Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i expect the december schedule to claim first blood

Newcastle, Chelsea, Bournemouth, (Bayern), Liverpool, West Ham... Manchester United has been extremely lucky in their results lately and if the luck doesn't continue for the next 5 games, ETH is in trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Why on earth would ten hag be in trouble?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Nobody is in trouble until the club puts out a statement saying they have full support

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

owner needs their own manager in. Can't be bothered with a bald dutch fraud. Need Brucey
or POTTER

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
It's gotta be Kompany who's first to go. He's so clearly out of his depth, makes the same excuses every week without ever changing his tactics. Big Sam will be there in time for new years.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

UnderFreddy posted:

owner needs their own manager in. Can't be bothered with a bald dutch fraud. Need Brucey
omg plz :pray:

whostolemyhat
Jan 15, 2014

Everton fans have "criticised the league for not considering the impact of a points deduction on supporters"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/dec/01/everton-appeal-premier-league-tension-commission-independence

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

TheRat posted:

Why on earth would ten hag be in trouble?
He’ll be fine. The last decade is proof that spending loads on shite and playing awful football is the United way.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
for more on the United way

quote:

Manchester United are under investigation by Trafford Council after several people alleged they became unwell after being served raw chicken during an event hosted at Old Trafford.

United, who declined to comment, are also conducting an internal investigation after receiving complaints from guests who attended an event hosted at the club’s stadium in recent months. The precise nature of the event is not known.

Symptoms of food poisoning can include diarrhoea, fever, stomach cramps, nausea and vomiting. Salmonella, an infection associated with raw chicken, can result in hospitalisation. The investigations by the council and the club are expected to examine whether symptoms experienced by the guests were related to what they consumed on United’s premises, or whether other illnesses may have struck down the visitors.

United’s current food hygiene rating is listed on the government’s website as ‘5: Very Good’ — the highest grade achievable — but the incident involving raw chicken may place this rating under jeopardy. Old Trafford’s annual Food Standards Agency (FSA) inspection was scheduled for October 23 but the club’s rating has not yet been updated for the calendar year 2023.

The FSA is an independent government department that works to protect public health, with its ratings assessing the handling of food, how food is stored and prepared and the cleanliness of facilities.

Any businesses given low ratings by the local authority food safety officer must make urgent or major improvements to hygiene standards. If it is judged that there is an imminent risk to public health, when food may be unsafe to eat, part of a business could be stopped or closed down until it is safe to recommence.

United draw substantial revenue from hosting events and providing hospitality, not least on matchday, and any downgrading of the club’s food hygiene rating would be a damaging development and may mean United have to spend significantly on improving protocols.

Restoring a rating can take a lengthy period of time and could also impact the hospitality rates the club can charge.

United’s battle to protect their hygiene rating comes just as Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s major £1.3billion investment is set to be confirmed in the coming weeks.

Manchester United declined to comment on Friday evening when approached by The Athletic, while Trafford Council had not responded by the point of publication.
https://theathletic.com/5105029/2023/12/01/man-utd-chicken-food-safety-old-trafford/

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

me stakeholders hygiene rating

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Finally...a successor to the dodgy lasagna

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They're going to lose the ability to prepare food and Fabregas is going to have to do drive-by pizza deliveries

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

many a poo was shited that day

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

unacceptable. glazers out, venky's in

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

The stadium that has had an actual mouse/rat run onto the pitch during a derby, and then only declined since, managed to get a 5 star hygiene rating.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
My Munich sandwich smells funny

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

the sex ghost posted:

My Munich sandwich smells funny

Munchin' on some Munchen

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

based on some of the kebabs I have eaten, I'm pretty sure that the threshold for a five-star FSA rating is that they can go through the walk-in (on their scheduled pre-arranged visit) and not find anything that's more than two weeks out of date or an unlabelled bag of pig kidneys

lmao at the athletic talking about it with bass in their voice

FullLeatherJacket fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 1, 2023

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
If they didn’t want raw chicken then maybe they shouldn’t have put Patrice Evra in charge of catering!

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
It's funny how Patrice Evra orally pleasuring raw chicken is absolutely nowhere near the worst thing a former man united player of his era has been filmed doing with their mouth

And not even on the same page of terrible things former man united players have generally done

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Not scran imo

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67592553

howard has run out of letterhead paper

now the referee makes bad calls and he was right to do so

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

quote:

The KMI panel is made up of three former players or coaches, one Premier League representative and one from referees' body the PGMOL.

It is intended to provide an independent retrospective view of decisions around major incidents that can be used as a guide to assess the performance of officials.

How is the panel including someone representing the people who are having their decisions scrutinised independent

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Thanks Ants posted:

How is the panel including someone representing the people who are having their decisions scrutinised independent

I'm sure he's a good lad who means well

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

UnderFreddy posted:

i doubt they care enough about staying up to sack him. They sold off their best players, didnt really care to get anyone else in and have good players leaving on a free in 2024. Seems more like they'll accept going down.

look at this wrong stupid little bitch

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1731594257138377186

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

RIP Paul Fuckingarse

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Nice of them to wait until November was over.

Also lmao "key player exits" as if that was on the manager.

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Dec 4, 2023

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

To be fair, they saw Chelsea buy 150 players and get worse.

Therefore surely selling all your players can only make you better.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Vegetable posted:

Sheffield United is owned by a Saudi prince, they’re definitely gonna try binning their manager.
I’m gonna count this as a W

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Vegetable posted:

I’m gonna count this as a W

It’s not official until there’s an official message from the club posted with a picture of a corner flag in the stadium.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Come on Sheffield, open up the sack floodgates

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

their solution is to bring back Chris Wilder. sometimes Football is Good

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Not going round saying ‘two time, two time’ just yet but I am looking up transfermarkt prices for other TRP gang tags.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
shouldn't there be a december thread by now

also i feel like any time sky sports do a EtH stats image they use a picture of him like a child model for Gap

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Nuclear Spoon posted:

also i feel like any time sky sports do a EtH stats image they use a picture of him like a child model for Gap

Lol

Also agreed, no sack November is over. I will make a new thread later if no-one wants to be a hero

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Nuclear Spoon posted:

pretty bad indictment of Liverpool/Chelsea/spurs last season that this bald fraud still somehow won the top 4 trophy

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Nuclear Spoon posted:

lol

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Sheffield United bringing back Chris Wilder would be a massive lol so I hope they do it

The Saviour
Feb 19, 2006

Premier League Full Sack December 23/24

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

mila kunis posted:

pretty bad indictment of Liverpool/Chelsea/spurs last season that this bald fraud still somehow won the top 4 trophy

Pretty bad indictment of Chelsea last season that they're not in that image.