Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Jt at his peak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi7gwX7rjOw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
He'll never be a Lance Basstronaut.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

mannerup posted:

lmao I completely forgot about that until now, and am also now pissed

Didn't he just miss a payment which made him lost his spot?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

JT sucks rear end but Futuresex/Lovesounds is good, largely due to timbaland crushing it. Similar as to why the Lonely Island stuff is ok.

JT is bland, but he can be carried. Damning for a megastar tbqh

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

deep dish peat moss posted:

Can someone post that recent video of Justin Timberlake wearing dad duds dancing an awkward Ashlee Simpson style jig during a live performance

wait here it is

https://packaged-media.redd.it/1s49...509c9f7210e#t=0

i dont understand wearing khaki pants or whatever that color is called, if i was doing something high intensity and stressful like performing in front of people the swamp rear end would be insane

i guess if you can pull it off good for you mister timberlake

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
New Trolls movie coming soon but tickets now.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Lurker Ant posted:

So now that Britney’s memoir is out and everybody knows what a huge shithead JT is I feel vindicated in thinking he’s an untalented vocalist who only skated by on having much more talented producers to cover up his mediocre singing with slick beats. Lack of said producers on his last album really exposed his weaknesses and that’s why it tanked hard and basically killed his relevance. And now he’s been outed as a serial cheating rear end in a top hat who throws women under the bus to further his own career so lol.

All that needs to happen now is for Janet Jackson to make a comeback so she can slam the lid shut on his coffin

I too completely change my media made up mind the moment new media is released.

What a smuck.

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

well why not posted:

JT sucks rear end but Futuresex/Lovesounds is good, largely due to timbaland crushing it. Similar as to why the Lonely Island stuff is ok.

JT is bland, but he can be carried. Damning for a megastar tbqh

There are some songs on 20/20 that I’ll defend, that was the one album where he seemed to find a sound that fit his voice well. But even then he somehow got it in his head that making every track like 8 minutes long was a good idea

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
justin timberlake is good, actually

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

its all nice on rice posted:

New Trolls movie coming soon but tickets now.

Is no place on the Internet safe from viral marketing anymore?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wifi Toilet posted:

Is no place on the Internet safe from viral marketing anymore?

huh. thought that was a Haiku

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Has anyone said Justin Timbrefake yet? Lil music joke for ya ;)

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

JediTalentAgent posted:

For about the half-dozen years before 2003, there were a LOT of people who just couldn't stand him because he was a boy band singer. Then he does that SARS concert with The Rolling Stones and it feels like that's where he started to gain a lot more fans from people who previously wrote him off.

His music shifts, and doing some acting seemed to file away some of that negativity that people had, but I think that Stones concert (and he and the Stones' reaction to it) was the real tipping point for a number of people.

And the crowd was throwing stuff at him, which Keith got visibly angry about.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Agent Escalus posted:

And the crowd was throwing stuff at him, which Keith got visibly angry about.

Keith Richards can be visibly anything? Is this 1982?

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
man this guy frickin SUCSK

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Remember for a minute when they tried to sell him as an actor?

Woof.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Remember for a minute when they tried to sell him as an actor?

Woof.

Justin Timberlake or Keith Richards?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Justin Timberlake or Keith Richards?

If any of you ever see a setup like this and feel the need to say "yes" and parrot that stupid fuckin joke, I hope you burn alive.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SilvergunSuperman posted:

If any of you ever see a setup like this and feel the need to say "yes" and parrot that stupid fuckin joke, I hope you burn alive.

don't listen to this guy. Make the joke. Always make the joke

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
pretending to be funny will inevitably make you funny

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Lurker Ant posted:

I mean I’m happy to illuminate the situation for y’all anyway but like… give me a break lol the tweets aren’t going to hurt you

I don't like spend time on a website run by an obvious white supremacist who very clearly wants to use it to influence government policies and has the open support of quite a few reprehensible yet somehow genuinely influential people (including elected officials).

None of the things you posted about what he did seem worse than trying to drive traffic to that sort of place in the name of getting "the hottest celebrity gossip!"

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

pretending to be funny will inevitably make you funny

Just like with Timberlake, if you put enough poo poo out there some of it will land eventually even if you're mediocre.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra7Fa6kE718

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Wifi Toilet posted:

It’s fascinating to see the differences between musicians and “musicians” as they age in their careers. Once the 20-somethings stop buying your music, “musicians” can’t find anyone to make their music for them anymore so they start acting or going on terrible singing contest tv shows. Actual musicians just keep making music even if it won’t sell as much.

Are you trying to say that JT and Britney lack... what, creative talent? They are both performers. At their peak, they were top tier dancers and singers. They have creative ability, but they're hot and know how to dance, so they ended up on the side of the music industry that happily takes some of the many perilously employed session musicians out there, and faceless goons who write music for other people, and put them to work making a product those folks were the face of.

Like I don't wanna take any sense of superiority away from you if it's load bearing but they actually have talent?? Like you could not do their jobs in their heyday. I mean yeah, you can probably do the old man JT shuffle? but get real lol

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Jussitin Smollettimberlake

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tregXo3ZyB8

was the beatbox vid posted yet?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i think it's probably a net positive for society that justin and britney didn't have a baby at 19

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

ProperCauldron posted:

In Time is actually a good movie, JT and his terrible acting are just the worst things going for it. Seriously check it out, Olivia Wilde acts circles around JT, he's so bad

I too like movies with terribly executed ideas and characters with more plot armour than a Warhammer titan.

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

This was sick, thanks for sharing :cheers:

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I don't like spend time on a website run by an obvious white supremacist who very clearly wants to use it to influence government policies and has the open support of quite a few reprehensible yet somehow genuinely influential people (including elected officials).

None of the things you posted about what he did seem worse than trying to drive traffic to that sort of place in the name of getting "the hottest celebrity gossip!"

I have bad news for you about the leadership of this website …

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So in all this, I still don't know what Britney is accusing JT of.

Can I get a summary?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

redshirt posted:

Can I get a summary?

Someone once caught him being in a car with another woman

He used hip-hop slang unironically

He tried to comfort her by lying on the floor next to her and playing guitar after she took abortion pills

He broke up with her via text

She didn't appreciate the way he talked about her after they broke up

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Oct 30, 2023

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

redshirt posted:

Can I get a summary?

JT cheated on her basically every chance he got and even bragged to his friends about it, she cheated on him once in retaliation. At one point he got her pregnant and then pressured her into having a traumatic in-home abortion even though she wanted to keep the baby, presumably because being a father would have hurt his image. He then broke up with her in a text message and immediately began painting her to the press as a cheating whore who ruined their relationship, completely failing to mention his own rampant infidelity. His early hit song Cry Me a River is a thinly veiled diss track about her and he still sings it live to this day.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

mannerup posted:

this person is gonna be devastated by this thread

it's okay i'll take refuge in my Nick Carter room until i forget about it

naem
May 29, 2011

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

Justin Timberlake, while loving Jessica Biel on an endless pile of cash: “hm yea that sucks huh”

and Camron Diaz and Britney

that’s enough reason to not like him

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

He really should've kept his dick in the box.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

My friend once worked on a yacht Justin Timberlake had hired. He was apparently a friendly guy who tipped well, although my friend's favourite bit was helping Jessica Biel onto a jetski.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
he did a good duet with Chris Stapleton like 10 years ago now

man 2014-2020 is just a hole in my brain. 2017 isnt even there

edit: it was Tennessee Whiskey at the CMAs, 2015

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

justin timberlake is good, actually

counterpoint: he's bad, AND he knows

I think that he knows :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Lurker Ant posted:

JT cheated on her basically every chance he got and even bragged to his friends about it, she cheated on him once in retaliation. At one point he got her pregnant and then pressured her into having a traumatic in-home abortion even though she wanted to keep the baby, presumably because being a father would have hurt his image. He then broke up with her in a text message and immediately began painting her to the press as a cheating whore who ruined their relationship, completely failing to mention his own rampant infidelity. His early hit song Cry Me a River is a thinly veiled diss track about her and he still sings it live to this day.

thousands of children have been killed in Gaza, dude. what are you doing caring about any of this?