Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which PFL champion are you most looking forward to seeing this month?
This poll is closed.
Olivier Aubin-Mercier 1 3.85%
Larissa Pacheco 4 15.38%
Sadibou Sy 1 3.85%
Lance Palmer 0 0%
Nicco Montano 1 3.85%
Alexander Shlemenko 2 7.69%
Bobby Southworth 3 11.54%
Hardcore Holly 14 53.85%
Total: 26 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

:stare: at the kick and the (i presume??) nickname of an old timey racial slur?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

spousal abuser talks to noted piece of poo poo donald trump junior about sex pest extraordinaire vince macmahon. i hate everything about this lol

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Would you say you're triggered with donald trump jnr :smug:

lol

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

that sounds like you want the ufc and dana to promote...fights? that ain't their job, man

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

yup. my favorite ever fights involve a ton of offense and spurious defense as both fighters deal out damage that will inevitably shorten lives or make later years awful.

AND i get that no one wants to watch people get laid on for 15-25 minutes while nothing else happens, but if there's gonna be a ground game, you gotta let there be a ground game. cut the dude or dudette if they're really boring or whatever, or save your job by becoming a little weiner fascist like covington to impress your boss. i don't think there should be a rules "fix" that stands fighters up from a full mount.

it sucks to suck at wrestling (been there!) and when pinning isnt an insta-win, it really sucks to watch a fighter suck at wrestling. when the other fighter doesn't punish said sucky wrestler, it's boring, but the onus is on the sucky wrestler to get up, and ain't no one more capable than Lewis of Just Getting Up. doubly so when good grappler is essentially in the "stop hitting yourself" position. you really do gotta make the guy cease his "stop hitting yourself" shenanigans or people are gonna have to watch you get dominated for a half hour. kim winslow shouldn't save your rear end because people are booing

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

CarlCX posted:

this is a hilariously timed post because the UFC cut Taila Santos this morning

im part of the dana white hivemind and i hate it

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

CarlCX posted:

Jamahal Hill says he wants to come back, beat Pereira, and then go up to heavyweight and fight Tom Aspinall.

In the past four weeks we've now had Volkanovski going after Makhachev, Makhachev calling for a fight with the winner of Edwards/Covington, Edwards calling dibs on the winner of Strickland vs du Plessis, Pereira winning the 205 belt and then calling out Israel Adesanya, and now, Hill talking about using the 205 belt to go to heavyweight.

I miss weight classes.

somewhere in mississipi, the just bleed guy instinctively blows the dust off his old grease paint

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Super Deuce posted:

I don’t know why, but I have some irrational dislike of Aspinal. I don’t care for Pavlovian, or really any heavyweights that are at the top right now. It sucks for me. I want Francis to be blasting people into orbit again.

There's an English fella by the name Lord Aspinall who has a multi-part series on "behind the bastards" podcast going right now, and they might be related or something

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

haven't seen that name in years. always looked forward to "non important non champion: jamie varner" to close out the monthly OPs back in the day

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

ilmucche posted:

Well you see he only lost the round, so on balance he won the fight

iirc, chael said he didn't know tapping meant you lost the fight, just that you lost the round, which is some grade-a chael-ing right there

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Watching Faber and dom is the best part of this

lmao yeah, that was a treat. good looking out, mr nice!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

i think it was claimed a witch doctor was in the crowd hexxing fedor in the ring directly which is pretty smart thinking for bigfoot

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

DoombatINC posted:

It was the main event, first round - time stamped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaoEfwnN3V0&t=14064s

im not at all a kickboxing guy - how is that sweep viewed by judges? knockdown? an effective strike? nothing at all but cool points and a "sick sweep, dude"?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

In MT, which is judged over the whole fight, this would be a cleanly landed technique with significant effect (the fall). If repeated, would also demonstrate the appearance of dominance.

A lot of kickboxing rulesets don't allow throws. Ones that do equate them to strikes and not to knockdowns, which can be vague in non point value systems.

thanks kimbo!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

i was watching the iowa/iowa state wrestling dual this afternoon and an ESPN guy noted that an ISU wrestler (my team) was a big fan of sean strickland because he wasn't ashamed to be american or whatever and i was reminded the ufc has a bona-fide nazi as their middleweight champ and felt really gross, so thanks for that casey swiderski, ESPN, and TKO.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

is “Let Me Bang Bro” considered its shark jump or was that when someone committed sexual assault through sushi

you can cum on your own sushi and piss in your own fruit salad. i thought this was america?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

cody's off-the-rack basketball shorts with the price tag attached was so goddamned funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

goddamn, ol clay guida is still at it, huh? dude always had more stamina than brains, that's for sure