Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

winblows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

windows makes me click through a bunch of powerpoint slides when it boots after updates now, declining subscription offers and telling it i don’t want to sync my nonexistent android phone, etc

every drat time

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

my GF got a new laptop and i was kinda excited to use on vacation or when visiting my aunt and stuff, as ive never owned a laptop, but it has windows 11 and i hate it

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

numberoneposter posted:

my GF got a new laptop and i was kinda excited to use on vacation or when visiting my aunt and stuff, as ive never owned a laptop, but it has windows 11 and i hate it

It's really easy if ur not a noob at computing

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

windows is too hard for noobs, you need at least an undergrad degree in computers, it’s expected

noobs should stick to macs or linux

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Grey Cat posted:

Also like windows 10 a bunch of basic rear end settings are super annoying to actually navigate to because they are afraid grandma might find them. (She will anyways)

how is she so loving good at this, its like getting your rear end kicked in a fighting game by a button masher

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

buglord posted:

god there’s just a parade of unsavory stuff now, like the search menu telling me something a chud senator is doing when I’m just trying to find the zip file I downloaded earlier.

This is the weirdest thing to me. Why the gently caress do they think we want boomer CBS evening news with Tom Brokaw poo poo? In an OS? :psyduck:

HorseMorsel
Sep 8, 2023
My PC is on Windows 11. My laptop is on Windows 10. I honestly could not tell you a single difference between them.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I like how OneDrive auto tags any images it sees in documents as a photo, so they also show up with in the photos folder with pictures you have actually taken with your phone. So if you have 100s of nonsense images of assets from a project you're working on that you have carefully sorted into subfolders of each project folder that you're keeping in Documents, welp too bad, those are now shotgunned all over your photos folder as well.
Want to see a photo of my dog? Ok one min lemme just scroll through 100 images of slightly different curved lines.

Also, Control Panel still exists, buried and hidden like a red-headed stepchild. Just can't quite integrate that with settings, can they.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

It's really easy if ur not a noob at computing
Meet me on blood gulch and I'll show you who's the noob.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

ill go warm the hog

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
It’s gonna be awesome when MS has finally integrated Windows 12 and Office so you can only access email by saying, “ok, windows, do I have any new emails?” and the OS struggles to decipher what you’re saying until it gives up and just shows a wall of ads, then crashes.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

MoonshineWilly posted:

It’s gonna be awesome when MS has finally integrated Windows 12 and Office so you can only access email by saying, “ok, windows, do I have any new emails?” and the OS struggles to decipher what you’re saying until it gives up and just shows a wall of ads, then crashes.

You know you can do this with windows 10 right?

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

lets upgrade!!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

stratdax posted:

I like how OneDrive auto tags any images it sees in documents as a photo, so they also show up with in the photos folder with pictures you have actually taken with your phone. So if you have 100s of nonsense images of assets from a project you're working on that you have carefully sorted into subfolders of each project folder that you're keeping in Documents, welp too bad, those are now shotgunned all over your photos folder as well.
Want to see a photo of my dog? Ok one min lemme just scroll through 100 images of slightly different curved lines.

Also, Control Panel still exists, buried and hidden like a red-headed stepchild. Just can't quite integrate that with settings, can they.

Wait do u actually put ur files in the default documents?!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
First step to windows fresh install is create a new folder on your biggest SSD called _whatever to put all your art and poo poo.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i store everything on the desktop for easy access

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

i store everything on the desktop for easy access

That's where I work!

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Windows 11 still won’t let me put the taskbar on the left, bad os.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Dick Fontaine posted:

hey, did you know that they’re working on windows 12 and the goal seems to be replace the start menu with ai?
https://www.windowscentral.com/software-apps/windows-11/microsoft-teased-windows-12-features-during-qualcomms-snapdragon-x-elite-event

Guaranteed this'll flop just like Windows 8 when everything was set up for touch/mobile use

11 isn't bad but I definitely had to do the reg hack to get rid of the lovely "new" right click menu style

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

☝️☝️☝️

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Let's do a bit. You be the Mac and I'll be the PC.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm a Mac and I'm happy to announce the new Apple Keyboard. It has one button that types only what we think you can handle.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
I'm a PC and every button on my keyboard types "I like to have sex with my own butt" and sells your precious personal data to freaking gommunist China!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Twin ho’s

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Khanstant posted:

I'm a Mac and I'm happy to announce the new Apple Keyboard. It has one button that types only what we think you can handle.

"It Just Works!"

- Mac Zombie

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Khanstant posted:

Wait do u actually put ur files in the default documents?!

For easy access across devices; that's where the cloud is. Sorry I don't want to set up my own raid zero NAS hosted on my own ftp or whatever it is you nerds do.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I can't argue with this salesmanship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgJS2tQPGKQ

:thejoke: Cocainum!

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

not enough furries or catgirls

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

The arch linux maintainers got really weird and petty about supporting legacy nvidia stuff so I tried 11 on a new PC and found out it's not bad at all.

Edge is just chromium, so I just run my fav old chrome extensions on it w/ bing bar disabled
Notepad and file explorer has tabs, which is helpful

And when stuff breaks I don't have to deal with some of the most insufferable people to find out how to fix my poo poo.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Bad Purchase posted:

windows makes me click through a bunch of powerpoint slides when it boots after updates now, declining subscription offers and telling it i don’t want to sync my nonexistent android phone, etc

every drat time

the bizarre kid on the bus with the penguin and devil shirts was correct all along... Windows IS a virus.

I hope that guy doing well for himself, he is impossible to find on Google :)

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

My uncle works at Microsoft and he gave me the Cortana nude code

Leave that poor corpse alone :(

Windows 8 was such an insane fuckup it almost warrants a 2 episode docuseries on Netflix.

*What if your os was designed for touch gestures when no one on the planet owns a touch capable monitor?*

Did Balmer do cocaine, or was it just fart huffing that got him that far?

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Windows 7 was too good for this world

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

That early meme with the cool Windows, Apple, and Linux cats here.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Bad Purchase posted:

every drat time

You can't disable that in the dxdiag startup?

I'm like 3 versions behind, you can probably ignore advice from this old dotard.

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
When are they going to finish updating windows. It's been 30 years and still no finished product to speak of

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
It's all been downhill since Win2k running on my Abit VP6 dual P3 with RAID 0 system drive

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

The Hello Machine posted:

When are they going to finish updating windows. It's been 30 years and still no finished product to speak of
i could ask the french the same about the eiffel tower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

stratdax posted:

For easy access across devices; that's where the cloud is. Sorry I don't want to set up my own raid zero NAS hosted on my own ftp or whatever it is you nerds do.

You're the nerd using the cloud. I have a folder on my SSD where I put my stuff