Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!

Araxxor posted:

Fun fact, row has absolutely no effect on damage in the Persona Qs. All it does is restrict the range of melee attacks (If you're in the back row, you can't smack the enemy's back row with melee). Probably done since the Persona games don't really have a row mechanic. All it does is reduce enemy aggro, as they're less inclined to smack the back row.

Magic also affects infliction rates as well, though luck is twice as powerful as magic for doing so. However unlike in Etrian Odyssey 3 and 4 (Which these games' code are based on) the effect is rather minimal unless you're like a hundred of magic and luck points above the enemy's.

Out of curiosity, is the ailment infliction formula for these games known? I thought that it was similar to EO3 and 4's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!

Araxxor posted:

If your ailment score is the same as your target's, you have 1x infliction rate in EO3/4. In the Persona Qs it's 0.73x Yes being on even ground worsens your infliction by 27%. You need 50 more ailment score than the target to reach a neutral rate.

Wow! That's incredibly annoying.

Thanks for the info, though! I find this kinda stuff incredibly interesting :P