Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Fassbender played the character as a hyper-competent dipshit and I thought that was just great. The constant narration was important because without that we just have a hitman who fucks up and then tries to fix things (and hey, I'm not about to say bad things about Le Samourai), but with it we get a character who isn't nearly as intelligent or in control as he thinks he is and is constantly engaging in self-delusion, while still managing to be pretty drat great at what he does. He's not dissimilar to the protagonist from Fight Club in a lot of ways.

Honestly I think the entire movie's effectiveness hinges on whether the hitman's shtick hits you as funny or annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU