Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009
Post-Halloween chat:

Last year the apartment complex did a tick-or-treat event and I got to pass out candy. (I've rarely gotten trick-or-treaters). I had fun and I'm proud that I can buy expensive MARS brands for kids. So this year I bought 70$ worth of overpriced candy and low and behold no trick-or-treat event.

So I left out a bowl of candy last night, hoping some of the local basketball kids would take some. I few kids took some candy, but I've still got bags left that I want to get rid of, so I left out the candy bowl today around when the school busses drop off kids. Low and beyond the entire bowl was empty. So hopefully I can get rid of all this candy soon and not in my gut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009

pseudosavior posted:

You weren't kidding. Lady's got her panties in a twist over a painted window pane.

Also, this painting displayed in the park.

Apparently, according to her and some Christian author, the eye in the sun and the rainbow represents Ishtar who was released onto this earth after the Stone Wall riots and now plots to destroy Christianity.

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009
I don't know, I'm just quoting from the news article.

quote:

Gendreau elaborated to the Boston Globe that she follows the work of Jonathan Cahn — a doomsday prophet who says Donald Trump is the fulfilment of biblical prophecy.

While Gendreau did not respond to multiple interview requests, different people in Littleton told CBC News she has spoken to them enthusiastically about Cahn's work, which calls rainbows and eyeballs demonic symbols.

Cahn's writing is hardly standard Sunday school fare: to him, the Stonewall riots of 1969, which launched the modern gay-rights movement, opened the floodgates to another realm, allowing ancient pagan deities to spill back onto Earth, including the Mesopotamian goddess Ishtar, who is resentful at being marginalized for thousands of years and is now seeking vengeance against Christianity.

He pieces together odds and ends from ancient writings that refer to jewels and colours and concludes that the pride emblem, the rainbow, empowers Ishtar.

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009
This is not how you treat an Astronaut who has also received the Medal of Honor.

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009

Tiny Timbs posted:

It’s been really amusing seeing all of the goons try to trash talk the AI/ML advances as simultaneously completely worthless and capable of eliminating all their jobs.

Deep fakes are a terrifying concept that we will see more and more of soon.

GPT can give you imprecise and incorrect information but it can also save you massive amounts of time on a wide variety of tasks

AI art is extremely impressive and nobody outside of forums posters actually cares when half a pinkie is missing, nor expects that to be a problem forever. The ability to imagine some ridiculous concept and see a computer spit out an image of it in a few seconds is incredible.

There’s an element of buzzwordiness and grift going on but the impacts of AI/ML applications hitting the mainstream are very real

I am eagerly awaiting the day AI eliminates my job. Then I don't have to support this buggy, outdated, overly complex, daisy-chained house of cards piece of crap web application anymore.

That day won't arrive.