Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which PFL champion are you most looking forward to seeing this month?
This poll is closed.
Olivier Aubin-Mercier 1 3.85%
Larissa Pacheco 4 15.38%
Sadibou Sy 1 3.85%
Lance Palmer 0 0%
Nicco Montano 1 3.85%
Alexander Shlemenko 2 7.69%
Bobby Southworth 3 11.54%
Hardcore Holly 14 53.85%
Total: 26 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

chicken, rice, good nights rest baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

I SPENT 450 MILLION DOLLARS ON WHITE POWER SLAPPING AND THAT'S GOOD BECAUSE A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE TWEETING ABOUT IT

- capitalism in 2023

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

brain damage card is one of the best things i've seen in my entire life. holy poo poo. everything ruled in every possible way. lol.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

was the main card all finishes?

if there was 20 mins of cage action total i'd be stunned.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

21:33 is what i've got

god drat.

e. is that a record?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

wikipedia is saying that every winner on the main card got a potn 50k which is well earned.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CarlCX posted:

261 with 20:56 because gently caress Jorge Masvidal.

usman starching him was sick. also interesting to see andrade appeared at 261 getting elbowed to death by valentina and 295 beating the poo poo out of dern. also not happy to remember weidman shattering his entire leg in 17 seconds. otherwise, very cool.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i think i posted before that i would watch adesanya and pereira fight until time stopped. same with any combination of poirier / gaethje / chandler / oliveira.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Kragger99 posted:

Agree on all these posts. My waning of the UFC has been since late last year, but it's been significant.

i'm one foot out and in. my enjoyment of the sport died with the oversaturation of the cards and a roster size only carl, lobmob, and like 5 other people on earth can wrangle.

i can't say the trump poo poo isn't absolutely abhorrent, but the ufc and it's fans have always been a piece of poo poo and the fighters run the gamut from joe son (gang rapist) to sage northcutt (bathes with his sister as christian adults under the supervision of his lunatic father. i assume.) have always been the worst. if anything the mainstreaming of it means there's more people not wearing tapoout shirts in the crowd.

that said i just had a loving ball watching 295.

the ufc has it's issues, but at the end of the day, i like to watch humans fighting. they do their thing i'll tune in whenever it's convenient.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i still get irl mad thinking about not getting to see them fight for a few minutes.

to be straight up conor did one of the best mind game lead ups to a fight i've ever seen. for months leading up to it conor was saying 'i would really like jose aldo to get mad and charge directly at my most powerful weapon' and aldo looked annoyed for a few months before instantly capitulating.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

GTO posted:

The match making is done on star power, titles often don't mean anything.

Hmm. Better get Colby another title shot to be racist in the lead up to.

And man as much as mma and pro wrestling are spiritually carnival sideshows together, I cannot see how Vince's whole loving long rear end lifetime of getting to dictate who gets what belt when translates to a good manager of an organisation that allegedly holds legitimate contests between equals.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Kragger99 posted:

One thing many of us forgot about (including me) was Dana hitting his wife in public last Jan. That really turned me off, and basically influenced my "boycott" this year. He never had any repercussions from that afaict. Dana White Privilege in it's highest form.

am i misremembering? or did i just watched a twitter video like 2 days ago where dana referenced it as a promotional anecdote for white power slap getting social media buzz or whatever.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

gsp would easily gently caress up almost anyone one earth but i can't think of very many modern ww's who he would gently caress up more effortlessly than jorge masvidal.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Here you go. 5 days ago

thank gently caress. i was sure i heard it even though of course that would be pretty much literally the single worst thing he could have said to promote that insane pile of poo poo. except possibly that he was going to rematch his spouse on the white power slap stage. unreal. apparently yeah just loving whatever. the people still paying for this poo poo are the worst people alive. hell it probably sold 5 figures of ppvs what the gently caress do i know lol i don't even have one of the millions.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Kragger99 posted:

Oooof, thanks for posting. And sorry if it seemed I was doubting you Marching Powder, I was going to post "no way he said that", but I know you (and most of the thread) know your stuff, so I knew there had to be some truth behind it.

Really bothers me that to really succeed in this world you have to be a lovely human. At least in this current hellworld, it's much more obvious to see.
Rich in money and not friends/relationships, or vice versa.

nah man as soon as i asked it i thought it couldn't be true lol.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

John Romero posted:

does anyone have the dunc (I think) post from around the time of jones’ second comeback? featured bones talking about the dimensions of his dick and dc saying “I will teach my son to never be like this”

no, but lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

you can vaguely describe an old dunc post and it's still funnier than anything i've ever written.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

chaleski posted:

Same, Ronda thundering into the woods

lol. exhibit b.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Was there ever a more satisfying rear end whipping than was handed to Koschek by GSP?

nate diaz beating conor was probably the happiest i've been in my entire life so that for me.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Shumagorath posted:

Wandy knocking out Brian Stann was pretty good catharsis for both Wandy fans and SA MMA.

this just reminded me. i used to throw $2 on whole-card parlays and i only ever hit one, this card, picked all of them. it was like 500 bucks payout. thanks wandy.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

ilmucche posted:

i wanted chael to win that because he talked himself into a title fight by playing a ridiculous heel then nearly went out and did the drat thing. in retrospect was he the catalyst for saying lovely right wing baiting bullshit to get a push?

i recently watched his classics. i was stunned at how tame it seemed in the modern era.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lid posted:

Mir brutalised Big Nog.

i remember exactly where i was when this happened. at this dead rear end dive bar that was about to be closed down in the beer garden. it was me and the tapout crowd who stopped bothering to go to the toilets to smoke crack because there was one staff member and he was at the bar inside. then that happened and holy poo poo that was a gnarly break. no weidman / andy, sure, but it was pretty loving bad. compounding that was the number of replays. it got so excessive even the literal crack smoking hicks were opining on how the replays were a bit much.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

all my homies root for bobby green

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Freudian slippers posted:

It is me. I am the goon who enjoys watching Clay Guida fight.

that used to be all of us. he used to be a widely loved fighter, then he got tired of that and became a widely hated fighter. now it's just amazing and dangerous that he's any sort of fighter.