Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which PFL champion are you most looking forward to seeing this month?
This poll is closed.
Olivier Aubin-Mercier 1 3.85%
Larissa Pacheco 4 15.38%
Sadibou Sy 1 3.85%
Lance Palmer 0 0%
Nicco Montano 1 3.85%
Alexander Shlemenko 2 7.69%
Bobby Southworth 3 11.54%
Hardcore Holly 14 53.85%
Total: 26 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Following on the Stockton rules chat from the previous thread, basically Stockton rules are the same as Pride rules:

quote:

The fight is scored in its entirety and not round-by-round. After the third round, each judge must decide a winner. Matches cannot end in a draw. A decision is made according to the following criteria in this order of priority:

The effort made to finish the fight via KO or submission

Damage given to the opponent

Standing combinations and ground control

Takedowns and takedown defense

Aggressiveness

Weight (in the case that the weight difference is 10 kg/22 lb or more)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Or you could move to Stockton / Pride rules where there is a heavy scoring bias in favour of 'trying to finish the fight'.

It would lead to more contentious decisions but also push fighters away from boring control game plans.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

For me the issue is that there is no 'point' to many of tbe fights any more.

The match making is done on star power, titles often don't mean anything. So depsite having just watched 295 and enjoyed the spectacle it's hard to get hyped about the results because Aspinall isn't really the heavyweight champ and I'm unconvinced about Pereira as my last memory of him was getting KTFO by Adesanya in a lower weight class. Basically most main events are now like competitive exhibition matches.

Was Joe Silva leaving the departure point for all this?

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

ilmucche posted:

Well you see he only lost the round, so on balance he won the fight

Possibly my favourite MMA moment.