Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Beep the God Damned Meep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Fil5000 posted:

I remain baffled at people who like Doctor Who (and indeed Star Trek) who get angry at progressive politics. What on earth are they finding in the show to enjoy?

Cognitive dissonance

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

That was a fun skit. Murray Gold is BACK and LOUDER THAN EVER.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I, for one, definitely enjoy making The Dalek Timeline more difficult and bizarre to try and pin down.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Confusedslight posted:

Is the davros series that big finish did a while ago worth checking out? I think it takes place before he become the davros in genesis.

"I, Davros" is probably my favorite thing Big Finish has put out. It's good as gently caress.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I just don't see how 'canon' even works in Dr. Who. They're constantly changing history, everything's canon, even the contradictory poo poo.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I just wish Troughton could come back as a Nth Doctor for 3-5 specials too.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Rochallor posted:

Heard they're doing a remake of Rip Van Winkle where he gets woke at the end

lol

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I honestly don't like much of 10's run, but I am VERY excited about Tennant and Tate being back together loving around with space and time.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

is there anywhere in America I can see this new version of The Daleks? I looked on Disney, it wasn't there.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

supposed to drop at 1:30 Eastern Time in the US.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/doctor-who-special-episode-1-release-time-by-time-zone/ar-AA1kv8Xy

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I'm so glad Dr. Who is back

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Beep the fuckin Meep

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I can't wait to see Wilf one more time.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

My mom watched the new special last night with my eight year old nephew, who'd never seen the show before. It blew his mind. The fact that something as cute as The Meep could be evil was something that he'd never considered before. He can't wait til the next episode.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

HD DAD posted:

After Ruby, Gatwa’s next companion should be Matt Berry

playing himself

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

can y'all believe a new episode of Dr Who is fixing to come on??

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

That cold open was dumb as poo poo. And I loved it.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

holy poo poo they're going somewhere with The Timeless Child and Flux that actually made it sound interesting to me.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Carbon dioxide posted:

Gee I wonder who's writing he might be referring to.

ah, he's been reading my fan fictions

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I definitely like JNT's run more than Chibnall's. It had its highs and lows, but there are few in that run that I'll never watch again. I don't plan on watching any Chibnall episodes again, aside from maybe the Weeping Angels one and "Power of the Doctor."

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

I know I have seen it, but even with that review and the gifs from it, I don't remember it at allllll.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

wasn't Mel the one that 7 described his existence as "Crazy Paving?" The jigsaw bit reminded me of that.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Diabolik900 posted:

At this point it all comes down to taste, because I just can’t agree with this at all. There’s a lot of variability in the quality of RTD’s original run, but during my current rewatch I’ve realize I’d much rather watch RTD’s “bad” episodes than any of the other showrunners’ bad episodes, and with Chibnall’s run I don’t have much desire to even rewatch the episodes I enjoyed.

yeah, that's where I'm at with modern "Who"

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

CobiWann posted:

My first Seven story was Ghost Light and to this day I STILL have no idea what the hell was going on!

Ghost Light is absolutely my favorite TV story. It's so wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

Series six was just a disaster. Moffat got his perfect series five out there and then when people said, "Okay. What's next?" he just shrugged. The Silence were conceptually cool but then their plot just fizzled out.

Series six had a lot of good poo poo in it, but as a season, it really was a trainwreck. Only one of the episodes fully works for me ("The Doctor's Wife"). Pretty much nothing in series seven is good to me, unless you count "Day of The Doctor" as part of the season.