Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What was the reported 2nd best offer and from whom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Ownership should have already made up their mind on that decision. Either you are giving them one more year, or you aren't and consequently you aren't letting them throw away assets to pay a good not great edge top of market money.

The Lions were 2-6 at this point last year after winning only 3 games in Campbells first year. I doubt ownership had made a decision about what they were going to do at that point because that would have be been a stupid thing to do halfway through year 2.

I don’t think Poles or Eberflus are very good but the Bears hired them so they need to either let them do what they think they need to or they need to fire them and move on. There’s no point in keeping them around and not letting them do their jobs.

Also everyone involved would probably rather win now and not two or three years from now.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 4, 2023

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

The Puppy Bowl posted:

What was the reported 2nd best offer and from whom?

The Commanders beat writer for the Athletic said a day before the deadline that there was an offer of a conditional 2nd rounder that depended on Sweat signing an extension. Lot of speculation on deadline day that either Atlanta was the team that made that offer, or Atlanta eventually offered a straight-up second rounder for him

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm sure they would, but that's not on the table with the talent the Bears have. Montez Sweat is going to change that.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
And that the bears won out because Washington (correctly) assumed their second would be higher

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm sure they would, but that's not on the table with the talent the Bears have. Montez Sweat is going to change that.

If the Bears problem is lack of talent it seems weird to fault them for spending some of their copious cap space to add talent to the team.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Edit - not the college gameday thread, big jeff

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Sweat is good but the trade was an over pay and the bears are bad.

I am not happy that Mr Harrison, the greatest wr prospect in a while, will be cursed to the solider field

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Did anyone post this? I didn't see it

https://twitter.com/PickensBurgh/status/1720514991197991102

this is why so many teams passed on this guy

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Watson vs Clayton Tune tomorrow. Looking forward to the Cards shithousing the Browns by 28.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

kiimo posted:

Also not super bright. The trade deadline is over. Who is going to free him?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Also not super bright. The trade deadline is over. Who is going to free him?

A crack team of CFL commandos, clearly

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Black Lighter posted:

A crack team of CFL commandos, clearly

The adventures of a group of a mounties who have to free an American football player and get him back over the border in time for the big, grey game sounds like an 80s comedy

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dude what is it about Pittsburgh that makes WRs loving hate playing there so much?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

george be ok for the rest of the season if they just force the ball to him like 15 times in an upcoming game. a good option for that would be their next game

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The qb

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

kiimo posted:

Extraordinarily talented and equal amounts frustration. He's never going to play to his level because of some kind of trouble he'll create for himself, even when he has a point.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I can understand being pretty annoyed about a matt canada offense, lovely QB play and getting 1 catch for negative yards in a primetime game.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

He woulda had a touchdown if he was talented enough to drag his foot. Had tons of room.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

You don’t air that poo poo after a win. He’s going to get traded like Elijah Moore.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
You know Pickens' agent is having a loving meltdown right now

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I hope he gets traded to a WR needy team in the offseason for chump change.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Bears will give a second

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Bears will give a second

I know this is a joke about their last disastrous trade for a steelers WR but they don't have one.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

You don’t air that poo poo after a win. He’s going to get traded like Elijah Moore.

Yeah that is loser poo poo. He stepped out of bounds on a play that should've been a TD too. He's a clown.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

Baseball crossposting but I'm reminded of when Manny Ramirez backhanded Kevin Youkilis after Youkilis had a meltdown over a strikeout when they were up by like 5 runs. it ruled

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Nov 5, 2023

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Ravens must win against Cincinnati and Cleveland and one of the games against Seattle and the Chargers. We have to be 9-3 going into the bye at least or we will not win the division.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Panthers need to win the rest of their games or they risk missing the playoffs.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Goodell did ask the German fans present at one of these fan forums if they want an 8pm local start which I think would be 2pm Eastern and everyone present said yes

Hmm, as a european fan I don't relate to this sentiment at all. One of the great things about going to the games when it's possible to get a ticket is heading to sports bar and watching the regular kickoff games and getting to talk poo poo with NFL fans from all over the continent. You never really get a chance to do that here unless you plan a meetup in fan groups and things like that. And even if you don't go to the game, just having the kickoff at 3 PM Central European Time means that it's the only times in the year when you can get a full day of football, and not just watching the early kickoff games and 1-2 quarters of the afternoon games. I get that it sucks for the US, but it's really nice for us Europe-freaks

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

BlindSite posted:

This doesn't happen with the Steelers, if he gets traded, it will be a higher pick than where he was taken as it's been with Plex, Santonio, AB, Martavis and Claypool before them

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

There is gonna be so much trash quarterback play today :hellyeah:

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Wired how hawks ravens is 2nd most watchable with the ravens being almost a td favorite

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
There are so many strength on strength match ups. Sea WRs vs. Bal secondary. Ravens run game vs. Bobby and the D-line. Lamar vs. the haters, Geno vs. turnovers.

It's going to be a great game, but maybe the 4th best of the week. Can't remember a better Sunday lineup.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

EmbryoSteve posted:

Wired how hawks ravens is 2nd most watchable with the ravens being almost a td favorite

Take away the three for being at home and it’s a one score game? Plus both teams play pretty interesting styles and the fact it has bye status implications for both teams…

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Do we get Manningcast this week? Because them having to watch Zach Wilson will considerably improve the experience of watching Zach Wilson.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Zero_Grade posted:

There is gonna be so much trash quarterback play today :hellyeah:

Agreed, I’m watching the Dolphins-Chiefs game right now! :v:

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Do we get Manningcast this week? Because them having to watch Zach Wilson will considerably improve the experience of watching Zach Wilson.

I think so

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Doltos posted:

I want more scuttlebutt about McDaniels and not Nate Jackson slapping his name on to an AI generated story drat it

:what:

quote:

McDaniels's ego wasn't only fragile on the field. He famously shipped out running back Peyton Hillis because, rumor had it, McDaniels thought his wife was attracted to Hillis. For those of us accustomed to being handled with class—Shanahan, agree with him or not, could be counted upon for this—Josh's approach to leadership left much to be desired. Case in point: I found out my Broncos career was over from a message left on my parents' answering machine. “Honey, there’s something I think you need to listen to.” When I tried to contact Josh for an explanation, his secretary told me he was in a meeting and that he’d call me back. He never did.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://x.com/TambaHali91/status/1721196048314479017?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

The Puppy Bowl posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1720846106530078997?t=A7FHOOAeiqP5a8YZBTCw6Q&s=19

Trading the 33rd overall pick for the opportunity to overpay by 6 million a year. The Chicago Bears.