Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Flikken posted:

Take the 'L' and move the gently caress on

Not gonna happen. It's one of the things the party identity is based around at this point. Maybe if the party wasn't being run by true believers I guess, but we're way past that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

bird food bathtub posted:

What's preventing Youngkin from pulling the "I'm the victim because I lost while FIGHTING FOR YOU! They're not after me THEY'RE AFTER YOU!" stuff a lot in response to this loss? That's the ratcheting trap they've stuck their leg in with an increasingly radicalized fascist base, and seems to normally be the response from R politicians trying to save their own skin.

Nothing is preventing that, but it's not gaining them the votes they need. Republicans have put themselves into a spot where they can't win a primary without going as far right as possible but it's causing them to bleed voters in the actual election. Republicans should be cleaning up in local/state elections but they're struggling because they've gone off the deep end with abortion, election conspiracies, and outright fascism. They aren't done as a party by any stretch of the imagination but they're very much dysfunctional and eating themselves and it's actually hurting them in elections and it's not going to stop happening because the true believers are running the show.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/status/1723743653816836377?s=20

Yeah my guy, absolutely nothing would break. How the gently caress do people take someone like this seriously?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

orange juche posted:

unfortunately for better or worse spacex is on the hook for America's manned space program for their return to the moon. NASA needs something that can lift a lot of cargo to the Moon and is reusable, and Starship's in-flight refuelling capability will allow them to do that. SLS can get people to the moon but it doesn't carry any sort of landing capabilities onboard, and a LM style thing that is towed out to the moon by the SLS isn't really capable for building any sort of permanent moon base.

Thankfully we've stuffed the pockets of a billionaire to get this done instead of just funding the government run space program that put us on the moon fifty something years ago.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

orange juche posted:

You do know that the LM was made by Grumman, and the CM was made by Rockwell, right? Big companies were key to getting us to the moon the first time too. poo poo, ostensibly they were bigger companies than SpaceX is.

I would be perfectly ok with this, I have no love for apartheid clyde and if he stuffs it in one of his rockets I'll be pretty happy. I still want SpaceX to get us back to the moon.

At least we're keeping our rich history of Nazi's in the space program alive and well with him running the show.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1725091240507551878?s=20

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
From yospos and too good to not share

Shumagorath posted:

Model Y-SIS

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

pantslesswithwolves posted:

If there's one thing I'll give Elon Musk credit for, it's being able to live the real American Dream: to be rich enough to tell anyone who might try to hold you accountable to gently caress off.

He's not there in this situation. X is essentially dead without a lot of advertising money. He's not going to pay the loans and running costs out of pocket and his boot lickers don't have that kind of coin either. A sex trafficker pledging a totally real and legit million a month in advertising isn't gonna cut it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Grip it and rip it posted:

He thinks that this is his out. He didn't bankrupt the company - an advertiser boycott bankrupted the company. Therefore he isn't a bad CEO. It's the woke mob that cancelled him that's ultimately responsible.

I doubt he's capable of that kind of self reflection at this point. The classic can't fail, can only be failed thing. He bought into the savior of mankind thing that some really good marketing genius was cultivating.