Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which PFL champion are you most looking forward to seeing this month?
This poll is closed.
Olivier Aubin-Mercier 1 3.85%
Larissa Pacheco 4 15.38%
Sadibou Sy 1 3.85%
Lance Palmer 0 0%
Nicco Montano 1 3.85%
Alexander Shlemenko 2 7.69%
Bobby Southworth 3 11.54%
Hardcore Holly 14 53.85%
Total: 26 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
the instant nuh uh from yoel. p4p best cheater in mma history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
masvidal is really representative of what happened to the ufc. he was just a cool fighter who had good fights but lost a lot of split decisions and never got a big break. then he finally did and then he opened his mouth and then it was all over.

tom aspinall is also pretty representative. he's pretty unequivocally the best heavyweight in the ufc right now but 1) that's because francis isn't there 2) no one cares because jon bones jones is riding high on winning one (1) fight in the division and he wants to fight the old guy who can't walk and looks confused all the time instead.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
anderson/chael was a heartbreaker. chael was like half a round from becoming champ and then getting stripped of the belt for steroids which would have been incredible.

this was when anderson was massively dominant but aside from the forrest destruction, he was coming off a bunch of really loving boring title fights. and chael knocked him down in the first round and beat the poo poo out of him. we were all rooting for him. but it's chael and he'll find a way to lose drat it.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

ilmucche posted:

i wanted chael to win that because he talked himself into a title fight by playing a ridiculous heel then nearly went out and did the drat thing. in retrospect was he the catalyst for saying lovely right wing baiting bullshit to get a push?

i don't think the two are related, unless you think chael is the reason that dana got in bed with trump, and the reason why U.S. politics in general have become this bizarre battle for pop culture relevance. he might be the reason a lot of fighters try to talk trash even though they're terrible at it, though.