Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Fun movie. The VO narration/inner monologue had me very iffy at first, because it treads in that irritating place where clever can easily become pretentious, but I warmed up to it quickly as it was some well-crafted character development, showing a pattern of where his thoughts drift and essentially setting himself up as an unreliable narrator, quickly realized in his gently caress-up.

Old habits die hard, but some of the tacticool realism stuff was cornball and unrealistic (his one-handed room clearing was hamfisted, and come on I thought we were beyond the point where a gun gets its action racked every time you see it, or as an intimidation tactic). Like others have said though, it definitely kept my interest.

Anticlimactic ending felt very deliberate, to me. I can't put my finger on why but it was subversive in a way that just felt weird.

Soundtrack was incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU