Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
Is it a spoiler if a Disney Plus press release announces the Christmas Special release date and title before the BBC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

The Web Planet to The Crusade?

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

I seem to remember when the beeb did weekend morning repeats back in the late 90s/early 00s they never played any McCoy episodes either. I think the furthest they ever seemed to get was Revelation of the Daleks.

You must have just missed it - aside from the repeat run in 1999 where they discovered no one was spending 7 weeks to watch Doctor Who and the Silurians, pivoted to Genesis and abandoned the whole thing, you’re going back to the 92/93/94 repeats which included Battlefield!

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Oddly it’s not clear. A press release today said it was dropping 1:30PM EST and 11:30AM PST, which clearly contradict each other.

If the EST time is correct then it’s dropping as the broadcast starts; if the PST time is correct then it’s an hour later.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

I’m still astounded by the number of people who thought ‘RTD is back, we’re getting rid of Chibnall’s wokery’’

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Ohhh right. And my stained and crumpled mental file card for it indiciates that Logopolis was one of my favourites from that overall era. Is that the one that was on Pluto? That might deserve a rewatch soon.

No - the one on Pluto is Season 15’s The Sun Makers.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Tennant has said in the behind the scenes show that he doesn’t know who the Boss is, so the presumption is that he’s either lying or it’s something carrying over into Gatwa’s era.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Rochallor posted:

Okay, I knew I had read something to that effect but couldn't remember where, it was really bugging me. So we're not talking the Occidental Toymaker, any bets on which classic series baddie we're bringing back? Personally I'm hoping for the Vardans, let's turn this into a show for five people.

Professor Zaroff. Played by Peter Jurasik.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

It was well known within fandom at the time, but most people wrote it off as Barrowman shenanigans.

After Noel Clarke’s sexual assault accusations they were brought back to the forefront, suddenly there was a media fiasco and Barrowman was rightly called out.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if they pull out a bit of reshot material from the original Toymaker story using NPH and Bradley next week in a flashback

There’s a very very tiny part of me wondering if there’s any truth to these missing episode rumours, and next weeks episode is going to nonchalantly drop in a clip from a missing Toymaker episode.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

So the Celestial Toymaker is unsurprisingly being animated. Not sure on this one…

https://x.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1732762310739997167?s=46

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

A question to fellow Americans - have you seen ANY promotion for Doctor Who this year, either online on on TV? Because I haven’t, which could explain the viewership internationally.

Disney+ didn’t even put up a launch page for Wild Blue Yonder until about 2 minutes before releasing it and it was a separate entity to The Star Beast, so if people want to catch up you’ve got to search out each episode individually (unless they’ve fixed it since Saturday)!

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

So I’m trying to figure out whether the whole situation on Earth was everyone just saying what they’re thinking without common sense stopping them?

Because if so, Kate basically revealed she thinks Shirley is faking/overplaying her disability since she can walk at times, which is very awkward…

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Cleretic posted:

(And my brain wanted to say it also caused issues with the Hartnell story The Chase, but a quick scan of the Doctor Who wiki says no.)

Your brain is right - the Beatles inclusion in The Chase has led to its DVD and Bluray releases outside of the UK being edited.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

I haven't been following things super closely but seeing some stuff suggesting the colourisation of The Daleks wasn't a one off?

There was an interview with the team behind the colour Daleks on Radio Free Skaro about a month ago where they said a second colourisation was coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

Turnerizing used to be seen as incredibly disrespectful to the original creators of black and white media and I'm really curious when, exactly, this changed.

I think the difference is that when Turner did then, there was no QA - it was pretty much run through colourising software and it’s done. With this, they’re making an effort to put out a decent product. Had they colourised it in the TNT fashion, then it would have been rightly slated.