Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

temple posted:

Is it controversial to say Courtney Cox was hotter than Jennifer Aniston?
Rip the friends guy

No. I had a small crush on her back when she was on Misfits of Science

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

The only thing I saw Matthew Perry in was that movie with Chris Farley. Farley's last big role so I wanted to see it.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

could he BREATHE any more water?!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Chinatown posted:

jennifer aniston is hot as gently caress

It's the Aveeno ofc ads and Jennifer Aniston don't lie :colbert:

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I'm continuing to watch this Windows 95 instructional video and it is SURPRISINGLY racist

Wait til you pop in the Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing CD

Private Cumshoe fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Oct 30, 2023

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Private Cumshoe posted:

It's the Aveeno ofc ads and Jennifer Aniston don't lie :colbert:

Wait til you pop in the Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing CD

I like the idea of a bootleg mavis beacon cd that forces you to type in the lyrics of 2 live crew's "Pop That Pussy" over and over and over

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
What the gently caress was he talking about with that tweet about playing klonoa with his pants around his ankles

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I think that means he had pulled his pants down

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
But to what end

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

To presumably then pull down da undies

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Nice to know Matthew Perry liked good video games.

He really got screwed career wise ending up in that poo poo posthumous Chris Farley movie.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Private Cumshoe posted:

Nice to know Matthew Perry liked good video games.

He really got screwed career wise ending up in that poo poo posthumous Chris Farley movie.

Wagons East?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Wagons East?
haha
well done

cracker
May 12, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Is this the first celebrity death in the social media age where nobody even feigns caring?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

cracker posted:

Is this the first celebrity death in the social media age where nobody even feigns caring?

tons of people seem to care, its honestly quite a sad story of addiction and the lifelong effects of the opiate industry.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

cracker posted:

Probably says more about your feed than anything, I'm seeing a lot of people talking about it. At least yesterday.

The six leads of Friends are incredibly talented actors with great physical comedy skills. Check out Schwimmer's pratfalls, he's incredible. I understand dismissing popular media because there's so much basic crap out there, but it's not like we're talking about Full House here.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Didn't he say he wished keanu reeves was dead instead of chris farley

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
He apologized ok it was in The Guardian

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Go On was a better show than Friends.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Private Cumshoe posted:

He apologized ok it was in The Guardian

And than he mysteriously died. Seems like a certain someone who stared in speed, didn't believe in live and let live.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
so no one told you man from friends would was going to be going to drown this way "CLAP!"

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

latinotwink1997 posted:

Hell, Lumbergh hosed her

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

this sucks, I liked him

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

dr_rat posted:

And than he mysteriously died. Seems like a certain someone who stared in speed, didn't believe in live and let live.

I didn't know Sandra Bullock had peoples' backs like that.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
I always interpreted the gay/trans jokes as being more about making fun of the characters themselves for being so naive and unnecessarily fearful about it all, the same way they were the butt of the joke in everything else. I know it's super silly comedy but I've never understood the hatred for that. It's fine to laugh at dumb stuff sometimes, and then other times you might want to watch something more "clever" and that's okay too.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Courtney Cox is a freaking treasure and Cougar Town is also ok to watch too :colbert:

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023

Ross was good in Six Days Seven Nights. A HIGHLY underrated Harrison Ford film that inspired Sony’s UNCHARTED franchise

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Private Cumshoe posted:

Courtney Cox is a freaking treasure and Cougar Town is also ok to watch too :colbert:

I prefer the original british show cougartown abbey

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Upcougar Downcougar is pretty good too but it's all the same poo poo really

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

90sgamer posted:

Ross was good in Six Days Seven Nights. A HIGHLY underrated Harrison Ford film that inspired Sony’s UNCHARTED franchise

That was a dumb movie.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Six Gays, Seven Wives would make a much better film (maybe it's about brunch??)

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

putin is a oval office posted:

I always interpreted the gay/trans jokes as being more about making fun of the characters themselves for being so naive and unnecessarily fearful about it all, the same way they were the butt of the joke in everything else.

I feel this was the case for It’s Always Sunny.

For Friends and Seinfeld I feel it was blurrier. Like “oh yeah obviously being gay/trans is fine, but they still are weird/funny, right”.

I think it says more about the state of flux we were in in the 90s than it does about the moral character of the writers. But it was also lovely that young people had to internalise the gay/trans jokes, and might not have caught that the main cast were the real butt of the jokes (if indeed they were).

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
What the hell I would love to have champagne coulis with Jerry Seinfeld

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

putin is a oval office posted:

I always interpreted the gay/trans jokes as being more about making fun of the characters themselves for being so naive and unnecessarily fearful about it all, the same way they were the butt of the joke in everything else. I know it's super silly comedy but I've never understood the hatred for that. It's fine to laugh at dumb stuff sometimes, and then other times you might want to watch something more "clever" and that's okay too.

The poster with a gendered slur as a username doesn’t mind hearing jokes mocking lgbt people?? Quelle surprise

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

Private Cumshoe posted:

What the hell I would love to have champagne coulis with Jerry Seinfeld

That episode came out in 1996 and treated LGBT people way better than the “not that there’s anything wrong with that” episode from 1993. Demonstrates how much poo poo changed in a short window of time, even within the same show.

In 1993, Jerry is mortified at the idea of people thinking he is in a same-sex relationship.
In 1996, Jerry is offended that someone assumes he isn’t in a same-sex relationship (in a particular context).

In both cases, I feel it’s implied that the audience will/should relate to Jerry.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

erosion posted:

The six leads of Friends are incredibly talented actors with great physical comedy skills. Check out Schwimmer's pratfalls, he's incredible. I understand dismissing popular media because there's so much basic crap out there, but it's not like we're talking about Full House here.

now tell me about the acting chops of the monkey

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

StrangersInTheNight posted:

You're referring to Nope, right?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

The Top G posted:

The poster with a gendered slur as a username doesn’t mind hearing jokes mocking lgbt people?? Quelle surprise

what if the poster likes both things in their name though

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Speaking of bigotry

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I find it odd that people in the almost year 2024 judge tv shows from the 1990's by the same cultural standards of today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Hey, I still judge tv shows from the 1590's by the same cultural standards of today.

That reality show Which Witch Island, when every week they vote who they thinks a witch, then burn the contestant who got the most votes, well I feel that is very not good thing for them to be doing. :colbert: