Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which PFL champion are you most looking forward to seeing this month?
This poll is closed.
Olivier Aubin-Mercier 1 3.85%
Larissa Pacheco 4 15.38%
Sadibou Sy 1 3.85%
Lance Palmer 0 0%
Nicco Montano 1 3.85%
Alexander Shlemenko 2 7.69%
Bobby Southworth 3 11.54%
Hardcore Holly 14 53.85%
Total: 26 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

kimbo305 posted:

When I watched Ngannou x Fury, I was pretty sure Fury would win, but I also thought "if this were Pride rules..."

I watched it this morning and the first thing I texted my buddy was that it was crazy he won under Stockton Rules and he responded about pride rules.

Incredible to watch and I think it really, sadly, hammered home how badly it's gotten in the UFC. You can't say you're the best fight league in your sport, nevermind all combat sports, if the best heavyweight in the world is getting pushed out and then changing sport and doing that. Even with all the caveats of Fury not taking it seriously or "amateur boxers can be tough because they're awkward" or whatever it was impressive and a worsening black eye for the UFC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

Fury denied said caveats. He said he took it 100% serious and had a standard camp in preparation. He said Ngannou deserves all the credit for doing what he did, and that he’s legit even if inexperienced.

Hah God drat if that was Fury after a full camp. Ngannou looked amazing in that regard then. Just brilliant.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The quality has dropped off and it's really hard to get interested in a sports league where matches are made based on how much the owner vibes with you. The whole Ngannou situation really just killed it for me.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Up until 2016 the owners of the UFC were trying to grow the business as best they could.
Now the owners of the UFC are trying to extract as much cash from the business as best they can.

It's not even that, Dana has fully hit the point of petty business tyrant where the business just exists as personal entertainment. If they were trying to extract as much cash as possible they would be putting on way better fights