Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

How does one round up a bunch of geese?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

There is another important passage in a memoir by a shipwrecked whale hunting sailor, actually the book that Henry Melville based Moby Dick on, about being attacked and other survivors eaten by what is clearly orcas.

Yes. Moby Dick is about the wrong whale (or dolphin) sort of

I remember reading an account written by somebody in the late 1800s or early 1900s about orcas coming under the ice and smashing it trying to break it, but I thought it was also made clear that they likely thought the men were probably seals, seeing only their shadows/silhouettes from under the ice.

Is this what you were talking about? I don’t remember any stories of anyone actually getting eaten.

The only hostile interactions I’ve heard of other than that are the things orcas have to done to trainers and idiots who stay after park closing to try and swim with them.

And none of those involved people being eaten either.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Way to go, Ohio!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

ded posted:

a 262 going fast in a straight line? cuz thats pretty much all they could do

Yes, but if you could line it up straight on a bomber, you had four 30mm cannons to shoot at it.

You just had a very brief firing window!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Wait until you’re out for 25 years and climbing up a 10” ladder is taking your life into your hands

BTW happy belated birthday, Marines

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

It has been a strange day in congress. On top of MarkWayne Mullin wanting to fight the teamster and McCarthy supposedly cheapshotting the other rep, this also happened:

https://x.com/Acyn/status/1724490735679098945?s=20

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Discussion Quorum posted:

Oh sure he took this and he took that, but did they stop to think of what he has GIVEN us? Think of the memories we'll have when it's all over!

Him running through the halls of congress carrying a baby is a memory I will treasure forever, that’s for sure

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

So if this gets appealed and upheld by USSC any future democratic president is also immune, for the same reasons, right?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

He’s also an anti-vaxxer. That plus all the other things in the tweet above, no wonder Musk thinks he’s awesome.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

I tried this and got nothing. Doesn't mean it's debunked, just that someone at twitter flipped a switch.

That may be what they did:

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1726805783197975035?s=20

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

It was good for Smedley Butler

It was good for ol’ Dan Daly

And it’s good enough for me

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Haha, yessssssss! Light that match, Elon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

And he is SO not mad.