Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which PFL champion are you most looking forward to seeing this month?
This poll is closed.
Olivier Aubin-Mercier 1 3.85%
Larissa Pacheco 4 15.38%
Sadibou Sy 1 3.85%
Lance Palmer 0 0%
Nicco Montano 1 3.85%
Alexander Shlemenko 2 7.69%
Bobby Southworth 3 11.54%
Hardcore Holly 14 53.85%
Total: 26 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

Here's a prime example of Nick Diaz loving with someone's head and beating a fighter that could have finished him twice had he not been flustered by Nick's poo poo talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_vrF7N7Cu8

The ref did not stop the fight on either of the Daley knockdowns because he said Nick was still shittalking while getting whomped on the ground. How disheartening must it be to drop someone and be chasing a finish, but you don't get it and the whole time he's laying there while you're punching him calling you a "pussy rear end bitch."
Quoting this post from the last thread to remind everyone Paul Daley has been involved in two other hilarious fights:

-Josh Koschek pouring thirty years of emotional abuse into Daley over 15min of smothering trash talk that caused Daley to throw a late hit and torpedo his whole career

-Daley booing his own fight with Jon Fitch on his back

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

Stockton Athletic Commission
can we rename the subforum this or can I get it on a gi patch

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Aye Doc posted:

was thinkin bout nutshots throughout mma history today and just wanted to share a happy memory with y'all

https://i.imgur.com/JwvaAYd.mp4
I laughed at this harder than the nut shot itself

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Unperson_47 posted:

He's also had Trump in the front row numerous times and employs/ed Colby Covington and Masvidal.That was a sarcastic post.
Very apropos that those two ended up bumfighting

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I wonder if ... PEDs ... easy to get in China
bruh

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Does Belcher’s Elvis tattoo look like Roy yet?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

coathat posted:

He did it! The dream lives on.
the Gorilla Channel is real

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

STONE COLD 64 posted:

todd duffee lol

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

BlindSite posted:

cat paw boop ground and pound.
edit: lol how has this not been taken down for two years https://youtu.be/iRKORLRsNY8?si=Ck-bU_H9xkE49QPA

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 11, 2023

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I’d actually forgotten about power slap.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
imagine if dana spent this much money and effort promoting Francis

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Freudian slippers posted:

IIRC, it's supposed to be Johnny Cash.
I knew this, but it's been so long since I thought about Alan Belcher that I'd forgotten what that tattoo was supposed to be. A truly timeless bad tattoo.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
it even had the courtesy to be over before 01:00 EST

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Orange Carlisle posted:

How long have the temporary tattoo logos on the body been a thing? In one of those clips both fighters are pretty much covered in them and I dont remember seeing them like that before.
Boxing has been doing it for at least 20 years.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I’ll still watch, but since Aldo-Conor I haven’t paid full price, and after USADA-Conor I won’t pay full stop.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Marching Powder posted:

i still get irl mad thinking about not getting to see them fight for a few minutes.
That and the press tour entirely fuelled on racism, which was eclipsed only by adding homophobia to Mayweather-Conor.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I vaguely recall our community reaction to that statement was “GSP would make Jorge one with the octagon canvas branding”.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Wandy knocking out Brian Stann was pretty good catharsis for both Wandy fans and SA MMA. GSP-Hughes 2 and GSP-Bisping got huge cheers out of me, but I think GSP-Serra 2 might have cracked some of the concrete in the Bell Centre.

Both of the Anderson-Chael fights were probably the reigning feel-good champs until Nate-Conor, Khabib-Conor, and Dustin-Conor 2/3. I think I woke up my entire house when that triangle went on.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Not only did Chael lose, and chirp that steroid use gave people ball cancer before himself popping, but his mother told the athletic commission he bad tiny balls.

Maybe I’m conflating the mom part with GSP-BJ 2: Greasegate, but someone definitely told the AC that he needed exogenous testosterone for very funny reasons.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

TheKingslayer posted:

Derrick Lewis busting Travis Browne's rear end is one of my all time feel good wins. For no particular reason other than watching Travis Browne fail was very amusing.
Reminded that Fabricio Werdum, in another masterful in-ring troll, got Browne to look at his own bare foot by pointing at it with a “your shoe’s untied” gesture then iirc hitting him in the face when it worked.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

LobsterMobster posted:

Koscheck couldn't get on a plane for I think a few weeks because his orbital was so shattered
imo the first fight was better. Kos spent the entire hype cycle saying “he’s never faced a wrestler on my level” and GSP doubled him straight onto his butt in what I recall being less than ten seconds. The look on Koschek’s face was just this glorious, bug-eyed “what just happened?? / oh noooooooo”.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

STONE COLD 64 posted:

bigfoot vs overeem
This made me look up Bigfoot’s fight record and… :catstare:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Snowman_McK posted:

For satisfying beatdowns, a lot of the good ones already got mentioned, so I'll put in an obscure one: Mike Brown Leonard Garcia.

Not that Garcia was scummy or anything. He's always seemed like a pretty nice guy. But his wild, flailing style could result in as many frustrating fights as great ones, sometimes beating guys that absolutely should have known better. Then, against Brown, Garcia throws one of his trademark looping punches and Brown just counters straight over the top and loving flattens him. I thought Garcia might have been dead. It was just amazing to see someone pull off, so effortlessly, a counter than had seemingly always been there but no one had ever managed to pull off. One of those 'why don't they just do X' and then someone went and did X.
Jesus that fight goes on a whole two minutes after that shot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-ZNAGObkLE

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

CarlCX posted:

Shalorus landing one kick to the groin, getting a warning, landing a second kick to the groin, losing a point, then landing a third kick to the groin and somehow going back to just getting a warning remains one of the most infuriating yet endearingly funny things that has happened in MMA.
There was also the double-leg attempt where he appeared to bend over entirely at the waist with his arms outstretched and walk backwards.

IF THE REFEREE DQ'S ME FOR NUT KICKS I WILL FACE REED HARRIS AND SHOOT BACKWARDS INTO HELL

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Freudian slippers posted:

I am thankful for Carl's outstanding effortposts!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

ilmucche posted:

Gray Maynard slamming Emerson so hard that Emerson's shoulder popped out prompting a tap, only gray landed on his own head and KOed himself
I think he broke Emerson’s rib? Gray arguing he wasn’t out when he clearly was… I don’t laugh at this sport quite like that anymore.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I was at his Leites fight. The crowd was hyped out of their minds after Shogun vs Chuck. Then Leites walked out to Welcome to the Jungle like Franklin before him, and I knew the fight was cursed.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
but on what date did his insane wife threaten to cuck him and thus discover his SSJ trigger

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The only win I can recall Conor actually getting back was Nate, and he spent most of that fight running away.

e: imagine not only having a wikipedia page, but having one with a "controversies" section, and said controversies section needing a sub-section just for "Miami Heat-related incidents"

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
is “Let Me Bang Bro” considered its shark jump or was that when someone committed sexual assault through sushi

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Destro posted:

Wanna watch 4.5 hours about the ultimate fighter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx-vcLk-sX0

btw thats koscheck with a garden hose pouring it on leben fine art style
So far this absolutely does not need to be over four hours. Author has pacing issues.

E: and he’s got easily a 15min digression to be overly credulous of Jason Thacker.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

omg chael crash posted:

Can someone drop a link to the discord? I don’t see it in the OP anymore
Someone's parachute got shredded and they closed it.