Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which PFL champion are you most looking forward to seeing this month?
This poll is closed.
Olivier Aubin-Mercier 1 3.85%
Larissa Pacheco 4 15.38%
Sadibou Sy 1 3.85%
Lance Palmer 0 0%
Nicco Montano 1 3.85%
Alexander Shlemenko 2 7.69%
Bobby Southworth 3 11.54%
Hardcore Holly 14 53.85%
Total: 26 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

amosov and mix deserve better than bellator and also deserve better than the UFC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I've also noticed that the UFC matchmaking now falls off hard during football season. Like if you look into February you'll see they're starting to book actually matches again

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Unperson_47 posted:

I don't know a single person who has ever said one word about power slap so I don't know where these people are that watch it or if they even exist

Apparently rumble manipulates it's video view numbers too

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

LobsterMobster posted:

Patchy Mix rules.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Watching Faber and dom is the best part of this

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Marching Powder posted:

i remember exactly where i was when this happened. at this dead rear end dive bar that was about to be closed down in the beer garden. it was me and the tapout crowd who stopped bothering to go to the toilets to smoke crack because there was one staff member and he was at the bar inside. then that happened and holy poo poo that was a gnarly break. no weidman / andy, sure, but it was pretty loving bad. compounding that was the number of replays. it got so excessive even the literal crack smoking hicks were opining on how the replays were a bit much.

I distinctly remember the first one. I was watching it at a friend's house, a mobile home literally in the middle of a desolate frozen field. There was a Brazilian guy there who was going on about how cool Big Nog is and specifically about how Nog always gets hurt and comes back and it's cool every time and he's a hero etc. I think he bet hard on Nog, and his emotional rollercoaster through the series of knockdowns was something to behold. He did nothing but moan with his eyes in his hands and mutter in Portuguese through all of the replays and he didn't seem to recover at all until Rashad smoking Forrest distracted him.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Halloween Jack posted:

An obscure one I really enjoyed was Marquardt/Maia. Not because I have anything against Maia, but it seemed like many people who should have known better thought Nate would have nothing for his jujutsu. That his striking and wrestling fundamentals were basically Royce Gracie 2.0 wasn't going to be a problem. The results were very predictable! And Maia's head briefly turning into a compass finding true north was just funny.

There was so much schaudenfreude in that result. I laugh my rear end off every time I think about it even though Maia in the longer run is one of my favourites both in-and-out of the cage, and Marquardt is the poster child for "don't read their posts."

The hype around K-1 Maia was amazing and amazingly stupid. All of the buzz was that undefeated Maia had been training with elite strikers and was adding top-level kickboxing to his game and was going to be Anderson Silva combined with Royce Gracie. Even the broadcast booth had been getting into it. And then Marquardt cracked the nut with "punch him in the head so hard he goes airborne."

I laughed for like ten minutes when it happened, partly because I was pro-Marquardt at the time. Really that loss may have actually improved Maia in the longer run.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

reeg posted:

If you ignore his out-of-cage personality Nate Marquardt actually did a fair amount of extremely tight poo poo. His finish of Wilson Gouveia is burned into my brain forever. The Maia finish, the TWood finish, knocking out Rousimar Palhares as he was complaining about how sweaty Nate's legs were

Yeah I loved him so much for all of that. Even late in his career when he was going on like 1-4 runs his wins would be cool, plus when he'd get outworked by someone like Yushin Okami or Tarrec Saffedine there'd be comedy in his frustration and inability to change the fight.

Too bad for all the steroids and the fact that he's a gigantic dickhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Shumagorath posted:

So far this absolutely does not need to be over four hours. Author has pacing issues.

E: and he’s got easily a 15min digression to be overly credulous of Jason Thacker.

it was originally three parts released over like a year. This is the supercut all-in-one version.