Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Ask what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl

Marluxia posted:

Whatever is the option that lets P put it in. Which is probably what is it?

While I obviously don't know for certain, given the way these things are usually structured I would assume that taking any of the white options (which would be there anyway) will move us forward in the event as they would if we did not have this blue option. So yes, I assume that asking what it is means that P goes ahead.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

What's the worst that can happen if we snatch the weird fear crystal? Death?? That just means we get to start this over again and let P finish her pet zombie! Therefore this can't possibly be a bad idea.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
(It's close so if we still get the chance after asking I'll go for it, but I suspect not.)

P: Legends say the first of the Families discovered this in the caves beneath this Castle. It is rumoured to be a part of the Patron himself. And now we're going to use this beautiful thing to do something wonderful.

With utmost care and precision, she holds it over the gaping hole in the effigy's carcass. Almost as if it was always meant for it, the Black Heart sinks perfectly into the hole.

But it remains motionless.

(We gained some reality-altering info from that, though!)

> Why is nothing happening?

(Well, I said I would grab it if I got another chance, so stupid as this sounds, I guess I have to…)

> Dislodge the Black Heart

You walk over to the effigy, certain of your plan. But as soon as you try to touch the Black Heart, you get a deep, sickening feeling in the deepest fibres of your being. Even looking at the thing makes you queasy and hyper with anxiety.

> Okay maybe not

(No other choice there. Still don't know if the earlier attempt would have been possible though. Anyway, that brings us back to…)

> I suppose we will?

P: Great! I'll make sure this thing stays safe.

P: Also, don't upset any Elders. That didn't go well last time.

> So I’d be an Artist?

P: Yes, you get to be a part of our talentless and dysfunctional Family.

(Do we want to Join the Artists? Floris and Isabel suck. P, Ronaldo, and Nanyamka seem all right.)

(edit to add - since that’s almost the end of the event I’m cheating a little to get the next set of map choices)

(Seriously, AGAIN?)

(So, when we finish with P, do we want to find out what the Elders are mad about, check in on Ronaldo who I’m seriously starting to worry is dead, or go visit Lisbeth?)

gegi fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 5, 2023

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I want to join the Artists, and honestly at this point we're going to redo the day anyway since we redo every day, and I'm kind of contemplating if it'd be best to see what the Elders are upset about now and check on Rolando 'next morning' instead of doing the Servant event.

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008
20% Off Coupon for 15 dollars per month - sign me up!
I am strangely invested to see how this plays out.

I think you try to go for the win and follow your grandmother's footsteps. That will probably be difficult though.

I have a feeling that whoever wins will not be good for the other houses. For example, joining the servants results in mass slaughter of the jerks. The artists do more creative endings (like forcing people to make choices about who dies next).

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Internet Savant posted:

I am strangely invested to see how this plays out.

I think you try to go for the win and follow your grandmother's footsteps. That will probably be difficult though.

I have a feeling that whoever wins will not be good for the other houses. For example, joining the servants results in mass slaughter of the jerks. The artists do more creative endings (like forcing people to make choices about who dies next).
I'm sure it'll be bad in different ways, since you're not supposed to do a slaughter outside the Convergence. Unless you mean still during the Convergence?

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008

PetraCore posted:

I'm sure it'll be bad in different ways, since you're not supposed to do a slaughter outside the Convergence. Unless you mean still during the Convergence?

Yes, meant during the convergence. There is definitely a callousness towards life by house eldars.. But maybe everyone is killed and then resurrected for the next convergence.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
My first impression of this from the intro bits was "hunger games plus a cult" but it seems to be going in some more interesting and weird directions than the surface premise. On that note, I wish we had more clear information on what the typical body count for the Convergence is. Several anecdotes have mentioned "last man standing" scenarios, but at the same time most of the characters seem to act like it's also a common outcome for there to be a bunch of surviving non-winners.

I vote we check in with Lisbeth and never encounter or speak to Ronaldo if it's possible to avoid doing so, mainly because I think it'd be funny for him to "mysteriously vanish" in a way that's never explained and also never relevant to the plot.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
It seems like unlike the Hunger Games once you get to a point where everyone surviving is in agreement about who the winner is, the mess can stop. So I would assume it's common for a small group, even half, of the contestants to make it through, if they team up, it's just that it's also common for everyone to go nuts and betray to the end.

On both a psychological and a game design level (since while I don't KNOW how the game design works, obviously not every choice can have a vast effect on the outcome) it feels like since we've blunted the first couple of possible deaths, now everyone feels a little self-conscious about being the one to actually start the bloodbath. Which suggests none of the contestants are really total psychopaths at all, just willing to respond to force with force rather than eager to murder.

Well, except Patric. We still have no idea what happened to him.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Speaking of stuff we know nothing about: for being at the center of all of this, we've been told gently caress all about The Patron.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl

FoolyCharged posted:

Speaking of stuff we know nothing about : for being at the center of all of this, we've been told gently caress all about The Patron.

If we assume that it's Druhtin who's talking to us and giving us the chance to replay time, the Patron seems affable enough!

(Any thoughts on the current join/don't-join and where-to-go-next situation, since there's not a consensus atm?)

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I think it'd be pretty funny if Ronaldo disappeared from the plot and we never find out what happened to him, yeah. Let's go check out the Elders being mad at us for not murdering everyone.

Also, don't join the artist, the artist candidates seem cool, but the elders are complete loving assholes, no thanks.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

FoolyCharged posted:

Speaking of stuff we know nothing about : for being at the center of all of this, we've been told gently caress all about The Patron.

Or, going further, we don't really have clarity on what the exact benefits of being "favourite" in this ritual are. It seems like it puts you on a 10 year clock and then you die / are killed, since everyone is talking about the Convergence happening at a consistent 10 year cadence.

Presumably it gives you a lot of power over the family, and probably also some spooky eldritch magic, but it seems like there's a lot of both secular and magical power just up for grabs anyway for the "regular" members of the cult? So what's the actual draw to make it worth the cost?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Hell, given that the winner assumes a new identity, it could be they get possessed, and a monster walks around in their corpse for 10 years.

Although given what P is up to, we might see that anyways.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

The funniest and best thing about this game is it's presented no actual reason why you should want to be the favorite, which I think is really fitting because you're an outsider stepping in and going 'what the gently caress is up with this' and everyone else has been indoctrinated to, if not successfully want to become the favorite (see Cora and Corvus), at least see it as an important and powerful thing.

Anyway I definitely don't want us to become the formal favorite but I feel like our special powers probably prove we're the patron's special little guy anyway, regardless of what we want. Same with P's timeline vision and the fact that she really doesn't want it.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
flawless victory: nobody dies, P's zombie becomes Adam the Eternal, and from now on we have normal boring family reunions?

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008

gegi posted:

flawless victory: nobody dies, P's zombie becomes Adam the Eternal, and from now on we have normal boring family reunions?

That would be incredible and the narrator entity might appreciate a surprise outcome.

Internet Savant fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 7, 2023

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Or maybe a Rocky Horror ending: monster is strapping and everyone does the Time Warp?

Okay that would require writing out Dr. Frankenfurter and you just can't lose Tim Currie.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
(Because we've generally resisted being a joiner, from now on I'm sticking with us as independents.)

P: As for now, let's try not to get hurt or killed.

She pauses for a brief moment as if she was listening for something.

P: Nope, we're good. I'll see you at the Coronation!

(And from there we proceed to…)

Inside, you can already see the remaining Candidates gathered, their gazes transfixed on the heads of the Families in front of them. Kadmos stands in the center, flanked by Floris on one side and Diana on the other.

> Look at Rayan

Rayan is too busy looking at his watch to even notice you. Sighing and rolling his eyes, he mutters something about "getting on with it".

The look of disgust on Kadmos' face is clear as day. The rest have masked their feelings with neutral expressions.

Diana: You're boring us. And by extension, the Patron.

> Where's Lisbeth?

(Stick it up your rear end, Floris)

Floris: How about you focus on the task at hand?

> What does the Patron want?

Kadmos: And by extension, commitment to the Patron and what it desires.

The words boom across the hall and, it seems, have the necessary effect on the occupants. Murmurs are heard between groups of the Families. You notice Theodora next to you chuckle.

(Oh great…)

> You're not serious

Theodora: Would you like to test that theory? By all means, step up to the crease.

(Music has now shifted to a DANGER track…)

Cees: I just need to hit record on this thing…

(Stop trying to livestream the MURDER RITUAL!)

Theodora's predatory smile is wiped from her face by a knife that goes flying by it. The knife narrowly avoids her before embedding itself into a nearby wall.

She turns to address the owner of the knife with a scowl on her face.

(Yeah, I figured that would be you.)

Woden: You're fair game, aren't you? Or are you trying to prove something?

Floris: I take back what I said about this gathering being a waste of time.

You watch as Kadmos looks around with a disgusted look on his face. Finally growing tired of the escalation, he calls out to the crowd.

Kadmos: You were all summoned here as a courtesy by us to do better. So, do better.

It turns out that those words are Kadmos' last.

(Ooo, is someone gonna ice him?)

You try to block your ears, but it's no use, the sound is deafening. It's the last thing you hear, along with the panicked screams of everyone around you.

(… did the Servants set a trap earlier when they were messing around with the Great Hall?)

The moment itself seems painfully slow, as if time has stopped. Through tightly scrunched eyes, you look up at the source of it all.

(… Well, I guess that's what we get for ignoring him all day!)

His face is the last that you see, followed by red hot flame which engulfs you, searing your flesh and bone. You scream, aloud, for help. But you can't hear your own voice.

You hear nothing more, you see nothing more, you feel only pain until you're consumed by the explosion that has rocked the Castle to its core.

The light recedes and darkness takes its place… You are dead.

> What just happened?

The explosion you were caught in has destroyed the Great Hall and everyone inside it. There’s no one left, except for a handful of Servants.

(Well, I’m fairly sure you guys don’t want to call it quits there, even if it IS a sort of funny ending. EVERYONE GO BOOM.

So, current plan: Loop back. Pick Woden for Floris’ little whatever, that seems to have gone all right. Go to Ronaldo first rather than the servants in the Great Hall and hope that this allows us to avert disaster. Should we attempt to steal the Dark Crystal properly this time, keep things with P the same, or investigate the happenings in the library? If the first Ronaldo event is inconclusive we might have to follow up on that instead.)

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

gegi posted:

So, current plan: Loop back. Pick Woden for Floris’ little whatever, that seems to have gone all right. Go to Ronaldo first rather than the servants in the Great Hall and hope that this allows us to avert disaster. Should we attempt to steal the Dark Crystal properly this time, keep things with P the same, or investigate the happenings in the library? If the first Ronaldo event is inconclusive we might have to follow up on that instead.)
God, what a funny ending, even if we're not keeping it. Good for Ronaldo, honestly. Keep things with P the same, as long as we have time to see her at all.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
(I'm also curious if we could win by default by going to visit Lisbeth and therefore being out of the building when it blows up, but that doesn't seem quite in-character for this run.)

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

PetraCore posted:

God, what a funny ending, even if we're not keeping it. Good for Ronaldo, honestly. Keep things with P the same, as long as we have time to see her at all.

Agreed. And from the description, Ronaldo died himself in the explosion? So he’s probably just looking to end the whole thing rather than win, which would make for an interesting ally if we go the independent route

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008

PetraCore posted:

Agreed. Let's talk to Ronaldo and see what shakes out.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

If there's a way to make the elders and others go BOOM without dying too I want to do that.

Otherwise I guess we'll talk to Ronaldo and keep things the same with P.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Why are the elders so invested in the ritual being "interesting" or having a body-count? It made sense for the artist guy because he's explicitly coded as a hedonist Caligula type, less so for the others, unless the Patron deity themself is supposed to be a fickle voyeurist who enjoys chaos.

Go find out what Ronaldo is up to I guess. The more push-back we get on our pacifist run, the more I want to make it happen.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
We have a direct line to someone we think is the Patron, who doesn't seem to be nearly that crazy or bloodthirsty. But if nobody else actually gets that kind of insight, maybe they're just so caught up in 'Ooooo, we're an evil cult family, ooooo' that they THINK murder is necessary to please their deity?

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008

gegi posted:

We have a direct line to someone we think is the Patron, who doesn't seem to be nearly that crazy or bloodthirsty. But if nobody else actually gets that kind of insight, maybe they're just so caught up in 'Ooooo, we're an evil cult family, ooooo' that they THINK murder is necessary to please their deity?

I was thinking the narrator and the patron may not actually be the same entity. The narrator comes across as very patient, let's try that again, essentially parental.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
(Okay, so, we set Floris after Woden, we smile vaguely at Chris, and then we head off to see…)

It is entirely empty save for yourself. Odd because you're certain that Ronaldo was supposed to be here.

(Of course it's not that easy….)

> Examine room

Across the Workshop you find an assortment of devices and art-in-progress. Most of the machinery looks dangerously unprotected.

In one corner you find a series of discarded mannequins. All damaged to the point of being nearly unrecognisable.

In the back you find a section closed off from the rest of the room. The firm black canvas is fastened closely around the frame. But unlike last time, the entrance is open…

(Last time?)

> Peek inside

You slowly shove the fabric away from the opening. Whatever you expected, you didn't count on this.

(l'explosive du plastique, eh?)

You also find a table with a pile of old cell phones, coils of electric wires, and a box of small metal pins of some sort.

(Unfortunately we didn't get any reality-warping notification even though we loving DIED, so we may not be able to confront him with the obvious)

> This doesn't look great…

Ronaldo: That's because I've just finished moving everything to the right place.

Ronaldo: I guess you want an explanation, don't you?

> Somehow I doubt this is clay…

Ronaldo: It's semtex. A plastic, mouldable explosive. Very easy to procure if you make the right friends. And very easy to hide in the nooks and crannies of an old building like this one.

> And why is this a good idea?

(Yeah, but also some not-so-vile ones.)

Ronaldo: And without them, the Patron can't spread its own evil.

> We have other options…

> Others feel the same way too!

Ronaldo: Okay, I'm listening…

> P has a plan.

Ronaldo: Don't you know how mental she is?

> Her plan is already set in motion

Ronaldo: How is that supposed to make me feel better?!

(Annoying, because we DO, but…)

> … I have faith?

(Okay bad choice I guess)

Ronaldo: Just leave and let me do my thing.

> I'm going to stop you

Ronaldo: Even if you take me out, you can't stop this.

> Okay, let's talk

(I keep getting looped back to the same set of choices, none of which seem to be doing me much good.)

> We have other options…

Ronaldo: I hope you have a better idea

> I have a plan…

Ronaldo: Which is…?

> Let the servants win

> He's actually curious

Ronaldo: You spoke to the Patron? Really? Paye always claimed the same thing, but I never believed her. I don't see why I should believe you now.

> It's better to try than kill them

> You don't want them to have power, do you?

> You act exactly like your Family

Ronaldo: …

Ronaldo: That's what authoritarianism like this does, right? It entices you by telling you that while you're pathetic, at least you're better than those… Servants.

Ronaldo: And I stepped right into it. Like a complete chump I believed it. I… I think I'll let them have a try at it.

> Hopefully it will be different

Ronaldo: Wouldn't want Roos to stumble into this and trigger it.

(Great, we talked him down. One problem: We have no actual plan to make the Servants win.)

Ronaldo: … Good luck surviving the rest of the Convergence.

He walks past you and starts putting objects back into the crates.

As you walk to your new destination, you can't help but pay anxious attention to the dark corners and arches of the castle.

(So, uh… Hopefully that worked? Now to repeat our steps with P.

It's possible that we would have been able to avert things using P's plan if we'd gone to P first and gone to Ronaldo during the time slot when the great hall encounter happens, since that way we'd know exactly what she was planning, but eh, that's not how it worked out.

Anyway, things with P stay the same. Now, back to the Great Hall… where events stay the same until…)

> Observe Theodora

Theodora walks towards the entrance of the Great Hall. Before leaving, however, she glares at Woden and smiles at you. The action is enough to send a shiver down your spine.

The heads have all exited, leaving you alone in the hall. There isn’t much to do here now; you follow the rest out into the corridor.

With each passing day, the Contestants grow more desperate… Grasping at any chance to become the Favourite.

The castle grounds are stained with blood, but it craves more…

(Ahhh, hell. Our perfect run! *shakes fist* It was my intent to count this loop-back as our one day’s do-over and push on, but we’ve been making such a good showing of keeping everyone alive…)

Yes, your actions have created ripples of their own in this vast sea of outcomes. The question however remains… Are you satisfied with the outcome? Or are you reconsidering your actions?

(Go back again and try to save Artemis? She’s not even our least favorite person.)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Since you've been attempting to minimize the amount of death here, Save

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Agreed on saving Artemis.

Sally Forth
Oct 16, 2012
The lack of bloodshed is actively pissing off Kadmos et al. Save!

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I was gonna comment that you may not be able to save everyone, and Artemis is a snooty old blood. But also, she seem to have that relationship with one of the servant candidates that might mellow her out just a bit? Eh, I'm okay with saving her.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yeah, I'm fine saving Artemis.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Yeah, let's avoid death and save Artemis.

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008
Save Artemis. Except I have a feeling someone else will be killed. Or Ronaldo has a change of heart

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
(All right, going around again. Trying to keep things the same (though I'm streamlining a bit through dead-end offshoots))

(Well at least this time the loop remembers that I know this!)

(However, I don't want to talk about time-looping to anyone but P. So, going on to the Library. Let's hope this works…)

(Danger soundtrack starts playing)

There's nothing suspicious to note outside, that you know of. However, as you near the Library, you begin to hear voices. They're muffled at first, but as you edge closer you can hear the sounds of people arguing.

(We were warned that they were dangerous… Though Theodora said 'first blood' and never mentioned killing Artemis before.)

> What's going on?

Artemis: I thought you were going to continue your little charade, now that you have an audience.

> Huh?

Artemis: Poor Theodora here is running out of options. She thinks killing me will solve her problems.

> That can't happen

Theodora: Rayan, please take care of our unwanted guest.

Rayan is much taller than you, especially when he's standing right in front of you.

His punch connects painfully to your face, sending you stumbling back as you reflexively clutch at it.

(Ow. I thought he'd just strongarm me out of the room.)

It takes a moment for you to regain your vision, and as you do, you see Rayan's designer shoes come into view.

Rayan: Done talking?

> Not really

(I may be a failure but I'm not a quitter.)

Rayan lets out an overdramatic sigh before he punches you again, and again, and again. A part of your face has gone numb now as your vision starts to blur, again.

(Artemis, have you at least used the distraction to get out of here?)

Theodora: Rayan, are you done over there?

Rayan throws another punch your way for good measure, knocking you off your feet. He turns around, and the two advance on an unarmed Artemis with the intention of beating her to a pulp.

(Stupid girl)

To her credit, Artemis is standing tall and proud; ready for what's to come.

> Save Artemis

It's a stuffed head.

(Not the best blunt weapon to bludgeon someone with.)

There's no time to balk as you quickly throw it at Theodora's head. It's a direct hit.

Before either of them can react, Artemis pushes Rayan with all her might. The force sends him barrelling into Theodora as Artemis makes her escape.

She doesn't stop to thank you or even acknowledge you as the two of you flee the Library.

(Honestly, kind of busy for thanks. Also the way I read Artemis, she *can't* bring herself to say an outright thank you in a situation like this, but might thank us through actions later.)

Neither of you dare to look back as you flee to safer ground.

(Anyway, that event ends there, so we continue to the gathering. Nothing changes there. We return to our room)

With each passing day, the Contestants grow more desperate… Grasping at any chance to become the Favourite.

Yes, your actions have created ripples of their own in this vast sea of outcomes. The question however remains… Are you satisfied with the outcome? Or are you reconsidering your actions?

(FINALLY we can move on)

> I'm ready for tomorrow

You're truly prepared to secure your future then? Very well. Rest your weary head, for tomorrow, new challenges await.

The whole night you've been plagued with what-ifs.

What if you had just walked away? The Castle would likely be no more, the Families in disarray.

What if you had killed Ronaldo instead? It would have sent a signal, maybe even catapulted you to become the new Favourite.

Something in your mind doesn't allow you to feel good about your decisions. Something is forcing this guilt upon you. As if it doesn't want you to succeed…

What if standing by and watching the events of the day play out wasn't enough?

(I didn't stand by! That took effort!)

By standing aside and attempting to save people… Did you doom them instead?

(Nobody wins in Call of Cthulhu.)

Something in the back of your mind whispers that you know yourself to be an imposter.

But you lived. And you might just win. That's all that matters. Isn't that right?

drat the rest and drat their plans. In some cases, drat their lives too?

What if staying loyal, true, and rigid to your values is what damned them in the first place? Did they truly deserve it? Could it be that maybe, just maybe, you're becoming more and more like the inhabitants of the Castle?

For the fourth time you get up from your bed and prepare yourself for the day to come.

A friendly knock wakes you from your thoughts, and Lisbeth appears. For a brief moment, there's not much more than an uneasy silence between the two of you.

(Will there be voting?)

Lisbeth: Not everything is set in stone already, you see. Your answers might change our minds on the events we've witnessed. Any questions?

> Any advice?

Lisbeth: My advice to you would be… honesty. Be honest and avoid playing games. These aren't the Contestants you're dealing with. The Heads don't easily forget, mind you.

> What should I expect?

Lisbeth: The Convergence has always been about the unexpected, hasn't it? Expect the unexpected, for each Head will have a different way of assessing your actions. Do not enter with the notion that you know what will happen. That would be your biggest mistake.

> Why only three?

Lisbeth: Consider this as your final trial, and a culmination of your actions since you walked through that gate. The Three you pick will demonstrate your way of thinking to us: Your deductions and reasonings, plain as day.

Lisbeth: Or will you visit a Head whose favour you've acquired, to cement your relationship with them?

> I’m ready

Lisbeth: Very well. THen I wish you luck, and perhaps I’ll see you sooner, rather than later?

With Lisbeth gone, you’re left to your own devices, yet again.

As you prepare to exit the room for the last time during the Convergence, the Heads of the Four Families occupy your thoughts.

(Okay, let’s talk about this. Rather than vote at each juncture for which head to go to next, which head do we NOT want to speak to at all? We kind of trust Lisbeth to be on our side but does that mean we can ignore her? Floris will not be impressed with our pacifism but he might be amused by our madness. Diana - who the heck knows? Kadmos does not like us, but we did save Artemis…

What sort of general approach should we go for with the Heads that we do talk to? Argue that no one has to die? Argue that we are serving the Patron’s mysterious will? Tell them about the time travel? Tell them that we’re doing all this just to spite them? Should we be trying to push for the pro-Servant agenda? Tell them that we have big plans to change the system?)

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Skip talking to Diana, I don't have much thoughts about the method we take... argue we're serving the will of the Patron and this doesn't have to be a bloodbath, maybe?

Internet Savant
Feb 14, 2008
So... If you get two of families on board with you, and you vote for yourself as the fifth, does that mean you win?

If so, seems like ignoring the old blood lady is safe since you have saved people in the servants, Kadmos' crew, and the creators find you at least interesting.

Also - go with the - we don't always have to die during a convergence theme because we each have our contributions to this group. The narrator seems to be enjoying your saving people streak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Ignore Diana, and argue that we have brought the least predictable outcome about by stopping all the murder plots from happening.