Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Others have pointed it out, and its a theme in the source material as well:

even though he's narrating about how much of a competent killer is and that he doesn't give a gently caress: we are immediately shown that not only is he not as competent as he thinks he is, he also extremely gives a gently caress about things. His whole "I belong to no country, no flag" ethos goes right out the window once someone close to him is hurt. The comedy comes from him trying to keep up this illusion, and repeating his method and plan and just actively going against it at almost every turn. Tilda Swinton's speech is a direct confrontation of the narrative he tells himself. Killing her to tie up loose ends is a lie that he's telling himself and the real reason he's there, and that he'd even risk such a direct encounter is because his pride was hurt and he spends the entire movie trying to act like that's not the case and it's extremely obvious it is. It's about a dude who thinks he's Agent 47 and in reality he's just a regular guy who also happens to be really good at murdering people.

My only negative with this movie is that I wish Trent Reznor's OST was more prominent but I got a kick out of the guys meditation music being morrisey lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU