Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
I use a cheap bar of soap and my hands, no loofah or anything. No shampoo, just a good scrub with hot water. For my face and feet I use my hands all lathered up, for everything else I directly rub the bar on my body, then give an extra rub to on the pits and on the peepee and doodoo area.

Is no shampoo still a thing? I literally haven't washed my hair with anything but water in years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

pencilhands posted:

is your hair always greasy? if i go a single day without using shampoo mine is like a solid brick

For me, what happened was literally the thing that all the no-shampoo advocates claim will happen: it was greasy for a few days, then it just became normal permanently. They say it's because you're "washing off your hair's natural oils so it's overproducing them". It worked for me, I'm sure it's different for everyone.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

frumpykvetchbot posted:

my entire house is basic 1990s styling and IDGAF, it's mostly just an engineering workshop and parts warehouse where I also happen to sleep.
But I spent an unreasonable amount of money on a comprehensive shower upgrade. I can select from about a million different computer controlled sprayer nozzles and mister combinations and all of it at ideal temperature. It can produce a reasonable simulation of getting stuck in a tropical monsoon rain or I can get blasted from the sides, there's a compressor in there too. loving fantastic. Like a car wash for people.

The whole contraption is only practical because water mineral content is very low here so there's no residue clogging up the nozzles and I don't need to wipe the shower walls and fixtures down after use to prevent limescale. I'm planning a move to Ireland and water mineral content is high there so I hate the thought that I won't be able to make such a nice setup there.

Oh yeah that reminds me, as a no shampoo person I really noticed when I moved literally to the other side of the same apartment complex and all of the sudden the water was really hard and made my hair spiky? It kind of just resolved itself IIRC but I did complain to the landlord so they might have just fixed the water softener/filtration whatever thing