Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Obviously.

lol where do i get one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Make sure to leave out Rip Its and Liqueur for Veteran Santa when he comes down the chimney
Happy Veterans Day to all my fellow vets, hug your DD-214 tight.

I went to go see some poor jrotc kids freezing their rear end off in their uniforms in mid-40 degree rain marching down the street, while I was warm and dry under an awning. Happy veterans day indeed

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Did that Friday at my kids school, holy crap they can't march to save their lives

Their platoon sergeant calling cadence couldn't keep a steady pace, and every 4th cadet was completely out of step and having to execute a change step to get back on time. A quick "Left, left, left right!" to get people back on step ain't too hard if you can't manage to call a steady cadence. Can't really hold it against them though, they play army for a couple hours a day and haven't had basic drill and ceremony ground into them to the point of muscle memory.

To be fair though I'd probably struggle more than I think I would keeping a steady pace marching having been out for 6 years.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I hope it explodes on the pad.

unfortunately for better or worse spacex is on the hook for America's manned space program for their return to the moon. NASA needs something that can lift a lot of cargo to the Moon and is reusable, and Starship's in-flight refuelling capability will allow them to do that. SLS can get people to the moon but it doesn't carry any sort of landing capabilities onboard, and a LM style thing that is towed out to the moon by the SLS isn't really capable for building any sort of permanent moon base.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

fknlo posted:

Thankfully we've stuffed the pockets of a billionaire to get this done instead of just funding the government run space program that put us on the moon fifty something years ago.

You do know that the LM was made by Grumman, and the CM was made by Rockwell, right? Big companies were key to getting us to the moon the first time too. poo poo, ostensibly they were bigger companies than SpaceX is.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I want SpaceX to be successful at two things:

1. Carrying the American space program to exciting new heights and
2. killing Elon Musk in the process.

I would be perfectly ok with this, I have no love for apartheid clyde and if he stuffs it in one of his rockets I'll be pretty happy. I still want SpaceX to get us back to the moon.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 16, 2023

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

Imagine if a late stage eccentric Howard Hughes had access to twitter. Being rich is refined brain poison. Hoping Elon dies before he starts tweeting about keeping his own piss in bottles.

I mean it would be funny for elon to tweet about keeping his piss in bottles

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Which is why you should roundly mock any motherfucker who says anything to the effect that they think white people are oppressed

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

loving lmao

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Anytime someone mentions crypto I think of cryptosporidium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee159M3wxA8

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

My god... has anyone check tesla stock to see if its ok?!

will someone think of the annual returns?!?!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TheWeedNumber posted:

I’m gonna lol so hard if it was just a Tesla blowing up cause it’s a poo poo car.

search your heart, you know why the tesla crashed

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Crab Dad posted:

How can anyone believe this pile of mush is presidential material?

Approximately 30% of the country believes he's the bestest president

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Politicians getting chaos dunked by historians? I'm here for it

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Discussion Quorum posted:

It is my new head canon that Rosalyn Carter's final earthly act was to reverse whatever demonic spell was binding Kissinger's soul to his body.

son of a bitch, she found the phylactery

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Henry Kissinger still dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hey, we're going to experience something that nobody has experienced in a century on this earth, a christmas and a new years in which Henry Kissinger is dead.