Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The whole point of 14 being The Doctor’s “therapy regeneration” is that by the time they’re 15 they’ve learned to deal with and/or drop some of that weariness and ennui. And 15 clearly still has some of it based on a few scenes in the last special, it just doesn’t dominate his personality in the same way it did 9-14 in particular.

4 also had a very similar manic joy and energy without the weariness in his early adventures and obviously he’s still considered by many to be the definitive portrayal of the character.

Agreed.

I just watched the 3 specials of Tennant and Tate redux and the Christmas Special last night, finally paying my mouse toll. I loved the...lightness, for lack of a better word, and joy that Gatwa has brought. It was like a huge burden has been lifted off the shoulders of the character that has been there, well pretty much since Adric died. Whittaker walked a knife's edge between the past holding her back and the future pulling her forward, so I thought this transition was particularly well done from a character dynamics perspective.

And I adored the musical scene, which is shocking since I really despite musicals in general

After it finished Pluto was streaming an episode of 4 and its easy to forget how dark and slowly paced that show once was, as much as I adore Baker as my first Doctor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Cleretic posted:

I like that she isn't even 100% on when Houdini was alive, and still correctly flags it as weird.

She and the new Doctor are charisma magnets IMO and have interesting character elements to explore

Also give it up to Russell T. for giving it to TERF island