Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

The PCB board with the auto loader and pellet splitter that makes your Auto-9 into a burst fire pseudo shotgun with infinite ammo is just incredible. Thought the system would be superfluous but it’s a great addition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Shovel
Apr 25, 2010
https://youtu.be/pwvT4H0Q2ws?si=e31fqd5nkfuFfJ-O

Looks like the new update adds a New Game Plus mode, plus some other goodies

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Love Shovel posted:

https://youtu.be/pwvT4H0Q2ws?si=e31fqd5nkfuFfJ-O

Looks like the new update adds a New Game Plus mode, plus some other goodies

This isn’t the trailer’s fault, but hearing Two Steps From Hell music is super distracting every time it happens lol

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The update also introduced a fun new bug with the Auto-9 PCB upgrades, apparently causing all installed upgrades from every PCB to be active on your current board. See here:

You can see I have both the no reloading and full auto upgrades active in an early game area (not even in NG+), even though my setup at this point was only supposed to have no reloading. Later, when I fought ED-209, the PCB I used was supposed to have neither upgrade but still had both because they were active on these other PCBs (and ED-209 got absolutely melted as a result).

This is so hilariously broken that I expect it to get patched soon (unless I'm somehow the only person to encounter this bug), but in the meantime you can be comically overpowered.

edit: I think this is related to the "Fixed the shooting mode not properly resetting when exiting interiors" part of the patch notes, as the bug seemed to trigger after exiting an interior as far as I could tell from looking at the gameplay I recorded last night. It might only affect the firing mode upgrades (including no reloads, I guess) as well because I don't think More Gore stayed active on my non-gory PCB.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jan 23, 2024

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!

m-m-Michael Jackson???

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

This (along with their Terminator game) is currently going cheap on Steam. I got it similarly cheap on GOG a while ago and enjoyed it hugely, but I'm not the most objective - give me waves of goons to shoot in the head/balls while the Robocop theme plays and I'm a happy camper.

Some things, having completed it

I knew it was set between 2 & 3, but didn't know if it was doing "this is the proper Robocop 3", or going to ignore it entirely, or what. So I panicked for a bit that they were going to to really kill off Lewis again

Psychology stat appears totally useless. Should have played on hard rather than normal too, I don't think I died apart from a couple of non-combat times in the Street Vulture's bomb section

Wendell's arms should have become weirdly long when he fell off the building

Disappointing lack of Johnson

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Two Owls posted:

This (along with their Terminator game) is currently going cheap on Steam. I got it similarly cheap on GOG a while ago and enjoyed it hugely, but I'm not the most objective - give me waves of goons to shoot in the head/balls while the Robocop theme plays and I'm a happy camper.

Some things, having completed it

I knew it was set between 2 & 3, but didn't know if it was doing "this is the proper Robocop 3", or going to ignore it entirely, or what. So I panicked for a bit that they were going to to really kill off Lewis again

Psychology stat appears totally useless. Should have played on hard rather than normal too, I don't think I died apart from a couple of non-combat times in the Street Vulture's bomb section

Wendell's arms should have become weirdly long when he fell off the building

Disappointing lack of Johnson

Psychology is actually pretty helpful to invest a bit into. It's hard to tell at a glance if you happened to coincidentally have invested in every single stat that mattered for specific convo choices as they came up. I'd have to boot up my save to check, but I pumped Psych up enough that it actually let me hit a handful of conversation choices I did not otherwise have the relevant stats for.

That said the game is easy enough investing in it early isn't that big a deal, even on Hard. By the time you really need the combat stats you'll have enough time to have invested in them. Reminds me though, I need to go through NG+ and try out the new hardest difficulty.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Frog Act posted:

They’re both incredible but if you have the time and enjoy those I would also recommend the bizarre and surprisingly good 1994 TV show, which has some satire that almost equals Verhoeven’s in the first movie

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RoboCop_(live_action_TV_series)

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! After reading up on the show, I've ordered the blu-ray set.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

...! posted:

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! After reading up on the show, I've ordered the blu-ray set.

Welp, I should have read the reviews of the blu-ray first. I started the first episode and was immediately horrified by the video quality. Looks like absolute poo poo. I could instantly tell that it was SD (and low quality SD at that). Looked at the reviews and yep, they upscaled the 480i footage to 1080p, slapped it on some blu-rays and called it HD. Shameless.

Do not buy!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

...! posted:

Welp, I should have read the reviews of the blu-ray first. I started the first episode and was immediately horrified by the video quality. Looks like absolute poo poo. I could instantly tell that it was SD (and low quality SD at that). Looked at the reviews and yep, they upscaled the 480i footage to 1080p, slapped it on some blu-rays and called it HD. Shameless.

Do not buy!

Eldarion’d again!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I got this game for Christmas and I had a god drat blast. Perfectly captured the sense of being a slow tanky cyborg and by far most dangerous thing in the room in 98% of situations, shot the hell out of loads of creeps including many in their dicks, got hosed over by corporate assholes, and saw a surprising number of cats in Detroit, including one I saved from a burning building. In an objective sense no part of this game other than the music is anything to write home about but it all adds up to an old-school "more than the sum of its parts" Eurojank gem.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Narcissus1916 posted:

I never saw Robocop the movie. Had a pretentious professor and classmate tell me that their "critique on class consciousness and corporatism was lazy and obvious".

Fuuuuck those guys. I'm in my thirties and just saw the movie. Holee loving poo poo that was awesome!

This is going back a bit, but that movie made me think about that stuff when I was 10 - what would those guys have had me watch instead?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

Eldarion’d again!

:hmmyes:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

...! posted:

Do not buy!

That fuckin blows but I believe the episodes are on YouTube and worth watching even in that annoying format

...!
Oct 5, 2003

It's the exact same thing that happened with the blu-rays for Highlander: The Series. Only the first couple of seasons were released, and they were exclusively for sale to members of the official Highlander fan club. People who bought the blu-rays were extremely upset; they look identical to the DVDs (which themselves looked like poo poo compared to other DVDs).

There was a reason for this. You see, the original film reels for the show were destroyed in a warehouse fire years earlier. The only thing they still have is VHS copies of the episodes, which is what they had to put on the DVDs.

Nothing exists for them to remaster or make any kind of HD version. But they decided to rip off the show's megafans (who were already paying for club membership) by just slapping everything onto blu-rays and selling them for inflated prices.

When the fans complained about the quality, they got a lecture from the blu-ray producers who told them that that was the best they were ever going to get. And if people dared to keep complaining then they would take their ball and go home. i.e., they would refuse to produce blu-rays for the remaining seasons. The fans told them to gently caress off and warned everyone not to buy them.

It really is amazing how some companies are this unethical and yet demand that customers show them deference.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Highlander fan club membership

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

lol the DVDs are actually better than the blu-rays, they cropped the top of the picture for the blu-rays to make it 16:9. The tops of everyone's heads are cropped out. The DVDs have the same picture quality but are in the original 4:3 aspect ratio

jfc what the gently caress is wrong with the company that made this zero effort bullshit :argh: