Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kill me now posted:

Corrected for accuracy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oK4Q5G1asI

must be fuckin nice

I misremembered, but glad I was close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

A.o.D. posted:

Ooh, good advice. Do you recommend vinegar or citrus based?

For goose, soy sauce base is the way to go. For Mr. Nice, a whisky marinade will help make him more amenable.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Obviously.

lol where do i get one

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

There was a distillery in Scotland that used guard geese instead of guard dogs. When given the choice between trying to get past those guard geese and sobriety, even Scotsmen said “eh, I’m good for a bit”.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Mustang posted:

We have tons of Canada geese here in Washington, and I don't think I've ever seen one get aggressive. Only thing I don't like about them is they leave huge green turds everywhere they go.

drat. Every one I ever saw in the Bay Area was a miserable cuss and I hated walking to the office when they were in town.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
peacocks are the superior rear end in a top hat guard bird

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I misremembered, but glad I was close.

I really just wanted to post the clip, its so good.

Side note, they just announced Letterkenny's next season will be their last season. :rip:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I have seen Canada geese have a standoff with a double decker bus and win. Jammed up the roundabout for minutes, little bastards.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

kill me now posted:

Side note, they just announced Letterkenny's next season will be their last season. :rip:

Its been a great run.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Nystral posted:

drat. Every one I ever saw in the Bay Area was a miserable cuss and I hated walking to the office when they were in town.

Are they there year round? They are here in WA. Maybe it's the migratory ones that are assholes.

I go run through Green Lake Park several days a week here in Seattle and I walk through huge mobs of them all the time and never once had any issues.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

At least on the East Coast it's typically when they're nesting that they get extra territorial.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
yeah it's typically proximity to nest sites that makes them get hyper aggressive

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
:honk:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
SBF hella guilty of all charges.

Edit: lol jury only needed 5 hours

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 3, 2023

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Mustang posted:

Are they there year round? They are here in WA. Maybe it's the migratory ones that are assholes.

I go run through Green Lake Park several days a week here in Seattle and I walk through huge mobs of them all the time and never once had any issues.

Alameda has a large resident population and they don't migrate any further than one end of the island to the other.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

peacocks are the superior rear end in a top hat guard bird

Yeah they scream though gently caress having that around

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

kill me now posted:

I love Letterkenny but it's run out of gas.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Haven’t watched it yet but the Shoresy spinoff is supposedly very good? If you like Letterkenny that is

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

facialimpediment posted:

SBF hella guilty of all charges.

Edit: lol jury only needed 5 hours

https://twitter.com/JakeSucky/status/1720228359249199114?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

These streets be cold bruh

Now rub this poo poo in the face of every Stanford or MIT or whoever else academic that lionized him. They had a hand in this and shouldn't be allowed to forget it.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

That Works posted:

Haven’t watched it yet but the Shoresy spinoff is supposedly very good? If you like Letterkenny that is

It's less joke-a-minute, but far from a slow burn.

It does a decent job of turning Shoresy the character into more than a single joke.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

lightpole posted:

https://twitter.com/JakeSucky/status/1720228359249199114?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Now rub this poo poo in the face of every Stanford or MIT or whoever else academic that lionized him. They had a hand in this and shouldn't be allowed to forget it.

lol at bronze ranked league of legends player. I hope he gets all 115 years. He won’t but one can dream.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

GD_American posted:

It's less joke-a-minute, but far from a slow burn.

It does a decent job of turning Shoresy the character into more than a single joke.

Seconded. I'm trying to think of a character that I didn't like. And you can burn through both Seasons in the span of a movie.

And the Jims are just beauties.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
as a canadian, i can tell you how to handle an angry goose. they spread their wings and make a hissing sound before they attack usually and if you spread your arms, make the same hissing sound, and walk towards them, they'll run like the little bitches they are

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lightpole posted:

A plat player would have the game sense to avoided the gank

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

lightpole posted:

No more adderall and shrimp cocktails for the world's smartiest smol boi. :sad:

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Seconded. I'm trying to think of a character that I didn't like. And you can burn through both Seasons in the span of a movie.

And the Jims are just beauties.

Yep

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Ok am I the only one who does not have an instinctive fear of Canadian geese? There was a "community lot" near a family members house when I was a kid that had a little strip of access to a lake and the geese always made a mess of it. So as a kid I would just harass the hell out of the geese and chase them off. I was also a little ADHD gremlin so if they got all hissy I would just run at them with a stick.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

M_Gargantua posted:

Ok am I the only one who does not have an instinctive fear of Canadian geese? There was a "community lot" near a family members house when I was a kid that had a little strip of access to a lake and the geese always made a mess of it. So as a kid I would just harass the hell out of the geese and chase them off. I was also a little ADHD gremlin so if they got all hissy I would just run at them with a stick.

Nope, I will gently caress up a flock if need be.

gently caress Canada and their goddamn geese.

Canadians can be cool sometimes I guess though.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

TheWeedNumber posted:

lol at bronze ranked league of legends player. I hope he gets all 115 years. He won’t but one can dream.

The sadder thing about LoL is that he was playing it constantly every day while overprescribed ADHD meds. And he only ranked up to bronze. For those that guy don’t know, bronze is the bottom 28%.

For context, AOC said she ranked bronze something when she picked LoL back up after being elected and later posted about making it to I think gold 4. I believe that is actually the median rank or close to it.

(She also said another democratic congressman was high platinum in the same season which is in the 80th percentile range. That’s absolutely a rank where you have to have put a lot of focused effort into deeply learning the game and grinding.)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

That Works posted:

Yeah it's got more heart to it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

(She also said another democratic congressman was high platinum in the same season which is in the 80th percentile range. That’s absolutely a rank where you have to have put a lot of focused effort into deeply learning the game and grinding.)
Just get an intern to grind your account for you.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

GD_American posted:

I love Letterkenny but it's run out of gas.

I loved it for a while, but when they got to endlessly spending seven or eight minutes cumulatively per episode on the puns S7-ish, I could tell it was really starting to sputter.

I don't need endless reminders of how rapid fire they can make a word rhyme much longer than it should.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

M_Gargantua posted:

I think it's more a funny meme than people actually being terrified, in the vein of Chuck Norris jokes.

There's so many in the PNW they used to round them up and gas them on the regular because they were polluting waterways.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

How does one round up a bunch of geese?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I can't imagine what the PNW must have been like 100 years ago. Was reading about how orcas used to be considered pests and shooting them was encouraged, with about 1/4 of the orcas captured through to the 1970s having bullet scars. Now they're people's favorite animal.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Mustang posted:

I can't imagine what the PNW must have been like 100 years ago. Was reading about how orcas used to be considered pests and shooting them was encouraged, with about 1/4 of the orcas captured through to the 1970s having bullet scars. Now they're people's favorite animal.

Look at all those huge trees!

Let's cut 'em all down! Every single one!

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Orcas for fun kill every. single. other animal they can get at. Except for humans.

:thunkin:

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Orcas for fun kill every. single. other animal they can get at. Except for humans.

:thunkin:

They are doing something weird off the Iberian Peninusla in Europe - A few years ago small number started attacking rudders on small boats. This behavior had spread and now 3 boats have been sunk with dozens damaged, and hundreds of interactions. All very very odd.

Sadly its only going to end one way - the Orcas will end up all being killed in that area.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Baconroll posted:

They are doing something weird off the Iberian Peninusla in Europe - A few years ago small number started attacking rudders on small boats. This behavior had spread and now 3 boats have been sunk with dozens damaged, and hundreds of interactions. All very very odd.

Sadly its only going to end one way - the Orcas will end up all being killed in that area.

There is another important passage in a memoir by a shipwrecked whale hunting sailor, actually the book that Henry Melville based Moby Dick on, about being attacked and other survivors eaten by what is clearly orcas.

Yes. Moby Dick is about the wrong whale (or dolphin) sort of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Elviscat posted:

Look at all those huge trees!

Let's cut 'em all down! Every single one!