Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The Finn posted:

That match generated like 500 new posts in a few hours, and I read every one

I think we can all agree the game was Tremendous Content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Giroud in goal was great

slorb
May 14, 2002
I think Ange might be the best manager in the world because he just lost 4-1 at home and the stadium was singing his name at full time.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

slorb posted:

I think Ange might be the best manager in the world

Me too

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
It’s funny that after losing a game to bad officiating both Klopp and Arteta had absolute meltdowns while Big Ange was mature and thoughtful 🤔

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Blinkz0rz posted:

It’s funny that after losing a game to bad officiating both Klopp and Arteta had absolute meltdowns while Big Ange was mature and thoughtful 🤔

Spurs didn't lose to bad officiating, they lost because their defenders are incapable of keeping themselves on the pitch

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Ange can't blame the refs because even down to 9 men the refs didn't make his team defend like this:

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Shrapnig posted:

Spurs didn't lose to bad officiating, they lost because their defenders are incapable of keeping themselves on the pitch

Son’s goal being ruled out while onside and Romero’s tackle being a direct red for a challenge he won while trying to sweep the ball were pretty bad officiating imo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Blinkz0rz posted:

Son’s goal being ruled out while onside and Romero’s tackle being a direct red for a challenge he won while trying to sweep the ball were pretty bad officiating imo

Your inability to understand the rules of football does not make them bad officiating decisions.

Romero should have been sent off 10 minutes before he was anyway.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Son was offside and Romero tried to put his studs through a players ankle though

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Blinkz0rz posted:

Romero’s tackle being a direct red for a challenge he won while trying to sweep the ball were pretty bad officiating imo

Lmao the worst take

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

vyelkin posted:

Ange can't blame the refs because even down to 9 men the refs didn't make his team defend like this:

What if they did though?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Blinkz0rz posted:

:qq:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
You love to see the ol' "He got the ball so the potential leg breaking follow through is totally fine" argument

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

vyelkin posted:

It’s a testament to how disjointed Chelsea are that it took them 20 mins to successfully break this down

Hell, even in that pic, nearly half the team is offside lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Blinkz0rz posted:

absolutely deluded

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Yeah it's a shame that the overall comedy of last night overshadowed how poor Chelsea were

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Blinkz0rz posted:

He got booked for melting down during the game

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I for one hope that what Spurs take away from the game is "the lads played really well" and not that they were winning until their suicidal tactics let Chelsea back in to the game

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

He got booked for melting down during the game

He got booked for leaving his technical area

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Why do you think he left his technical area

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
To tend to an injured bird

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

Blinkz0rz posted:

No one likes a teacher's pet

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Blinkz0rz posted:

He got booked for leaving his technical area

Richard keys account spotted. Ban queued

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Blinkz0rz posted:

dumb bitch

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Blinkz0rz having a 'mare on this page

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

it's me, i'm the one having the meltdown

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Why do you think he left his technical area

He's too fat to fit in it normally

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Blinkz0rz posted:

it's me, i'm the one having the meltdown

kind of you to take this weight off Big Ange's shoulders

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

my "I'm NOT having a meltdown" shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Barry Shitpeas posted:

I for one hope that what Spurs take away from the game is "the lads played really well" and not that they were winning until their suicidal tactics let Chelsea back in to the game

Chelsea werent winning until spurs had 2 players sent off and Van Der ven and Maddison went off injured

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Chelsea playing like that against City is going to be amazing

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Chelsea werent winning until spurs had 2 players sent off and Van Der ven and Maddison went off injured

It's true, you lost to Chelsea lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Chelsea weren't winning until they had more goals than Spurs

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

vyelkin posted:

big if true

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

vyelkin posted:

Huge if true

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Just look at Sterling's disallowed goal, they were already exploiting the high line vs 11. Chelsea have consistently struggled to break down teams this season and Spurs just broke themselves down

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Cool. Good. People are literally being told to not criticize the refs.

https://twitter.com/HACKETTREF/status/1721791143950594106

https://twitter.com/HACKETTREF/status/1721791147540983950

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Honestly, there are so many grey areas and so many rules left open to interpretation about intent, and malice, and "natural positions". It's no wonder VAR and officiating are so hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

More like Keith Can't Hackett