Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
this was not spooky at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
lol tim was talking about chips then it skipped again for the 27th time now its over. great job!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

good night tim

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
it said at the end the whole thing was shot with an iPhone, that's pretty cool

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

totally gonna order my space black scratchbook pro

I really might tho :smith:

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
new 14' m3 is still $400 cad more than the same spec 15" air i just bought, buyers remorse dodged

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
cool delivers tuesday

guess i can watch football now

e: gently caress why did i attach an image get rid of it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

shitface posted:

totally gonna order my space black scratchbook pro

I really might tho :smith:

is "space black" the same as "midnight" on the m2 mbas? if so, i have one (two, counting my partner's) and they own. not actually a very scratchy surface, or else we're not scratch-prone, but i find that hard to believe because we're slobs

or did apple invent a new black

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

sit4less true blackbook pro

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
usually they're pretty consistent about matching names to finishes, space black is probably brand new even if it may not be visibly distinct from other black apple products

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

well-read undead posted:

is "space black" the same as "midnight" on the m2 mbas? if so, i have one (two, counting my partner's) and they own. not actually a very scratchy surface, or else we're not scratch-prone, but i find that hard to believe because we're slobs

or did apple invent a new black

well I manage to ding even the true-to-material silver mbps so I'm guessing I'm gonna gently caress this up good

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
true cupertinan black macbook

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

give me a glossy piano black macbook

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

nice shorthand for thieves to know which ones cost at least 2 grand

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
murdered out 16" cost 7,200 USD

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Perplx posted:

murdered out 16" cost 7,200 USD

gosh it sure does

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

paging jawnv6 to weigh in on whether a 3nm fab process is even possible or if this is just some fuckin' magic marketing bullshit

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

$6000 AUD for the sweet spot 14 core CPU/30 core GPU/36Gb RAM blackbook. I guess I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lol at people buying these for personal use

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i have never bought a laptop with my own money.

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

qirex posted:

lol at people buying these for personal use

milkie's don't just make themselves

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

i have never bought a laptop with my own money.

huh, same

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

I'm giving away the 2019 intel mbp (that I got as a donation from work) and really don't want to do dumb poo poo on my work mbp (except for the dumb poo poo I do for work)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
but I have to play all the hot new Mac games like “resident evil village” and “myst” and “a giant rock hand comes out of the ground”

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

good gamin rig? yes

weirdo home server? sure, several times

raspberry pi? of course

laptop? [biggie voice] my accountant handles that.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

[still in biggie voice] HIT EM WITH A LITTLE ROTOR 101

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

shitface posted:

$6000 AUD for the sweet spot 14 core CPU/30 core GPU/36Gb RAM blackbook. I guess I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas.

I always thought kangaroo coins were worth more than usd. But I guess not.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

i bought my own macbook pro when i was freelancing in the mid 10s, because when you're freelancing there's no one to buy one for you. and my 2009 mbp from my last job was getting a little long in the tooth

and i bought myself a macbook air recently because it's tiny and cute and zippy and i like doing the occasional non-game thing on a not-work computer. and lol if i'm gonna use windows for that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
northern and southern dollars are both worth less than central dollars basically all the time

the pound is the only currency I can think of that’s reliably above the dollar

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

akadajet posted:

I always thought kangaroo coins were worth more than usd. But I guess not.

electronics are particularly absurdly priced, way beyond the exchange rate, on this prison island. I bought a robot vac that was going for $500-ish USD regularly and it cost me $1000 AUD on sale. exchange rate says it should have cost $780

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I have a work mbp, and a personal mbp. And they both serve me two different purposes.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

shitface posted:

electronics are particularly absurdly priced, way beyond the exchange rate, on this prison island. I bought a robot vac that was going for $500-ish USD regularly and it cost me $1000 AUD on sale. exchange rate says it should have cost $780

it's because you're in the southern hemisphere so they have to custom fab the electronics to go in the opposite direction

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

well-read undead posted:

it's because you're in the southern hemisphere so they have to custom fab the electronics to go in the opposite direction

I manually reverse the toilet bowl water with my hand in defiance

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

oh my god what are you doing you're going to throw us out of orbit

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

it would be a great relief that they spell things properly, put dates in the right order and drive on the correct side of the road here if I hadn't spent 8 loving years rewiring my brain to do all of these things wrong

the Mac trash can is called "Bin" here

:smug:

shitface fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 31, 2023

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

shitface posted:

it would be a great relief that they spell things properly, put dates in the right order and drive on the correct side of the road here if I hadn't spent 8 loving years rewiring my brain to do all of these things wrong

the Mac trash can is called "Bin" here

:smug:

"I love it, because it's bin!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE7EWDKVM1Y&t=9s

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

jeeze, just spent $2000 on an imac for ms jones.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

owned

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

BTO? Even the most expensive preconfigured comes to 2799AUD/1782USD. Or did we just not get hosed on this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i missed the whole thing as i was redoing my entire home network, anything good happen?