wheel if you get inspired.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I want you to do use the quad mech from the very first AC6 reveal trailer because it's cool as heck. It does use some late game parts tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKO1s-CUZvY

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Make a metroid inspired power suit one. With how chunky the parts so far look, the dark suit might be an option?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WaltherFeng posted:

I want you to do use the quad mech from the very first AC6 reveal trailer because it's cool as heck. It does use some late game parts tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKO1s-CUZvY

Grenade chucker, Haldeman, shield and I think that's one of the grenade launchers on the back right, but I'm not sure, either way is gonna be an... interesting loadout.

Geemer posted:

Make a metroid inspired power suit one. With how chunky the parts so far look, the dark suit might be an option?

There's a couple of good Samus sharecodes out there. The Dark Samus one I've found is PS5 only though.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 31, 2023

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

There's a couple of good Samus sharecodes out there. The Dark Samus one I've found is PS5 only though.

Dark Samus would be rad, but I meant this one:

Going for the classic varia or power suit is the objectively better choice, though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It might be a bit more accurate to how the Guntank functions and better for gameplay to use double gatlings, but the Sweet Sixteens look the part better, it's up to you

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 1, 2023

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So we're gonna end up slow rolling some of these requests over the course of the LP because lol I forgot how limited the initial parts shop selection is. I've got a couple of the easier suggestions out of the way, and I'll break out the 100% save file for the Very Special Mission just to show off Godna's design because holy poo poo it's a good one, but expect a bit of :effort: for the time being until we really get under way.

If everything goes right, the next video should be out late Saturday or early Sunday.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

So we're gonna end up slow rolling some of these requests over the course of the LP because lol I forgot how limited the initial parts shop selection is. I've got a couple of the easier suggestions out of the way, and I'll break out the 100% save file for the Very Special Mission just to show off Godna's design because holy poo poo it's a good one, but expect a bit of :effort: for the time being until we really get under way.

If everything goes right, the next video should be out late Saturday or early Sunday.

You can save mine for the end frankly, its best used with that certain melee weapon from the program and is actually legit great for beating up that last boss there.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Shei-kun posted:

If you can't find a good Megatron, then a Big Fuckoff Cannon build works well enough for me.

I just want to see things explode at the press of a button.

The Galvatron build.

ChaosDragon
Jul 13, 2014
How is a pure melee build?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

White Coke posted:

The Galvatron build.
Yeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

ChaosDragon posted:

How is a pure melee build?

Very strong actually, punching with the right is good for a lot of stagger, and you can have two melee on the left.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I absolutely adore AC6, the music alone makes it worth a playthrough.
And of course I roll as good ol NINEBALL.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

chiasaur11 posted:

I've always thought of the classic build as having an energy weapon instead of a machine gun, for the cost savings.

Sure, that doesn't apply in this one, but old time's sake, you know?
Specifically I'm talking about this fellow - I think the closest we can get is a mashup of MELANDER and MELANDER-C3 parts with the SHADE EYE head, carrying a 6-pack of missiles, EARSHOT shoulder grenade launcher, laserblade, and the CHANG-CHEN machinegun - unless there's something I haven't unlocked yet that's closer to the good old MG/AR-1000, I have no idea of work-life balance and am myself still pissing around in the ice field in plain NG.

[edit]If I can suggest a second build, take any combo of heavy-ish frame parts that you like, boosters optimised for kicking as much as you can, two gatling guns like we saw in the trailer and on the shoulders, a couple of the second biggest machine guns we can field, probably the CHANG-CHEN again.
Modus operandi is to stick to your target like glue, holding down both fire buttons and kicking whenever you need to reload, save ammo, or whenever you feel like it.
AC name: BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crazy Achmed fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 3, 2023

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

that looks like the battletech warhammer

crow please make the battletech warhammer:

one of the should pods is a missile launcher and the other is just a floodlight. big fuckoff energy projectile cannon arms, lasers and/or machine guns elsewhere

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Have we had any obligatory Gundam suggestions yet? How about we get a little more out there and try out a Super Robot Wars Gespenst (pulse/laser sword, plasma or laser rifle for the neutron beam, split missiles, maybe HMMR to stand in for the slash rippers) or Huckebein? I'd love to suggest the Alteisen too but I don't think there's any good shoulder options to emulate the Heavy Claymores other than maybe dual Spread Bazookas.

Edit: actually, the Tyranado from T would probably be fairly easy. A lightweight lightning fast ac with dual laser handguns, maybe pulse blade to represent the beam bayonets, and Nebula(s) for the heavier beam cannons it can use.

IthilionTheBrave fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 3, 2023

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

biosterous posted:

one of the should pods is a missile launcher and the other is just a floodlight. big fuckoff energy projectile cannon arms, lasers and/or machine guns elsewhere

Redshift/redshift/6pack/?(bubblecannon,huxley,nothing, 4pack)

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Might as well toss my hat into the ring (but not The Hatter).

APHARMD BATTLER

9NDRG3LW41L6

If you need me to edit the build for earlier parts, just let me know what changes to make and I can post a new code. This is mostly about the paint/decals.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 4, 2023

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

7c Nickel posted:

Might as well toss my hat into the ring (but not The Hatter).

APHARMD BATTLER

9NDRG3LW41L6

If you need me to edit the build for earlier parts, just let me know what changes to make and I can post a new code. This is mostly about the paint/decals.

Once we unlock the Songbirds that looks very doable, yeah.

IthilionTheBrave posted:

Have we had any obligatory Gundam suggestions yet? How about we get a little more out there and try out a Super Robot Wars Gespenst (pulse/laser sword, plasma or laser rifle for the neutron beam, split missiles, maybe HMMR to stand in for the slash rippers) or Huckebein? I'd love to suggest the Alteisen too but I don't think there's any good shoulder options to emulate the Heavy Claymores other than maybe dual Spread Bazookas.

Edit: actually, the Tyranado from T would probably be fairly easy. A lightweight lightning fast ac with dual laser handguns, maybe pulse blade to represent the beam bayonets, and Nebula(s) for the heavier beam cannons it can use.

We're actually kind of swimming in Gundam poo poo at the moment, and thanks to a certain poster we're actually gonna get a Gundum request out of the way basically right up front in the next update.

If I'm being perfectly honest, I kind of find Gundam-AC builds insanely boring and haven't really been able to muster anything more than "Oooh, that's kinda neat that you managed to make that. Good job :effort:" towards them so, I'm actually gonna ask folks to just cool it with the Gundam requests for now and maybe try focusing on slapping what parts we have so far together to make a cool or nightmare AC instead. I'll provide a parts list of what we have so far, plus what to expect in the next update and see if there's anything in there that strikes anyone's fancy that they can cobble together into an AC, working or otherwise.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

biosterous posted:

The real question, I think is: can one make an Urbanmech, including the walking trashcan look?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

OddObserver posted:

The real question, I think is: can one make an Urbanmech, including the walking trashcan look?

There is a particularly trash-can-y core, head and legs set, yes. You get a brief glimpse of it midway through Video 1 if you're curious.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I'll retract the goondam request if there's been too many of them. Instead, how about just giving something the most garish 70s super robot looking paint job you can manage?

Still would like to see some punching though, i read somewhere that it can be pretty effective and i'm not in a position to try it for myself.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Please consider also for an arena fight: fast & agile frame, krsv and whatever missile that has a large AoE, ECM jammers, and pulse shield expansion. Frame has to be painted light grey with one red arm.
Yo, Buddy. You still alive?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

My only request for an AC build is to do a mission where you throw away all your weapons and beat the poo poo out of everything.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Would it be possible to whip up something from Brigador?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
That Poor Boy

Part 3: That Poor Boy

Overview: With a valid license secured, 621 must now establish their reputation as a mercenary on Rubicon. The situation is rife for exploitation and open contracts with the two resident super corporations, Balam and Arquebus, should prove to be just the ticket.

BALAM

Balam Industries is one of the two intergalactic mega-corporations permitted to operate on Rubicon by the PCA. They are currently conducting a mid-scale Coral survey of the Belius continent of Rubicon and have agreed alongside Arquebus, to limit their operations to specific PCA-approved areas of Rubicon. Straying into restricted areas of the planet risks open conflict with the PCA and the removal of all Balam-aligned assets and personnel from Rubicon… by force if need be.

Balam made a name for themselves during the Jupiter War and established their in-house AC contingent, the Red Guns, as the premiere private military force in Earth Government-controlled space. That their ranking members are on Rubicon right now shows how seriously Balam is taking its operation on the planet. But we’ll talk more about the Red Guns in the next update...

Balam AC parts are boxy and kinetic-based. Bullets and nothing but bullets at variable rates of fire are in your future if you decide to roll with Balam products on your AC build.

DAFENG

Dafeng Core Industry is a direct subsidiary of Balam Industries and has been permitted an operating license on Rubicon by the PCA under the Balam corporate umbrella. Balam has put Dafeng to work reclaiming portions of the Grid high above central and nothern Belius for now, with options to expand their operations based on the results of the Coral survey.

Much like their parent company, Dafeng specializes in kinetic weaponry AC parts: machine guns, bazookas and grenade launchers. Unlike Balam, however, they also offer a slate of internal parts such as generators and FCS motherboards.

ARQUEBUS

Known collectively as either the Arquebus Group or Arquebus Corporation, this firm and its subsidiaries are the second of the two intergalactic corporations granted limited access by the PCA to Rubicon. Much like Balam, Arquebus operates on Rubicon at the PCA’s discretion, and is forced to abide by the restrictions of the Closure System but aren’t above trying to test the boundaries of the PCA’s patience.

In addition to its subsidiaries, Arquebus has not just its own in-house advanced R&D division, but also it’s own private mercenary force, the Vespers, on retainer for situations that require and overwhelming show of force. While not as famous as the Red Guns, they are feared all the same by those in the know.

Arquebus parts are strictly energy-based when it comes to weapons, laser-based to be specific. While they offer a trio of generator options, Arquebus frame parts tend to be more rounded and tapered compared to Balam’s angular offerings.

SCHNEIDER

A subsidiary of the Arquebus Group, Schneider is the Dafeng to Arquebus’s Balam. Tasked with completing lower level work for Arquebus’s Coral survey, they will be Walter and 621’s primary point of contact with Arquebus for now until they build up their reputation on Rubicon somewhat.

Schneider AC parts are, like their parent company’s, energy-based when it comes to weaponry, but plasma and pulse-based compared to Arquebus’s laser weaponry. Their AC parts similarly are light and tapered and pair well with Arquebus HQ parts on a visual level a least.

Other than that, there’s not much else to say about Schneider up front.

BAWS

Formally known as Belius Applied Weapons Systems, BAWS (pronounced “B’OW-SE”) is one of the few native Rubiconian corporations still in operation on the planet. The majority of the MT forces currently deployed by all sides in the conflict are BAWS-mass produced models and heavy tetrapod mechs.

That said, while BAWS is not picky about its client list, they still remember who the “home team” is, and supply the Rubicon Liberation Front with the lion-share of their output. It’s safe to say that the RLF would not exist at all at this point without the generous support of BAWS.

Much like their MT output, BAWS’s AC parts line up is also simple and to-the-point. Their weapons spread consists of kinetic-based burst-fire small arms and their AC frame parts are also rudimentary in shape and scope.

Starting with the mission Destroy the Transport Helicopters, BAWS tetrapod MTs will now begin appearing across certain missions as mini-boss encounters. Enemy terapods will have varying configurations of armaments based on their faction. Some may be encountered directly in missions, others will be hidden away in off-path areas and will need to be discovered by the player. Some tetrapods will count towards the Loghunt tally for ALLMIND, others will not.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 21, 2023

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also to aide in our thread-based "Design An AC" gimmick, I will be posting a list of currently-available as of the next slate of missions parts for you all to start slamming together based on consensus or "I really want to see this" in order to curb some of the more gimmicky or reference-y submissions now that we've got one of them out of the way with Godna's build in Mission 5.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

AP is stored in the BAWS

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

didn't know about the return to the crater being possible in the grid 135 mission - neat!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I understand why the Yamcha nickname was chosen, but that trainee should have been given the callsign of "Harry Kim" for how much misfortune people bring upon him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

I understand why the Yamcha nickname was chosen, but that trainee should have been given the callsign of "Harry Kim" for how much misfortune people bring upon him.

Got a job for you, 621.