Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Pros:

-Dick shots
-Peter Weller voices Robo
-Gory as gently caress
-Fun as hell
-Hans Grueber is in the game
-You talk to a shrink between missions
-Final boss is dumb as poo poo in a good way

Cons:

-Writing kinda sucks
-Auto 9 sounds like poo poo
-No "I'd buy that for a dollar!" guy
-Rescuing hostages is loving hard
-Barely any music in the game
-It ends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mostly agree with this. I think the writing is mostly solid/good or at least fits with the tone. i think the sidequests are better then the main quests. I will say I liked wendel as a villian, he comes off as some ultra smart super villian but he basicaly just really good at being a fixer and bullshiting people and then burning people he works for. I like that by the end, everyone hates him and the last mercs just walk away and kick the bridge out because his money didnt go through. I also liked that his grand plan was ill be king of some shanty town construction site with strippers and mercs and battle droids.

the only issue i had was the last boss fight, it wasnt out of no where. they set it up earlier in the game, but i kinda didnt like that they went with 1s depiction of the old man with none of depiction of 2. 2 isnt as great of a movie, but i like that 2 shows the old man as a manipulative sociopath and piece of poo poo, he is just smart enough not show it as often. but it was fine.

Stupid question, was wendell actually related to anyone in red formans gang or was that some dumb bullshit he made up. I lean toward the latter but was curious.

edit. Lol i guess he was supposedly the brother of the dude who gets turned into the mutant and gets smashed by the car. like he says it was a fake name so yeah lol. but i love the idea that dude has some pretentious brother who reads the prince and has gradious plans

Regarding the New Guy in Town.

I was highly disappointed how after subjecting Robo to all that poo poo and building up for a barn burner, the final showdown with Wendel turned out to be a massive wet fart in the form of a cutscene. I was so ready for a Red Dead Redemptionesque moment where the game goes into slow-mo and allows you to dispose of the bad guy as you please. It could've been the dickshot that actually meant something.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

I hope we get a RoboCop: Prime Directive skin of that 4'5 tall rear end in a top hat who was too short for the Robo suit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzbS3u8FbW0