Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
if you keep this up he's going to take sexy away again you loving idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Treecko posted:

It's OK tho, he's dead now. Died of chirossis in his horrible hoarder house after his family fled.
drat that was fast

r.i.p. justin timberlake

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Lurker Ant posted:

I’m sorry for seeing parallels between Britney’s ordeal and how women are treated by society in general, it was cringe of me

you didn't make a thread about "seeing parallels between Britney’s ordeal and how women are treated by society in general", you made a thread about not liking justin timberlake

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Lurker Ant posted:

I don't like JT because of what he did to Britney (and Janet), and he was enabled to do those things because society rewards and enables men screwing over women for their own personal gain. Does that make sense to you or should I break out the crayons?
you've no call to get snippy with me, sir, I'm only taking you at your word :colbert:

Lurker Ant posted:

So now that Britney’s memoir is out and everybody knows what a huge shithead JT is I feel vindicated in thinking he’s an untalented vocalist who only skated by on having much more talented producers to cover up his mediocre singing with slick beats. Lack of said producers on his last album really exposed his weaknesses and that’s why it tanked hard and basically killed his relevance. And now he’s been outed as a serial cheating rear end in a top hat who throws women under the bus to further his own career so lol.

All that needs to happen now is for Janet Jackson to make a comeback so she can slam the lid shut on his coffin
you said that this information coming out about him vindicated your existing feelings. nobody could be blamed for interpreting that as being your stake in this, that's the plain meaning of the words you started this thread with

if you meant something else you should have said something else.
because now it just looks like you're trying to reframe your position into something more defensible, possibly because it was embarrassing for you that it turned out nobody else was plugged into the weird celebrity gossip tabloid bullshit that you were taking as assumed knowledge when you started this thread, which you titled "justin timberlake sucks", which, I'm not saying that's the case, but I think we both can agree that would be really unconvincing and pathetic if that were the case

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Lurker Ant posted:

I started with taking a victory lap over JT getting cancelled because I didn’t like him to begin with, both because of his music and his behavior towards women (this part being implied by the bit at the end of the OP about Janet). The conversation evolved over the course of the thread and his mistreatment of Britney became the main subject, a rhetorical shift which had already occurred before you made the post I gave an admittedly very bitchy response to. The change in direction of my posting is not evidence of intellectual dishonesty as you claim, it’s just what happens when you have an asymmetrical conversation involving multiple people and a subject that warrants multiple avenues of discussion.

I accept your apology