Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
personally i think its funny because its spurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I don't think good Polish lad Matthew Stuart Cash is intentionally injuring Spurs players.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Now that VAR has been successfully implemented, it's time to move on to the next thing:

Sin-bin trial plan recommended for professional games

quote:

Plans for football to introduce 10-minute sin-bins for cynical fouls and dissent have been recommended for trialling in the professional game.

The game's lawmakers, the International Football Association Board (Ifab), said it will "identify which levels are best to test".

The trial will also include a rule allowing only the team captain to approach the referee during a game.

Sin-bins have been trialled at grassroots level since 2019.

The proposals were announced at an Ifab meeting in London on Tuesday and are subject to approval at their Annual General Meeting in March 2024.

Former referee Pierluigi Collina, chairman of the Fifa referees committee who sits on the governing body's technical subcommittee, said the proposed trials would "very probably" involve professional football.

Ifab secretary Lukas Brud said one of the next steps was to identify the appropriate competition where the trials could take place.

"The positive message of the meeting is that 'yes, we're going to do something in that direction'," Brud told BBC Sport.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Shrapnig posted:

I don't think good Polish lad Matthew Stuart Cash is intentionally injuring Spurs players.

Remember when Alan Johnson or whoever regularly wiped players out and repeatedly got defended as not that kind of player

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Is that normal tackling you're doing, Mark?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

loving shawcross, the oval office

at least i think it was shawcross who did in eduardo

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Thanks Ants posted:

Is that normal tackling you're doing, Mark?

It doesn't smell normal Mark. It doesn't sound normal.

kri kri posted:

Nah, he did Ramsey. Martin Taylor was Eduardo.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Mickolution posted:

It doesn't smell normal Mark. It doesn't sound normal.

Nah, he did Ramsey. Martin Taylor was Eduardo.

ugh

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

A sin bin sounds like somewhere rural teenagers go to fool around

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
Hockey is really fun to watch, notoriously violent, and has a penalty box for players who commit fouls.

What are the chances this has an unintended consequence of making football more physical because referees will prefer the 'sin bin' to issuing red cards and players will adapt by tackling harder?

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

kri kri posted:

Shawcross tackle wasn't even a bad tackle, Ramsey just suffered from Wenger banning dairy products.

Also if you come back from one ligament tear and in your first match you get a new different ligament tear then perhaps you are too fragile for professional football.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

J Hume posted:

What are the chances this has an unintended consequence of making football more physical because referees will prefer the 'sin bin' to issuing red cards and players will adapt by tackling harder?

This will almost certainly happen. It’s a very dumb idea.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
They need to bring in indirect free kicks for bullshit handballs like Newcastles last night. It would be a lot of fun, and add a whole new dimension to the game, without fundamentally changing it for the worse like with the stupid sin bin idea.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Perfect Element posted:

They need to bring in indirect free kicks for bullshit handballs like Newcastles last night. It would be a lot of fun, and add a whole new dimension to the game, without fundamentally changing it for the worse like with the stupid sin bin idea.

I’m always in favor of indirect free kicks in the box, we need to bring them back

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i hate matty cash so loving much. that was his first start after a million years with an ACL

https://twitter.com/thespursexpress/status/1729547169210695714?s=46

Cash is an absolute oval office, lost his head after the Villa goal got disallowed, injured Bentancur, could have been sent off five minutes later and gets taken off at half time to stop him getting sent off

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

quote:

The trial will also include a rule allowing only the team captain to approach the referee during a game.

And this works differently to the last 15 times they've said this how?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
This time they will definitely do it. The first time (for example) Liverpool get 5 players sent off for crowding the ref for not giving a throw in their way will go extremely smoothly and not force Howard Webb to write an email

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm conjunction with sin bin we could have a contentious penalty decision result in a team playing 10 minutes of a match with just their keeper. The refs are cool again

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the team captain thing works in rugby because all the players occupy the same bit of the field at once. in football you’ll get teams shithousing by having their keeper as captain and having to trudge the full length of the pitch to talk to the referee every 5 minutes

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Will this count in the total distance covered stat?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Will this count in the total distance covered stat?

Memories of Peter Schmeichel doing sprints in his area while the ball was at the other end to gently caress with the early days of ProZone.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

We're actually going to get No Sack November aren't we?

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

seems like it. Bournemouth are wedded to the Iraola project, it wouldnt make sense for any of the promoted clubs to sack their managers, the middle of the pack clubs are doing fine and seem safe and the top 6 are doing as well as they should. Can't really see any sacking coming imminently. Maybe if Dyche doesnt extend with Everton?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It will be a double-sacking December to make up for it

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Even if they wanted to sack Dyche, I don't think Everton can afford the severance payoff. They're in enough financial trouble as it is.

If Dyche doesn't extend, they'll just have to let the contract run out unless he does them a favor and resigns.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Sheffield United is owned by a Saudi prince, they’re definitely gonna try binning their manager.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Does disappearing under suspicious circumstances from a room where there are only receipts for sports bags left behind count as a sacking though?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Does disappearing under suspicious circumstances from a room where there are only receipts for sports bags left behind count as a sacking though?

If he leaves in a sack it counts as a sacking, we've established this

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'm struggling to see who would be sacked - maybe Roy if Palace are 16th at Christmas

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Vegetable posted:

Sheffield United is owned by a Saudi prince, they’re definitely gonna try binning their manager.

i doubt they care enough about staying up to sack him. They sold off their best players, didnt really care to get anyone else in and have good players leaving on a free in 2024. Seems more like they'll accept going down.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Burnley are probably the most likely of the promoted sides to think they're staying up because they've done it before, maybe if they lose the next two weeks of fixtures then Kompany is out

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Poch is still in mild danger if Chelsea gently caress up their run of easy games coming up imo

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Spurs fans are hopping mad about Matty "fat stacks of" Cash and I'm lol'ing.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the sex ghost posted:

Poch is still in mild danger if Chelsea gently caress up their run of easy games coming up imo

This would be the funniest outcome, only made funnier if they go after De Zerbi

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.

UnderFreddy posted:

i doubt they care enough about staying up to sack him. They sold off their best players, didnt really care to get anyone else in and have good players leaving on a free in 2024. Seems more like they'll accept going down.

They've been trying to sell the club since last season (but not during the season rn), I don't think they'll sack heckingbottom purely cause anyone else would probably cost more.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

There are six hours left before No Sack November is official

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

The last time we went this long before a sacking was Slaven Bilic getting replaced by Sam Allardyce at West Brom on Dec 16, 2020.

The longest the PL ever went before a first sacking was Danny Wilson at Sheffield Wed on Mar. 21, 2000.

Out of the previous 31 PL seasons, November is most common (8) month for the first sacking to occur. 3 seasons waited til December, then another 3 between Jan and March.

Soon.

source

Quoting the advanced stats post

Surely we can't go to March

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i expect the december schedule to claim first blood

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i expect the december schedule to claim first blood

Surely the schedule will absorb enough player blood to not need to be sated by a manager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

All the clubs writing to santa for new knees