Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

google THIS

Buttchocks posted:

Cats piss and poo poo and puke a lot. They scratch up the furniture and make noise. Also taking care of them costs money. These are all things dads don't like. (I'm not a dad. I want a cat.)

To be completely fair, dads already had to put up with all of those things from you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

RavenousScoot posted:

dads front like they will never have a cat in the house until they do then they end up being the cat's bestie (in my experience)

This is a fun irony in that human body language expressing disgust or indifference closely mimics cat body language expressing trust and affection, so cats naturally gravitate toward cat haters and wear them down

google THIS

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Looks like we got to the bottom of that. Good work team.

Now let's figure out why my moms don't like tarantulas.

- Has eight eyes to roll
- Leaves four times as many wadded up socks lying around
- Sucks the innards out of its prey, leaving behind the part with all the vitamins
- Doesn't try as hard as its brother, who spins the most beautiful webs

google THIS

Sherbert Hoover posted:

I am a dad and I love all cats, especially my cats, but when my kid asks for more cats I turn into dad who doesn't like cats

Same, but my cats are elderly and we've promised the kids we will get new baby kittens when they pass

So now I sometimes catch the kids watching the cats, torn between deep affection for a beloved furry family member who has been a constant throughout their entire lives, and staring at them like they're in a Looney Tunes desert island cartoon and the cats just turned into walking drumsticks