Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Senor Tron posted:

Apparently 15ths first season is gonna be branded as Season 1, so look forward to that confusing naming scheme.

Moffat did the same thing when Smith came on board. Said it was Season 1. Tbh though, the numbering scheme that's been in use for NuWho (i.e. with Smith taking over in s05) kinda doesn't work now. Did Thirteen get three seasons or four? Tennant's "year of specials" always felt like basically a season to me anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
loved it to bits. that's loving doctor who. quintessential, even.

i do wonder how much of an impact a bomb is going to have on un-things. 'spect our two dopplegangers are still around, just even more annoyed.

the song 'wild blue yonder' has been playing in my head ever since the episode ended, so i've been mulling over the oddness of the song's emphasis here, like a bunch of you have. it may be one of those things that's going to click once we've seen the next couple of episodes.

i also think that "getting four hour-long doctor who episodes in a five week span" is the actual 60th anniversary, though i like that the episode falling on the correct day is the most purely doctor who episode in ages.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
my god that was good. what a loving episode. honestly felt bigger/more significant than the 50th.

favourite scene would have to be the lip-sync dance number. how nph exits that scene was just 😽

ncuti just radiates doctorness. i was expecting only a few seconds of him, so getting to see him interacting with david was just 💜

these are going to be the longest drat two weeks. hfs does the christmas special look fun.

ncuti gatwa makes me wish i was into blokes. genuinely jealous of y'all androphiles.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
i have no memory of that being rassilon (in hell bent) at all. took me a while to even click what you folks were talking about. i guess he was a different regeneration, but wow, incredibly different vibe. edit: i loving adored dalton's turn as rassilon.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Barry the Sprout posted:

I've been spoilt, because I'm a little sad there's no new Doctor Who today.

loving tell me about it.