Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which PFL champion are you most looking forward to seeing this month?
This poll is closed.
Olivier Aubin-Mercier 1 3.85%
Larissa Pacheco 4 15.38%
Sadibou Sy 1 3.85%
Lance Palmer 0 0%
Nicco Montano 1 3.85%
Alexander Shlemenko 2 7.69%
Bobby Southworth 3 11.54%
Hardcore Holly 14 53.85%
Total: 26 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cerrone is the ultimate case of Diaz hypnosis. Between the second and third rounds, Diaz flipped him off while yelling at Cowboy and he just kindof shrugged his his shoulders like "yup, you're whipping my rear end and I can't stop it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxAEXeTg9Lc&t=655s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Gumball Gumption posted:

Even with all the caveats of Fury not taking it seriously or "amateur boxers can be tough because they're awkward" or whatever it was impressive and a worsening black eye for the UFC.

Fury denied said caveats. He said he took it 100% serious and had a standard camp in preparation. He said Ngannou deserves all the credit for doing what he did, and that he’s legit even if inexperienced.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mark Goddard is a coward and should have stood that dude up from mount multiple times holy poo poo I can't believe he let him just lay on Lewis for drat near the whole fight without doing anything.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CarlCX posted:

counterpoint: full mount is a dominant position people shouldn't get stood out of and if someone can sit on you for five minutes at a time without fear of losing position your suffering is earned

Also, Lewis deserves everything he gets for having like four different points in that fight where he could have separated and forced a tired Jailton to fight on the feet, and instead Lewis's brain thought, 'no, I'm going to take him down, this is going great for me.'

This isn't a grappling competition. You only get points for position if absolutely no effective striking or grappling is happening. Stalling in any position, dominant or not, is not a part of the judging criteria and the ref is 100% responsible for ensuring that action continues in the fight. The "dominance" of any positions doesn't matter. If you're stalling, the ref should break it up to encourage action.

I can see Goddard letting it go in rds 1 and 2 when there were still active submission attempts happening with frequency. By round 3, that was basically gone and it was just laying on a dude. That's not action, and the ref shouldn't just tell them "work" 100 times like Kim Winslow slapping someone's hand when they grab the fence.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Eat This Glob posted:

iirc, chael said he didn't know tapping meant you lost the fight, just that you lost the round, which is some grade-a chael-ing right there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV5zqPW-ukI

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

LobsterMobster posted:

i am thankful for my good posting friends and the good posts they make here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

STONE COLD 64 posted:

just like the deep dive fedor did into werdum

I was at my dad's house on leave playing poker and watching a stream on a laptop. I was screaming "tap you fat russian gently caress" while they were just wanting me to check or bet. I was a bit tipsy.