Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Was it in a what seems shallow but swiftly moving mountain stream, but was deeper than you thought, you slip, grab a rock, it's slime, you go down, BONK.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Let me use this thread to share a couple of PSA's about drowning:
Yes, you can drown in almost any amount of water - any amount sufficient to cover your airways.

But more to the point, people who drown while swimming do not do so like they show on TV and movies, which show people thrashing about and yelling and maybe calling for help.
No, actual drowning is often a quick and silent event, where the person takes on water, goes under, and does not struggle or make much noise or commotion.

That's why if you're watching someone swim who needs to be monitored, keep a closer eye than you might normally, thinking you'd hear first if there was any trouble.

Thank you.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I have never seen a Friends. Sorry Matthew Perry.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I find it odd that people in the almost year 2024 judge tv shows from the 1990's by the same cultural standards of today.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

neato burrito posted:

When is a Pike not like a Perry?

Buffy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

shazbot posted:

How do you drown in a hot tub?

ITS TOO HOT IN THE HOT TUB!