Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which PFL champion are you most looking forward to seeing this month?
This poll is closed.
Olivier Aubin-Mercier 1 3.85%
Larissa Pacheco 4 15.38%
Sadibou Sy 1 3.85%
Lance Palmer 0 0%
Nicco Montano 1 3.85%
Alexander Shlemenko 2 7.69%
Bobby Southworth 3 11.54%
Hardcore Holly 14 53.85%
Total: 26 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It seems impossible that this trial will ever reach a conclusion but we might be closing in on something.

https://twitter.com/erikmagraken/status/1726747888448118877

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am reminded of a different kind of one sided beat down:

WEC 49: Varner vs Shalorus

The Prince of Persia repeatedly fouls Goon Enemy Jamie Varner and the judges rule the fight a draw. Varner was as dejected after one of those nut shots as any man.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Snowman_McK posted:

Fedor/Bigfoot was also super satisfying. People who are newish here may not remember how insanely annoying Fedor fans were, so imagine Conor fans but somehow worse. Fedor had gotten subbed shortly beforehand but that was explained away as him getting 'caught.' But then Bigfoot, slow even by heavyweight standards but with decent striking fundamentals, straight up outboxed him, exploiting all the shortcomings in Fedor's boxing that had been there for years. No one had been able to exploit them because heavyweight is a toilet fire in a dumpster, but they'd been there. And a glacially slow heavyweight was able to exploit them. His fans tried to explain it as Bigfoot simply being too big, but then Cormier, who was smaller, knocked out Bigfoot in about three minutes.

Fedor's camp claiming Bigfoot's camp had used some kind of curse made it even better

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LobsterMobster posted:

chris weidman's various poop stories

Chris Weidman's expensive dog.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marching Powder posted:

i remember exactly where i was when this happened. at this dead rear end dive bar that was about to be closed down in the beer garden. it was me and the tapout crowd who stopped bothering to go to the toilets to smoke crack because there was one staff member and he was at the bar inside. then that happened and holy poo poo that was a gnarly break. no weidman / andy, sure, but it was pretty loving bad. compounding that was the number of replays. it got so excessive even the literal crack smoking hicks were opining on how the replays were a bit much.

I remember the night of the fight because I was at Final Battle 2008. After the show we're walking to Grand Central and non chalantly check the results and are just stunned to see Big Nog lost.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
People doing deep dives into everyone Fedor ducked, tried to duck or thought about ducking was always a highlight of these threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Halloween Jack posted:

An obscure one I really enjoyed was Marquardt/Maia. Not because I have anything against Maia, but it seemed like many people who should have known better thought Nate would have nothing for his jujutsu. That his striking and wrestling fundamentals were basically Royce Gracie 2.0 wasn't going to be a problem. The results were very predictable! And Maia's head briefly turning into a compass finding true north was just funny.

This was the fight my friends and I were most hyped about that summer. More than any of the main events, we talked about it so much and laughed about it so much after.