Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Steezo posted:

Considering how most of the guys from my old battery from the invasion of Iraq are some kind of nuts, that scans.

Mortars here but yeah. I had a bad run of years (panic attacks, bad anger, major alcohol problems) after my EAS in 2007 but was able to get at least most of my life in order over the last fifteen years. A lot of guys in my old platoon are still having problems (and we had a couple suicides, too), and I don't know enough to say if they're physical problems from years in a gun crew or the general mental problems marines (and other military members) have while trying to become civilians again. Probably both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Veterans can enjoy one free stack of Red, White and Blueberry pancakes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Nov. 11. Prostitution not included.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Love it.

https://www.cbo.gov/topics/employment-and-labor-markets/federal-personnel posted:

The federal government employs about 2¼ million military personnel (of whom about 1 million are reservists) and about 2¼ million civilian personnel (of whom nearly 60 percent work for the Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Homeland Security). CBO assesses the pay and benefits of the nation’s armed forces and civil servants as well as proposals to change the compensation of those workers.

Let's instantly make 1 million people unemployed. 1 million people. That won't affect anything, no way.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Oh yeah was bummed when he retired but in retrospect gotta respect him for going out on top rather than accepting inferior output, amazing respect for his audience. Also glad he quietly lives his life popping up here and there but feels no need to embarrass himself by getting addicted to social media & trying to have hot takes on everything like Stephen King.

:hmmyes:

Watterson said what he wanted to say and went out at the top of his game with a comic strip so good it not only influenced entire generations of people but changed what the medium was capable of, and he's been smart enough to keep a low profile ever since. His work spoke for him. I love King's stuff, and his heart is in the right place politically even if he's an old fellow-kids goober now, but he can't shut the gently caress up, and it's not doing his legacy any favors.

I haven't read The Mysteries because I'm afraid it'll suck. When a writer gets it right the first time like Waterson or Harper Lee (or, to King's absolute credit, when he dropped a string of horror classics in his early career), anything afterwards has to be a disappointment.

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 20, 2023

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Anyone have that (onion?) Article that was like "not so easy finding a decent mayor is it?" Asks Bill Deblasio

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Speaking of stabbings, Derek Chauvin got shanked. American for-profit prison system sucks etc, but I don't feel too bad about this one.

https://apnews.com/article/derek-chauvin-george-floyd-prison-stabbing-f24cde6aa28877d034530c2dc40ef7ea

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

MrMojok posted:

It was good for Smedley Butler

It was good for ol’ Dan Daly

And it’s good enough for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

facialimpediment posted:

Biden put out a statement on Kissinger and it's pretty lol

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1730375206890258903?t=_NebzMDSWE0FvUzUh1NGsA&s=19

The closest presidential statement of "gently caress this dude and especially gently caress everyone that listened to him"

Based Brandon