Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

I just don't buy that Bill is actually alright tbh. She got eaten by a thing, and based on that other girl who got eaten by the same thing there's not gonna be a whole lot of Bill left anymore.

Then there's that decade long experimental cyber conversion process. That had to be an unbroken chain of tortures and mind rape. They clearly established that all of those patients were screaming all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Are gremlins more of an American thing? They were very definitely gremlins to my American brain.

Edit: nope, invented by the British air corps in WWI to explain random mechanical mishaps.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 26, 2023

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
It was a nice character moment that gave us a taste of who this doctor was that the rest of the special didn't address. I think the special was better for that scene.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

It sort of works for Ten. Nine's "I picked up another stupid ape!" just comes through in a different way with him, in which he's kind and wacky right up until something touches a nerve and he turns into a vengeful monster who willfully utilizes the bigotry of the era to punish his enemies. Sure, he throws Harriett Jones under the misogyny bus, but he also punishes aliens who should know better even harsher by trapping them in mirrors forever, and gets so furious at the twee romcom blogosphere of the aughts that he turns someone into a concrete block face.

the Nu doctors have sometimes been nice, sometimes dour, but they have rarely been kind. 15 seems like he might break that trend.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Well that's all right then!