Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Nick Soapdish posted:

Good news: Bobby Knight is dead

Today or Yesterday? That's rather important...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Mappo posted:

Also, this painting displayed in the park.

Apparently, according to her and some Christian author, the eye in the sun and the rainbow represents Ishtar who was released onto this earth after the Stone Wall riots and now plots to destroy Christianity.

....isn't Christianity entirely the wrong religion to have Ishtar involved?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

I thought I saw something earlier that the GOP may try to put it back on the ballot next year but would only have like 6 months to make it happen.

I doubt that's a winning strategy for them.

....MS governor race doesn't seem to be going well, sadly.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

The biggest D counties haven't reported yet.

Not going by the numbers but by the differentials from last race Dave Wasserman has been posting.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
I suspect some folks here may have opinions:
https://twitter.com/halbritz/status/1722331487553352086#m
https://twitter.com/halbritz/status/1722333800208761272#m

Boston globe has an article (pay walled), so this looks legit:
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/11/08/metro/brothel-bust-boston/

Edit: CNN article: https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/08/politics/high-end-brothel-network-arrests/index.html

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 8, 2023

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Assuming any of the women were trafficked and aren’t charged with trafficking themselves…

This looks like a real trafficking case though. It’s usually local PDs that do very weird stuff with terms.

Funnily some of our local Boston area web media has this as the image from taken down notice on the site:

(Their story is more detailed, but in a somewhat uncomfortable way, focusing more on the prostitution and trafficking part rather than "people in power did something really stupid" angle.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Their refueling capability is yet to be proven, so I'm not counting chickens before they hatch.

That's basically everything about our current moon program except the rocket that's expected to launch like once a year. (Though admittedly it is the one novel thing. )

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Bored As gently caress posted:

We're so utterly hosed. We've got an octogenarian fascist and an octogenarian putz who no one is excited about who barely does anything to help anyone and whose accomplishments amount to "is doing ok supporting Ukraine" and "is trying to balance countering China while not alienating our greatest trading partner."

We're so hosed.

Yes, we are hosed, if people even here don't realize we have made progress on equality that hasn't been seen in decades, and the economy did way better than anywhere else in developed world.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

He really, really, really wants to be John McAfee

I think in US they don't usually charge people for murder when they kill people with lovely safety practices, though.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

The statement from the doctor about how, if elected, he would be the healthiest president in history is also very :jerkbag:.

The attempts at propaganda never end.

I wonder who the actual healthiest president would be, maybe Bill Clinton or Obama? (Thinking relative young, more modern, and I think JFK had a bunch of health issues?)

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

My Spirit Otter posted:

i might just be a callous rear end in a top hat, but it’s hard to feel sorry for someone when their ultra-luxury car that costs more than a house(outside of canada), goes rogue

Well, given two people apparently died, it may be appropriate to call such response callous. Also I think these sorts of incidents are usually people getting a stroke mid-driving or something, though I guess 56 may be on a young side?
Usually they just plow into someone's home though no one starts looking for terrorists.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

orange juche posted:

Politicians getting chaos dunked by historians? I'm here for it

You might need to be an actual historian to know about the backstory American Samoa, but half of Mexico and the Philippines are basically high-school history material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

dogg I'm from south carolina and high school history ends in 1859

OK, but that should at least cover the Mexican-American War, and the whole kerfuffle with Texas before that.