Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

My one complaint is they have too much budget. They need to pare it back at least 40%, I don’t want to see any goddamned visual manifestation of the sonic doing stuff aside from an appropriately colored flashlight beam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Astroman posted:

And in the old show, his TARDIS was usually just The Doctor's with black paint.

Now The Rani, she had the best alternative TARDIS ..specifically the console:

:swoon:

Gatwa has apparently openly said that he’d really really like Gillian Anderson to play The Rani at some point during his run, also

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Astroman posted:

What I really noticed as I tried to imagine RTD pulling this thread to see how much got tore down was that Moffat's stories were often just huge setpieces that went nowhere. Macguffins that were discarded for the Real Plot, which was jn turn misdirection from the REAL PLOT. And yeah, almost all the world or universe ending drama was because of or involving the Doctor, Amy, Rory, River, Clara, etc. Like you take out the 11th Doctor and his extended family and the universe is a LOT less dramatic.

I don't hate hate the moffat era but I once heard someone describe his Who as jangling keys in your face and I haven't heard anything quite as perfectly descriptive of its issues

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Open Source Idiom posted:

I get why the Doctor never uses the TARDIS to land inside villains and explode them (he's laaaaame) but what's the Master's excuse?

The master has had a working tardis so few times that you can only assume that he’s an even worse driver than the Doctor is.