Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

ded posted:

someone who thinks they are king poo poo and can control everything but is really just a petty shitbird

the senior enlisted guy on a sub

The guy who refuses to send any emails written in Spanish off the boat, because he can't personally read them, despite there being trained and qualified email screeners who are native Spanish speakers.

Or the guy who told Norwegians, on a Norwegian naval base, to "speak English".

Or the guy who literally cried adult man-tears because there were carrots in the spaghetti sauce.

That's a COB.

Some real fuckin' depressing current events on the last couple pages, I gotta say.

Here's a Cybertruk being shittier at offroading than a 1940s Willys, for a palate cleanser.

https://twitter.com/DimaZeniuk/status/1716556240908681538?t=1n0ghxjXwiNTzELULR2y5w&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

Ok am I the only one who does not have an instinctive fear of Canadian geese? There was a "community lot" near a family members house when I was a kid that had a little strip of access to a lake and the geese always made a mess of it. So as a kid I would just harass the hell out of the geese and chase them off. I was also a little ADHD gremlin so if they got all hissy I would just run at them with a stick.

I think it's more a funny meme than people actually being terrified, in the vein of Chuck Norris jokes.

There's so many in the PNW they used to round them up and gas them on the regular because they were polluting waterways.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Mustang posted:

I can't imagine what the PNW must have been like 100 years ago. Was reading about how orcas used to be considered pests and shooting them was encouraged, with about 1/4 of the orcas captured through to the 1970s having bullet scars. Now they're people's favorite animal.

Look at all those huge trees!

Let's cut 'em all down! Every single one!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

Hey so the clients are ok right? The clients are gonna be ok? They’re just going after the owners?

Asking for a, uh, friend.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Arrath posted:

God drat. And hot on the heels of a bunch of folks being voluntold to become recruiters? What timing.

Fuckin' oof.

Cool, Texas and the Navy just ignored his ex's complaints of abuse, then gave him access to you women/girls. That part in the article where the dude refers to the victim's body as "a gift" from another recruiter is particularly damning and gross.

:killing:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I'll do it. Someone give me a few g's to set up a blue check bot farm so I can dump on him on Twitter.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

ded posted:

mil is a gov employee so yep

it would be like your number getting called for a piss test, but instead its a get out of hell free card

Guess he'd have a 50/50 shot of getting my vote if I was still active then.

He's polling at about 5% BTW, although like a lot of people I'm hesitant to hang my hat on that with what happened with Donny.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Their refueling capability is yet to be proven, so I'm not counting chickens before they hatch.

Also, their ability to get into orbit without blowing up.

bird food bathtub posted:

Trying to lead the first crewed mission to Mars and then blowing up on the launch pad never leaving Earth's gravity would be the perfect end. Never accomplishing anything and ten years later he's in the dustbin of history. I could also accept making it halfway there and then realizing he wanted to move-fast-and-break-things his way out of radiation shielding or something.

Elon is to big a wussy to get in his own drat NASA-certified manned rocket, he's not leading poo poo anywhere out of one of his cozy offices surrounded by bodyguards who follow him to take a tinkle.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Yes, but SLS has proven it works. Including the Command Module and all the main systems.

For all its expense and problems and rear end in a top hat politicians loving it up with pork barrel bullshit, SLS at least works, and there's a high degree of confidence it will continue to work.

Someone's going to crack in-space refueling, everyone that does spacey poo poo is working on and talking about it. I'm also pretty sure it'll be necessary to make DRACO work effectively.

E: the NTP engine, not the SpaceX one.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

I'm not, I'm making a joke because I'm reading the term 'white pride' a lot on this page which is absurdly funny. No offence ment

And I haven't watched a John Wayne movie in my life and you can't make me

Why would you watch a movie you starred in anyways???

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Maybe if Donny and Joe both drop dead in the next few months, we can have a battle of the lovely useless governors for president.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

never change, wikipedia.

TBF, this confused the gently caress outta me as a kid.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Worth reminder that doctor that made that report is super bad at diagnosing those things. He's a fixer doctor - he writes what he's told and pockets a fee.

I would also like to point out, the statement Trump released stated his cognitive abilities were "exceptional" which might be literally true.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

American history according to public education-
-Pilgrims
-Indians get upset, intense debate over who lives where
-Revolution
-British come back for Part 2
-The Alamo
-Civil War
-Reconstruction
-WW1
-WW2
- Cold War
- Today's headlines

Depends on where you grew up, we got a ton of education on what Europeans did to the native population in the Americas, and how European colonialism effected the rest of the world.

That's in one of the most liberal cities in the US though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

A People's History of the United States was required reading for my Sophomore history class, and also for APUSH.