Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

LordArgh posted:

thousands of children have been killed in Gaza, dude. what are you doing caring about any of this?

I have the capacity to care about more than one thing at a time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Lurker Ant posted:

At one point he got her pregnant and then pressured her into having a traumatic in-home abortion even though she wanted to keep the baby, presumably because being a father would have hurt his image.

I can think of many reasons to not want at baby at 19 with a nutter. None of them involve damaging my image as the lead of a boy band

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

deep dish peat moss posted:

He tried to comfort her by lying on the floor next to her and playing guitar after she took abortion pills

See that's just called being a good guy

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I can think of many reasons to not want at baby at 19 with a nutter. None of them involve damaging my image as the lead of a boy band

Calling her a nutter is rude and very lovely of you hth

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

Flowers for QAnon posted:

If he really didn’t want a baby then he could have used a condom or got his tubes tied, but hey it’s not his fault for getting her pregnant and making her painfully evacuate her womb onto the bathroom floor because going to a clinic would have been too scandalous for him, she’s just a crazy hysterical woman

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016
Woman: has mental breakdown after a lifetime of abuse and having her privacy constantly invaded by paparazzi

Men: lol look at this dumb bitch having a breakdown, she’s crazy!

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
Currently working on a new flash cartoon about it, check it out on newgrounds in the "celebrity" section

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's about time we all recognize that celebrity mental health problems, and their trauma and the abuse they've suffered, is far worse and more important than regular peoples'

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
How much time do you spend a week thinking about what a great business women Kim Kardashian is OP?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

It's about time we all recognize that celebrity mental health problems, and their trauma and the abuse they've suffered, is far worse and more important than regular peoples'

the more money you have the more important your traumas are. its basic math.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Lurker Ant posted:

JT cheated on her basically every chance he got and even bragged to his friends about it, she cheated on him once in retaliation. At one point he got her pregnant and then pressured her into having a traumatic in-home abortion even though she wanted to keep the baby, presumably because being a father would have hurt his image. He then broke up with her in a text message and immediately began painting her to the press as a cheating whore who ruined their relationship, completely failing to mention his own rampant infidelity. His early hit song Cry Me a River is a thinly veiled diss track about her and he still sings it live to this day.

somehow i care a lot less that an entertainment-industry-manufactured-couple was unfaithful to its stated pr purpose, except for the fact that both of them were pressured into that parasitic industry by their families, who deserve 100% of all criticism. but maybe thats just me.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

whats this? will smith and jada pinkett are actually separated and hate each other? my word its almost like people shouldn't get married for pr purposes

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016
I’m sorry for seeing parallels between Britney’s ordeal and how women are treated by society in general, it was cringe of me

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

im just railing against entertainment slavery mostly. britiney spears is definitely a victim of her crappy family and her evil record company.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Lurker Ant posted:

I’m sorry for seeing parallels between Britney’s ordeal and how women are treated by society in general, it was cringe of me

you didn't make a thread about "seeing parallels between Britney’s ordeal and how women are treated by society in general", you made a thread about not liking justin timberlake

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

e: Wrong thread but I went to a JT concert and it was pretty good.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Lurker Ant posted:

If he really didn’t want a baby then he could have used a condom or got his tubes tied, but hey it’s not his fault for getting her pregnant and making her painfully evacuate her womb onto the bathroom floor because going to a clinic would have been too scandalous for him, she’s just a crazy hysterical woman

Rich & famous people get medical procedures in private all the time, but I’m not up to speed on Britney lore. I do like the Sum 41 abortion song though. Hope that helps OP

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I saw her book at the self checkout lane, should I read it?

There's only 1 left.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

You should get it, so you can help me solve her problems from 20+ years in the future

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Ok

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

Cubone posted:

you didn't make a thread about "seeing parallels between Britney’s ordeal and how women are treated by society in general", you made a thread about not liking justin timberlake

I don't like JT because of what he did to Britney (and Janet), and he was enabled to do those things because society rewards and enables men screwing over women for their own personal gain. Does that make sense to you or should I break out the crayons?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Justin Timberlake sounds like an immature jerk who did bad things but the real villain in the story is the family that cultivated a culture of abuse and conservatorship for her that taught her that she's not allowed to stand up for herself or voice her opinions and fostered her naive idealistic innocence that led to her believing she had found true lifelong love at the age of 19 by dating a prolific boy band star. Why not post a thread about that instead

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Oh that's right it's because celebrities are more important and worthy of discussion than non-celebrities whoops I forgot.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
poo poo at least I know thier names.

Who are you again?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Naw real talk it's depressing. The whole thing is depressing.

Prob som legal BS keeping JT from going to prison forever

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

Justin Timberlake sounds like an immature jerk who did bad things but the real villain in the story is the family that cultivated a culture of abuse and conservatorship for her that taught her that she's not allowed to stand up for herself or voice her opinions and fostered her naive idealistic innocence that led to her believing she had found true lifelong love at the age of 19 by dating a prolific boy band star. Why not post a thread about that instead

Oh that's right it's because celebrities are more important and worthy of discussion than non-celebrities whoops I forgot.

How the actual gently caress is that your takeaway from this thread? Don't put that starving-children-in-africa argument into my mouth you clown. You actually made a good point in your first post there about how her upbringing played big role in leading her into trouble but I guess the idea that celebrities are real people worthy of compassion is just downright offensive to you.

If you want to have a discussion about non-famous women's issues then there are already threads for that. Don't poo poo up this one because the subject of it is a person you formed your opinions about in 2007.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

That's my takeaway because the thread is about the washed-up celebrity who did some mid-level bad stuff to her instead of the non-celebrities who ruined her life and set her up for those mid-level bad things, presumably because hating a celebrity is sexier than hating a scumbag nobody :shrug:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

anybody in the child star hustle as a parent should not be allowed to have custody of their children, and Britney's a pretty good case example for why.

naem
May 29, 2011

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
gently caress it I'm breaking out the KIDS!!

Predators. Some people will just never understand that poo poo.

Intoxicated enough to villifie that hate?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Am I precious to you now?

Do you really think I covet like you do?

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

That's my takeaway because the thread is about the washed-up celebrity who did some mid-level bad stuff to her instead of the non-celebrities who ruined her life and set her up for those mid-level bad things, presumably because hating a celebrity is sexier than hating a scumbag nobody :shrug:

Fair enough, but I think the majority of people know the Spears clan (especially her father) are scumbags and the movement to get her conservatorship ended was successful so there isn’t really any new ground to break there. Justin, on the other hand, has skated by for decades with the full extent of his bullshit largely unknown until Britney’s book dropped which is why it’s relevant now.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Leave Britney alone.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I think we can hate Justin Timberlake for being a huge loser for all kinds of things and being a lovely boyfriend is just one of them

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016
I also hate him because SexyBack is one of those songs that’s extremely catchy but in an annoying, earwormy kind of way. Like Eiffel 65 Blue or 4 Non Blondes What’s Up

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

its been said already but the only reason jt had any good songs is because timbaland produced those ones and theyre all better as instrumentals

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Lurker Ant posted:

I don't like JT because of what he did to Britney (and Janet), and he was enabled to do those things because society rewards and enables men screwing over women for their own personal gain. Does that make sense to you or should I break out the crayons?
you've no call to get snippy with me, sir, I'm only taking you at your word :colbert:

Lurker Ant posted:

So now that Britney’s memoir is out and everybody knows what a huge shithead JT is I feel vindicated in thinking he’s an untalented vocalist who only skated by on having much more talented producers to cover up his mediocre singing with slick beats. Lack of said producers on his last album really exposed his weaknesses and that’s why it tanked hard and basically killed his relevance. And now he’s been outed as a serial cheating rear end in a top hat who throws women under the bus to further his own career so lol.

All that needs to happen now is for Janet Jackson to make a comeback so she can slam the lid shut on his coffin
you said that this information coming out about him vindicated your existing feelings. nobody could be blamed for interpreting that as being your stake in this, that's the plain meaning of the words you started this thread with

if you meant something else you should have said something else.
because now it just looks like you're trying to reframe your position into something more defensible, possibly because it was embarrassing for you that it turned out nobody else was plugged into the weird celebrity gossip tabloid bullshit that you were taking as assumed knowledge when you started this thread, which you titled "justin timberlake sucks", which, I'm not saying that's the case, but I think we both can agree that would be really unconvincing and pathetic if that were the case

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
must watch

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7293642638404668718

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Remember for a minute when they tried to sell him as an actor?

Woof.

He was in this movie where he got bad anxiety and his only cure was Christina Ricci putting her boobs on him. She spends most of the movie chained up to Samuel l Jackson. Really weird movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

someone's in the way