Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

It's well worth watching the press conference for when they unveiled Heckingbottom as permanent manager. One of the weirdest one of those things I've ever seen. Certainly the most honest. Spelled out very clearly that he was there for (cheap) continuity and to facilitate the pathway for players from the youth team that they could sell for a profit later, rather than having any expectations of promotion. Even when we all know when managers are appointed for that reason, that's the first time I've heard a club say it out loud at their unveiling.

He massively over exceeded expectations by getting promoted last year and saved them (likely temporarily) from financial oblivion while doing it. To say they weren't planning to be back in the Prem at this stage is underselling it, and probably makes sense when you look at how they started this season with a worse team than got them up.

Wilder's another cheap roll of the dice in the blind hope of lighting some sort of spark with the fanbase and players who did a job for him before, from an ownership that is checked out and wants out.

Bumhead fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nuclear Spoon posted:

shouldn't there be a december thread by now

also i feel like any time sky sports do a EtH stats image they use a picture of him like a child model for Gap

what are those shoooooooes

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Josuke Higashikata posted:

what are those shoooooooes

RRP £39.99
Now only £24.99 in our Black Friday sale!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Nuclear Spoon posted:

RRP £39.99
Now only £24.99 in our Black Friday sale!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcvXILTeqyY

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

the sex ghost posted:

Lol

Also agreed, no sack November is over. I will make a new thread later if no-one wants to be a hero

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4048756

i tried