Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Udvar-Hazy is wild.

"It's got the Dash 80, granddaddy of all modern airliners."

"You mean, it's got a Dash 80?"

"No, the only one. The one that Bob Hoover could have barrel rolled. They have a statue of him in front of it."

Wingnut Ninja fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
drat, I must have been thinking of the video where Bob Hoover pours a glass of water while flying a barrel roll. Mybad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9pvG_ZSnCc

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Cool Dad posted:

He doesn't really believe that that would be a good idea and isn't actually going to do it, but it sounds good to the idiots he wants to vote for him.

Admittedly though I don't know anything about this guy so I don't know if he's a true believer or a grifter. Maybe he is that stupid.

That shouldn't make any difference. If he's making it a policy proposal, every reporter who interviews him should be asking "how can you be this loving stupid and still quality as a sentient organism? Does your staff dress you in the morning? If it rains are you in danger of drowning from looking up at the sky water?"

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
After reading some of the poo poo people go through with their family, I would say some families absolutely need to be unionized.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Didn't they have blasters that shot, like, energy pucks or something?

FrozenVent posted:

You had to be there bro.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Bored As gently caress posted:

He looks like a Superman villain

He looks like he should be running a Victorian work house in a Charles Dickens novel.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Grip it and rip it posted:

Wouldn't that level of personalization suggest that those individuals are being targeted by somebody they know? The efficacy of large scale phishing campaigns or redirects or whatever seem to rely on the fact that many people use certain sites and could expect an invoice from apple/amazon/whoever based on their recent activity. Getting enough information to specifically suggest that somebody is at the local jail / garage and needs money for their ${carMakeandModel} or whatever would suggest a level of granularity that should be hard to maintain

I don't think so, you just need to gain access to someone's friends/contacts list and blast a phishook out to all of them. 99% will recognize it as a scam, but if you do it thousands of times you get enough hits to make it worthwhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

davecrazy posted:

I saw some “justification” that Nobles intention wasn’t that the peace prize good to good people per se but to folks who negotiated with their enemies to end conflicts, and if you follow that logic it works.

IIR His North Vietnamese counterpart got it too, but refused it.

Alfred Nobel was horrified at how dynamite was used on humans, so I can't imagine he would have been a fan of the guy who said "dynamite isn't enough, add in napalm and agent orange. No, not on soldiers, just on civilians."